Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No, It is Murder

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No, (Other Reason)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even think of having the baby. I don't care if there is an infertile couple in the room crying, I am having that saline injection. I couldn't cope with seeing my lean functional body reduced to being a fucking incubator.

Sorry to sound so angry....I don't wear my femaleness well like my mother. Hers seems linked to strength and responsibility, and that's cool...I just find that the idea of being fertile and potentially having a child revolts me almost to death.

Let me ask you a question..

Imagine one day your significant other tells you that she is pregnant and that she wants to get rid of it. You are the father (I am assuming you are male.. if you are not.. just go with me here) and you want the child.

Now lets imagine that in this particular scenario, the father has the right to a say and can deny the mother the choice of an abortion if he so chooses.

Could you, as the father, force her to carry on with the pregnancy and force her to have the child against her wishes? Should you, as the father, have the rights over her body to force her to continue with an unwanted pregnancy.

What if her health was at stake?

What if, at 20 weeks, she tells him she's getting an abortion because it is endangering her health. He's still the "frikkin father", should he have the right to deny her the rights over her own body as to whether she carries to term or not?

Who should have the final say over the woman's choice to carry the child to term? The father who can, if he chooses to, walk away entirely once the child is born and have nothing to do with it? Or the mother who will have to put herself through the pregnancy against her will, which can endanger her life at any time of the pregnancy?

It is ultimately her body. We can go on and on forever about the body of the child and the rights of the father over the body of the child. But ultimately, it is the mother's body that will be put through the stress of the pregnancy and the ultimate stress of the birth and the afterbirth, even if there are no complications. And I can assure you, the stress is extraordinary. You stop sleeping by about 7 months, are in constant pain and stressed for the duration. And that's if you're lucky. If you're unlucky, you can end up with a wide variety of complications during and after the pregnancy, which can result in the mother's death.

So yes, it is ultimately her body and ultimately her choice.

i know this question wasn't directed at me, but does demonstrate how when you give your body to a man, you're really giving your body to a man. sex is a big deal, and the probable or potential outcomes of it are even bigger. so, it makes sense to me to not have sex with someone unless you're willing to have a child with them, and they with you, and for good reasons. because whatever the health risks or strains may be, and whatever the future holds, that thing growing inside you (whatever you guys decide to call it) is half his.

so yes, women need to make better choices.

i know this question wasn't directed at me, but does demonstrate how when you give your body to a man, you're really giving your body to a man. sex is a big deal, and the probable or potential outcomes of it are even bigger. so, it makes sense to me to not have sex with someone unless you're willing to have a child with them, and they with you, and for good reasons. because whatever the health risks or strains may be, and whatever the future holds, that thing growing inside you (whatever you guys decide to call it) is half his.

so yes, women need to make better choices.

I work for an organisation that sees thousands upon thousands of women who felt the same thing.. And as soon as they give birth, the guy walks out on them and they are forced to bring up the child on their own with what meagre child support my employers are able to get out of the father. I have seen some men who have over 20 children with twenty different mothers.. all of whom felt that they were having sex with someone who was willing to have a child with them, not knowing that the guy was also willing to have children with a dozen or more other women at the same time. And those children are half his. And his response? "Why the fuck should I have to pay $13 per month?".. And that's $13 per month for all 20 children combined. You do the maths as to how well this particular father cares for children who are half his..

Many of these women wanted to have an abortion and they allowed themselves be persuaded by the father about how much he soooo wants this child, etc. And as soon as the child is born, he moves on to another woman.

There are hundreds of thousands of such stories to be told.

Those women thought they chose well. Short of hiring private investigators to delve into the pasts of your loved one's, you can't always know if he's an arse or not. While it may make sense to you to only have sex with someone who wants and is willing to have a child with you, you simply cannot know for certain that the willing individual actually feels exactly as you do.

No woman should be lumped with an unwanted pregnancy. Nor should she be forced to carry on with an unwanted pregnancy against her will. Could you imagine being forced to have a child against your will? I can't.

