Why do some people dislike/hate/oppose Christianity.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye
judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it
shall be measured to you again." -Matthew 7:1-2 (KJV)

1 Corinthians 4:5
"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God."

That day is now.

Know ye not that the saints shall judge the earth..? (1 Cor. 6:2)

Last edited:
Originally posted by TheVisitor
Know ye not that the saints shall judge the earth..? (1 Cor. 6:2)
"Jesus said, "You see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but
you do not see the beam that is in your own eye. When you take
the beam out of your own eye, then you will see clearly to take
the speck out of your brother's eye."-The Gospel of Thomas

He did not come as you would have Him - to "paralize" the gosphel by your quoting of certain scriptures to keep anyone from judging... or seeing.

Take all the Word, and all the scriptures.
They are the revelation of Jesus Christ and he is God.
He comes this day as the Judge, and it is the day of His vengence.

Isaiah 61:2 "and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn"; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

And to take vengeance on all those who know not God.
(be carefull to pay attention to "how" He does this) This is now.

2 Thessalonians 1:7
"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. "

Last edited:
Visitor,

In my opinion, everything works both ways. What you say to me
can just as easily be applied to you. Your god is a man - a false
prophet - as far as I am concerned. Again, believe what you will
about what you want but consider this - what if you are wrong?

atheroy, i agree with you about the corruption of youth. Young life or other youth group leaders seem cool and personable, playing on the want for acceptance of tender adolescents. There is another reason for dislike

edgar:

<i>in the bible it doesnt say how long a day was...its open to specualtion</i>

So a day could be a thousand years?

Are we allowed to interpret the rest of the bible this freely, as well?

Are we allowed to interpret the rest of the bible this freely, as well?

if so i think there is no way to ever disprove the bible, because in the eyes of the faithful it will forever be open to figurative change. at some point that has to stop, it's like english class. you get a book someone has wrote and then totally deconstruct it to construe different meanings that weren't possibly there in the writers mind.

I could write three novels expressing my feelings towards christians and religion in general. However those christians will never understand what i'm saying from an open minded point of view and thus i would merely be wasting my time.

Snake.

"We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds; in the name of destiny, and in the name of god."

i used to look at science and "have an open mind" but i changed and in dont. their are some stuff that is authoritve and some not. when it says "thou shalt not kill" that means your not supposed to kill. the things open to specualtion in the bible is the passages with highly symbolical meaning like the book of revelatoin, oracles, etc. btw, when it talks about peoples experiences in the bible it's not supposed to be interpreted. but then again u cud call that my interpretation

Originally posted by edgar
i used to look at science and "have an
open mind" but i changed and in dont.
If you don't mind my asking - why did you
change your mind? Was there a reason?

Some parts authoritative and some not? Some sections to be interpreted and others to be taken literally? Where are the standards of this righteous faith?

Did you give up on science because you viewed it as some sort of belief system? I think that viewing science in relgious terms is a misconception of the foremer's purpose. Did science fail you?

Free Cycle,

No need to be sorry on my account. Maybe you will have
better luck getting an answer out of him than I have
so far. ;)

Back