Why does the government hide UFO's?

That is the way humans are...it is not wrong and without that approach civilization probably would not have happened.

To think the mob does not exist is unrealistic.

How would I be treated at a UFO forum or a religious forum...

Seeking pity is of no use.

Alex

I disagree that humans have to be that way. 25 centuries of philosophy allowed it to thrive without persecution or massacres. But religion was different. People had to enforce their beliefs on others to make them more real. So that meant destroying heretics and blasphemers. I believe mankind can rise above this sectarian intolerance. The scientistic worship of mass opinion notwithstanding..

I don't demand change .

Otherwise ; mindset .
You perhaps focus on only a small section of humanity.
There are many humans and many mindsets.
The problem you run into is you want to change something often all we do is say I don't want that to be here anymore.
Rarely do we have a valid replacement in mind.
Say scientific method, papers etc..sure there are problems but can you come up with something better?

The church ..I don't like it but I am at a loss what I would put in it's place if I had the power to remove it from reality.
Building Utopia seems easy but it is anything but easy.
There are many things that are wrong and could and should be fixed over night before we need worry about mindset.

Cruelty, violence inequity are just a few.
Alex

Xelasnave.1947 said:
That is the way humans are...it is not wrong and without that approach civilization probably would not have happened.

To think the mob does not exist is unrealistic.

How would I be treated at a UFO forum or a religious forum...

Seeking pity is of no use.

Alex

I disagree that humans have to be that way. 25 centuries of philosophy allowed it to thrive without persecution or massacres. But religion was different. People had to enforce their beliefs on others to make them more real. So that meant destroying heretics and blasphemers. I believe mankind can rise above this sectarian intolerance. The scientistic worship of mass opinion notwithstanding..

Agreed

Better put than by me .

You perhaps focus on only a small section of humanity.
There are many humans and many mindsets.
The problem you run into is you want to change something often all we do is say I don't want that to be here anymore.
Rarely do we have a valid replacement in mind.
Say scientific method, papers etc..sure there are problems but can you come up with something better?

The church ..I don't like it but I am at a loss what I would put in it's place if I had the power to remove it from reality.
Building Utopia seems easy but it is anything but easy.
There are many things that are wrong and could and should be fixed over night before we need worry about mindset.

Cruelty, violence inequity are just a few.
Alex

Humanity needs a foundational mindset .

Something better for science is being after the truth not personal gain .

Church is abolished .

No such thing as utopia .

Cruelty , violence and inequity is extinct in my thinking .

I believe mankind can rise above this sectarian intolerance.
I could believe more in the prospect of visiting aliens than I could that mankind can rise above the intolerance.

Apart from the mob you have the leaders of a mob and the leaders will promote intolerance to reinforce their power.

You deal with money and power and those who have it or crave it won't release it in the interest of building Utopia....never.

Look at communism... Great on paper , equality etc...but humans will never let it work cause in each of us is greed driven by a desire to make sure our off spring have ample to send our genes into the future.
Less for me..no way..its all about me and mine.

I do wonder how species in other worlds do things.
But supply and demand plays out everywhere one could think.

Alex

History is not my strong point.
What time period of humans do you refer to.

Was there any time where bad stuff did not happen?

Alex

No there wasn't. From 500 BC, the time of Plato, to present day, there have never been wars between materialists and idealists, rationalists and empiricists, Hegelians and existentialists. It's been pretty calm on the philosophy front. I think that shows something special about humans. We can disagree on the most basic ideas of what reality is and still get along. Throw a God into the mix otoh and watch the heads roll.

Last edited:
. It's been pretty calm on the philosophy front.
Well I have no idea if you are right or wrong but war seems to be the norm and that fact makes me think humans have some sort of a problem.

As to religion I don't like it but without it one wonders if things would only get worse.

I mean many people would commit a crime and I suspect the only thing that may hold them back is fear of judgement day.

Alex

Well I have no idea if you are right or wrong but war seems to be the norm and that fact makes me think humans have some sort of a problem.

As to religion I don't like it but without it one wonders if things would only get worse.

I mean many people would commit a crime and I suspect the only thing that may hold them back is fear of judgement day.

Alex

Humans don't really have a problem . the powers that be do . military complex . we were warned by Eisenhower.

Without religion Humanity would understand its self better .

... curious that these folk spend so much time looking up, many running camera gear set up to do hours of exposure, have not picked up even one craft that you would have us believe are somewhat common place.
I hadn't even thought of that. There should be a statistically significant incidence of UFO sightings amongst the world's millions of amateur stargazers.