I work for an organisation that sees thousands upon thousands of women who felt the same thing.. And as soon as they give birth, the guy walks out on them and they are forced to bring up the child on their own with what meagre child support my employers are able to get out of the father. I have seen some men who have over 20 children with twenty different mothers.. all of whom felt that they were having sex with someone who was willing to have a child with them, not knowing that the guy was also willing to have children with a dozen or more other women at the same time. And those children are half his. And his response? "Why the fuck should I have to pay $13 per month?".. And that's $13 per month for all 20 children combined. You do the maths as to how well this particular father cares for children who are half his..

Many of these women wanted to have an abortion and they allowed themselves be persuaded by the father about how much he soooo wants this child, etc. And as soon as the child is born, he moves on to another woman.

There are hundreds of thousands of such stories to be told.

Those women thought they chose well. Short of hiring private investigators to delve into the pasts of your loved one's, you can't always know if he's an arse or not. While it may make sense to you to only have sex with someone who wants and is willing to have a child with you, you simply cannot know for certain that the willing individual actually feels exactly as you do.

No woman should be lumped with an unwanted pregnancy. Nor should she be forced to carry on with an unwanted pregnancy against her will. Could you imagine being forced to have a child against your will? I can't.

i've overseen payroll for several good sized companies...i know that guy.

but see, in idealism (ie. loriland), the father is held equally accountable when he decides to spread his seed (which i get my ass chewed out in other threads for).

lies don't belong in loriland. they're not allowed. they're wrong.

I wouldn't even think of having the baby. I don't care if there is an infertile couple in the room crying, I am having that saline injection. I couldn't cope with seeing my lean functional body reduced to being a fucking incubator.

Sorry to sound so angry....I don't wear my femaleness well like my mother. Hers seems linked to strength and responsibility, and that's cool...I just find that the idea of being fertile and potentially having a child revolts me almost to death.

i know this sounds mean (but it's really not)...i hope you get pregnant. i think it would be good for you. broaden your horizons...

And her lean precious hips.

sounds like she's scrappy enough to survive and recoup from childbirth just fine. and besides...lean precious hips are just meant to be bitten...and stuff. :shake:

The last time I tried that, the Nothing came and gobbled it all up and my luck dragon and I had to scramble like all high hell to get the heck outta there.

i see.

well, i'll believe it for you. somebody has to do it, and i don't mind. :m:

i've overseen payroll for several good sized companies...i know that guy.

but see, in idealism (ie. loriland), the father is held equally accountable when he decides to spread his seed (which i get my ass chewed out in other threads for).

lies don't belong in loriland. they're not allowed. they're wrong.

Unfortunately, "loriland" is not reality/real life land.;)

In "loriland" for example, my children, would not be the devil's spawns and would be perfectly well behaved and not copy what they see in kids science shows on TV. In reality/real life land, they are, sometimes, the devil's spawn who copy what they see in science shows on TV.. prime example.. setting off a coke bomb in my walk in wardrobe while I was at work and their father was out hanging the washing.:bawl: The blame I lay on my father in law for giving them the mentos and my husband not being suspicious when he heard the fridge door open and then utter silence while he was outside aside.. In "loriland", my children would never have done such a thing. But alas, they did, which means I live in real life land.

*Sigh*...

In "loriland" for example, my children, would not be the devil's spawns and would be perfectly well behaved and not copy what they see in kids science shows on TV. In reality/real life land, they are, sometimes, the devil's spawn who copy what they see in science shows on TV.. prime example.. setting off a coke bomb in my walk in wardrobe while I was at work and their father was out hanging the washing.:bawl: The blame I lay on my father in law for giving them the mentos and my husband not being suspicious when he heard the fridge door open and then utter silence while he was outside aside.. In "loriland", my children would never have done such a thing. But alas, they did, which means I live in real life land.

*Sigh*...

What like these: http://www.5min.com/Category/Life Tips/Weird Science

Hey, Lori. I can do a cool manoeuvre like this dude here. (Sorry I don't have one of me, I'll get a friend to take one :D)

Isn't that infinitely cooler than having the baby and messing up your body? :D

Hey, Lori. I can do a cool manoeuvre like this dude here. (Sorry I don't have one of me, I'll get a friend to take one :D)

Isn't that infinitely cooler than having the baby and messing up your body? :D

That is pretty cool. I like your new sig. Thought about changing mine to "holy hot damn!"

*Sigh*...

At least they're interested in science (looking on the bright side). :D

I had no idea you could make a bomb out of mentos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back