Why does the government hide UFO's?

Look with night vision .
I did not mention astro cameras are rather slick way past your decent DSLR and images are taken in blue, red and green and various filters so I suspect these guys may have the best gear available to pick something up...if it is there.

Alex

Look with night vision . apparently they are all around .
With star trails, you wouldn't need to use night vision. Any obstructing objects would occlude a multitude of stars in a pattern that would jump off the screen.

The science of astrophoto analysis is, as Alex hints at, quite sophisticated. The process is often automated, analyzing thousands of photos at a time, and the faintest dots, moving a few pixels, sets off alarms. A whole group of stars disappearing for moments then reappearing, in a compact path, would be a riot of klaxons.

The advantage of this method is that we HAVE a dataset of such pictures going back decades by thousands of observers all over the world. That is far and away better than a few enthusiasts that can afford night vision goggles, going out on a few dozen nights and hoping they see something.

Why have UFOlogists not made the leap into the 21st century of "big data"?

But will you Alex ? let us know of anything of " interest " .
River I may have many things wrong with my character but not fulfilling a promise in not in my bag.
I don't care what they say even if everyone has a UFO report.
That's the benefit of not holding a belief that the world must be this or that.
I ain't selling a book you know ..nothing to lose and all that.

Alex

With star trails, you wouldn't need to use night vision. Any obstructing objects would occlude a multitude of stars in a pattern that would jump off the screen.

The science of astrophoto analysis is, as Alex hints at, quite sophisticated. The process is often automated, analyzing thousands of photos at a time, and the faintest dots, moving a few pixels, sets off alarms. A whole group of stars disappearing for moments then reappearing, in a compact path, would be a riot of klaxons.

The advantage of this method is that we HAVE a dataset of such pictures going back decades by thousands of obsevers all over the world. That is far and away better than a few enthusiasts that can afford night vision goggles, going out on a few dozen nights and hoping they see something.

Why have UFOlogists not made the leap into the 21st century of "big data"?

Always the same " don't need to do this or that " such BS.

Use night time vision .

River I may have many things wrong with my character but not fulfilling a promise in not in my bag.
I don't care what they say even if everyone has a UFO report.
That's the benefit of not holding a belief that the world must be this or that.
I ain't selling a book you know ..nothing to lose and all that.

Alex

What you have to lose Alex , is admittance to being wrong .

Night time vision capability Alex .

What you have to lose Alex , is admittance to being wrong .
I have made the post calling for members to offer any information they have re UFOs.

I have no problem admitting I have been wrong ... I have had more practice than most folk.

You see I really don't care and have nothing to prove only stuff to learn about.

Alex

I have made the post calling for members to offer any information they have re UFOs.

I have no problem admitting I have been wrong ... I have had more practice than most folk.

You see I really don't care and have nothing to prove only stuff to learn about.

Alex

Good

Night vision capability .

One would think these folk interested in UFOs would have by now a world wide grid of cameras set up to take continuous uninterrupted movies.

I mean I have,still half in the box, a four camera security set up with "night vision capability" and it cost a pittance.. I could,just as thousands of others could, set up the four cameras on the roof and record the whole sky.

With the net one could wonder why no one has thought to do this...or have they why would you not do this?

Alex

River find an astronomy forum and check out what they do when they "mod" a digital camera for astronomy.
Then thank me for not saying more.
Alex

Say more Alex , don't patronize me .
Sorry River I don't mean to patronisze you.

Let's leave it this way.

Let the UFO folk get with the " night capability" and capture everything the astro photographers may miss.

I don't know enough about the technology to offer meaningful input I really thought it all worked via various filters in front of the chip.
And you think I am wrong well maybe I am.
I have not personally "modded" a didital camera... But thinking about it I think they take the ir filter out...so that may reverse the effect..I do not know...what do you know?

My night vision cameras are pretty neat I have one only set up so far so I can see the little possum out the back. I leave out a little not of fruit and can see him on my TV... Total darkness so cool..and cost so little really.

Records on a DVD ... Pity I can't get on the roof I could have my own UFO detection program.

Anyways the question as to why astronomers and astro photographers have not seen or photographed any UFOs won't go away.

Oh a lot of guys have cameras running all day and night to record the clouds passing by..you would think they would have a few UFOs captured... Unless they hide in the clouds.

Alex

Last edited:
Back