And not just because they're staring at the sky. Amateur stagazers are in the habit of setting up their cameras for long exposures - sometimes hours. There should be a statistically significant number of "star trails" photos with clearly artificial, non-human transits. (There are certainly plenty of star trail photos with transits of jet planes and meteors).

im264-320px-Circumpolar_Star_Trails_With_High_Flyer.jpg

scptrail.jpg

I hadn't even thought of that. There should be a statistically significant incidence of UFO sightings amongst the world's millions of amateur stargazers.

And not just because they're staring at the sky. Amateur stagazers are in the habit of setting up their cameras for long exposures - sometimes hours. There should be a statistically significant number of "star trails" photos with clearly artificial, non-human transits. (There are certainly plenty of star trail photos with transits of jet planes and meteors).

im264-320px-Circumpolar_Star_Trails_With_High_Flyer.jpg

scptrail.jpg

There could be amongst the data .

There could be amongst the data .

Indeed. Not just can be, there should be.

In fact, star trail photos would make a good dataset in which to go looking for UFOs.

And add millions of security cameras to the list. They too are indefatigable observers of sky, watching day-in and day-out 24/7/365.

Of course, that door wings both ways. In a dataset of sufficient size and breadth, if such trails are not found, that is evidence that these UFOs are missing from where they (statistically) ought to be.

Amateur stagazers are in the habit of setting up their cameras for long exposures -
I would do wide field exposures usually every night for a week...up from dusk to dawn.. Slept all day photographed all night... Hour long exposures.
Captured two iridium flares on two seperate occasions which it akin to winning the lottery twice...but no UFOs.
Nor has any other astro photographer...super novas yes, a member even discovered a galaxy...but no UFOs.

But this is in the Southern hemisphere .... Maybe we don't get the visitors down here.

Alex

In fact, star trail photos would make a good dataset in which to go looking for UFOs.
If not in the game one can not appreciate how closely we look at photos. If there was (and there never is) a dust spot on a posted astro photo most members would comment and ask about it.

I mean we look at images for the least imperfection.

Hours are spent adjusting images to squeeze out hidden data.

If there was any UFO and it could be only a pixel or two would be noticed
No need to review anything its already been done and is done with every photo posted by a group obsessed with detail and who know each and every object, its place its brightness its colour.

We have super nova hunters who each night photograph the sky then "blink" that image with a pervious image to see if any star has/is increasing in brightness.

I can guarantee the night sky is photographed each night every night both by amateur s and professionals so not capturing a UFO suggests only one conclusion.

And folk insist on looking at the evidence...yes indeed...look at the evidence.

Alex

If not in the game one can not appreciate how closely we look at photos. If there was (and there never is) a dust spot on a posted astro photo most members would comment and ask about it.

I mean we look at images for the least imperfection.

Hours are spent adjusting images to squeeze out hidden data.

If there was any UFO and it could be only a pixel or two would be noticed
No need to review anything its already been done and is done with every photo posted by a group obsessed with detail and who know each and every object, its place its brightness its colour.

We have super nova hunters who each night photograph the sky then "blink" that image with a pervious image to see if any star has/is increasing in brightness.

I can guarantee the night sky is photographed each night every night both by amateur s and professionals so not capturing a UFO suggests only one conclusion.

And folk insist on looking at the evidence...yes indeed...look at the evidence.

Alex

Look with night vision . apparently they are all around .

Funny.

I keep an open mind but that sounds like lies.

I bet you will find an alien before you find an astronomer who has a UFO recorded in his observation journal.

And if he did have something the detail would see it identified.

They are rather good in recording sightings...exact colour, exact brightness, and exact position and exact velocity and of course exact time often to the exact second.

That's the data you need before you go off and declare aliens have arrived.

I will start a thread at my astro forum and let you know if we have anything of interest to report.

Alex

Funny.

I keep an open mind but that sounds like lies.

I bet you will find an alien before you find an astronomer who has a UFO recorded in his observation journal.

And if he did have something the detail would see it identified.

They are rather good in recording sightings...exact colour, exact brightness, and exact position and exact velocity and of course exact time often to the exact second.

That's the data you need before you go off and declare aliens have arrived.

I will start a thread at my astro forum and let you know if we have anything of interest to report.

Alex

But will you Alex ? let us know of anything of " interest " .

But in truth Alex I'm long past your " anything of interest " long past .

ET's have been here for thousands of yrs. but I guess you have to prove it to your selves . fair enough .

Use night time vision .

Back