Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No, It is Murder

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No, (Other Reason)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and even though i killed my child, the consequences really didn't go away.
I find this to be a terrible shame. You are IMO suffering throughout your life for adopting an irrational view of what life is, and holding yourself to impossible standards. But this is your choice.

Um, no. I'm of average height, average intelligence (I don't care what those stupid test results say), average ability at most things, and no real special traits that most other 19 year old females also have.

There are plenty out there like me. The world wouldn't have missed one.

i think you're wrong about that, and i would argue that science and history proves my point. there is no one else like you in the whole world, and you are here for a reason. just don't expect to ever know what that reason is. :)

I find this to be a terrible shame. You are IMO suffering throughout your life for adopting an irrational view of what life is, and holding yourself to impossible standards. But this is your choice.

hey man...somebody has to be an idealist. otherwise we'll just stay in this quagmire forever. it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. ;)

i don't mind.

i think you're wrong about that, and i would argue that science and history proves my point. there is no one else like you in the whole world, and you are here for a reason. just don't expect to ever know what that reason is. :)

That reason is because my mom decided not to suck my pre-neocortical body out of her uterus with a vacuum device.

I agree every child should be a wanted child. Hence I'm pro-choice.

me too. which is why i am pro-keep your pants on until you're ready to have one.

And nowhere does it say I have to keep it, let it ruin my body and drain nutrients from my bloodstream, and look after the little shit afterwards. :)

ok VI, we get it...you are an emotional untouchable. a hard ass. when i read what you say, i hear a shell...a defense. someone who is afraid. you're like a horse, and a child might "break" you. imo, you would be better off broken. somebody break through that shell and you learn what life's really all about.

it's about communion. what do you think about that?

....ok VI, we get it...you are an emotional untouchable. a hard ass. when i read what you say, i hear a shell...a defense. someone who is afraid. you're like a horse, and a child might "break" you. imo, you would be better off broken. somebody break through that shell and you learn what life's really all about.

:bravo: I wish I could have said that! I know it has nothing to do with abortion, but it needed to be said.

That reason is because my mom decided not to suck my pre-neocortical body out of her uterus with a vacuum device.

and that's it? you see no reason behind the fact that we are all unique and alive on this earth? you have no power? you have no control? you have no stake? you have no influence? you have no value that is unique on this earth?

how do you live thinking that? why in the hell would you struggle through the ordinary day thinking that?

i'm telling you...you're wrong. you WILL make a unique impact on this earth. you and what you do and how you feel and what you think DOES make a difference and IS important. no one else could ever replace you. science proves that.

....you see no reason behind the fact that we are all unique and alive on this earth? .....

how do you live thinking that? why in the hell would you struggle through the ordinary day thinking that?

Well see that's how genetic diversity works. We are all slightly different and it increases the odds of survival of the species.

We all "get through the day" because it's what we do...once more if we didn't, the species would not survive. Those that "don't get through the day" are removed from the gene pool.

But an abortion dosen't. No person is being harmed (in a physical sense, can't speak for the woman's psychological state). Therefore, the result of aborting a zygote or pre-neocortical fetus has less ethical impact than speeding. As I said.

So my question was, why all the ruckus?

i can testify that the woman's psychological state is nothing to diminish.

i would also argue that if what you do impedes upon the natural order of things, it's probably wrong, and even though the immediate consequences might be considered positive (if in denial), the long term consequences could never be good.

we are a part of nature. it does not behoove us to deny that, or to come against it, or try to circumvent it. we only end up hurting ourselves.

Well see that's how genetic diversity works. We are all slightly different and it increases the odds of survival of the species.

We all "get through the day" because it's what we do...once more if we didn't, the species would not survive. Those that "don't get through the day" are removed from the gene pool.

so our innate value is evident.

why are we here? what is the meaning of life? what is the purpose? what is our purpose here?

i believe that it is communion.

so, irresponsible sexual practices, selfishness, and abortion, don't fit into my agenda. they defeat the whole purpose.

i mean seriously, why are we here? to make money? to get our rocks off? to oppose nature? deny it?

so our innate value is evident.

why are we here? what is the meaning of life? what is the purpose? what is our purpose here?

i believe that it is communion.

so, irresponsible sexual practices, selfishness, and abortion, don't fit into my agenda. they defeat the whole purpose.

i mean seriously, why are we here? to make money? to get our rocks off? to oppose nature? deny it?

You are seeking a reason where there is none. There doesn't have to be a reason for why we are here. We just are. Many (I'm assuming you fit the category as well) can't comprehend or accept that possibility so they have to make up supernatural external prop-me-ups like gods and life after death in order to get through the day and their lives.

i can testify that the woman's psychological state is nothing to diminish.

i would also argue that if what you do impedes upon the natural order of things, it's probably wrong, and even though the immediate consequences might be considered positive (if in denial), the long term consequences could never be good.

we are a part of nature. it does not behoove us to deny that, or to come against it, or try to circumvent it. we only end up hurting ourselves.
This is a tough one. The natural order of things. I could easily argue that by strict definition, everything we do is part of the natural order of things. After all, we are just a different type of primate with a great ability to influence our environment. Sort of like how beavers dam up streams and completely alter the local ecosystem (for the better? or the worse?).

No, there really is no ultimate purpose other than what we decide it is. In the book "Contact" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan, the galactic civilization is engaged mostly in a great engineering project to close off a portion of the local universe, presumably to preserve it from whatever fate characterizes the end of the universe. One of them calls it "good, honest work".

No, there really is no ultimate purpose other than what we decide it is. In the book "Contact" by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan, the galactic civilization is engaged mostly in a great engineering project to close off a portion of the local universe, presumably to preserve it from whatever fate characterizes the end of the universe. One of them calls it "good, honest work".

Galactic Beavers??

I have not read that, but am in the middle of reading a couple of his non-fiction works - The Demon Haunted World and The Varieties of Scientific Experience.

Maybe I'll put it on my to-read list. Thanks!

me too. which is why i am pro-keep your pants on until you're ready to have one.

ok VI, we get it...you are an emotional untouchable. a hard ass. when i read what you say, i hear a shell...a defense. someone who is afraid. you're like a horse, and a child might "break" you. imo, you would be better off broken. somebody break through that shell and you learn what life's really all about.

I'm not untouchable, I'm just stating a truth. I would like to think I am special or not ordinary in some way. Wouldn't we all? But telling yourself you're special, you're unique, won't make it true. I'm average in most skills. I'm not a gift to the world, I'm not fucking Einstein. If I go out in the world someday and invent a drug that cures cancer or some shit, I'll gladly take my words back, but the point is...I'm not any more valuable than you or Orleander or any other ten-a-penny female with watery blue eyes. There are 6 billion of us. No one is all that special.

and that's it? you see no reason behind the fact that we are all unique and alive on this earth? you have no power? you have no control? you have no stake? you have no influence? you have no value that is unique on this earth?

i'm telling you...you're wrong. you WILL make a unique impact on this earth. you and what you do and how you feel and what you think DOES make a difference and IS important. no one else could ever replace you. science proves that.

What's wrong with being average, and not special? Which is what most humans are, unless they're some sort of super smart mutant with the skills to cure all disease and make the world fair??

I don't feel that I have no power and control. I feel that I am a regular, common or garden human being making a life for herself just like anyone else. Thank you for saying these things, like 'you will make a unique impact', but they're bullshit.

You use the words until you're ready. What if I don't want one?

Galactic Beavers??

I have not read that, but am in the middle of reading a couple of his non-fiction works - The Demon Haunted World and The Varieties of Scientific Experience.

Maybe I'll put it on my to-read list. Thanks!
Oh heck yeah. I liked it much better than the movie. I tend to suffer through a lot of the sometimes overdone character development, but there are some incredibly cool concepts in the book. Overall a good read.

Nah. I'm too delicate for the task of looking after kids. The crying, the poop, the puke, the never getting enough sleep. I think I'd rather crack my head and die. :D

my ideas are not victorian or prudish, they are responsible and in accordance with the most basic knowledge of natural law.
no they aren't. and yes your views are victorian and prudish. this no sex untill marriage and only for procreation is the hallmark of both.

and this is what happens when the majority of people are faced with demands of being responsible for the consequences of their actions...a temper tantrum.
Good your an annoying little prude. You want to people to conform to your morality and than get whiny when they are angry about it.

thanks for demonstrating my point.

You had a point? I thought you were too busy raving about how were all whores and sluts?

Last edited:
i want everyone to have sex. i think that sex is one of the greatest gifts god gave us, and that the gift deserves reverence.

i am not suggesting that your reason for having sex should be to procreate. i'm suggesting that, DUH, procreation is a natural result of having sex, so instead of trying to deny that or circumvent it, DEAL WITH IT.

and people do WITH ABORTION for when things go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back