Why Did God Create Us?

God is love, the whole bible was written pertaining to love. There is a difference between love and charity, and charity and kindness. Love is a spirit, as god is a spirit because they are the same. To say one knows love is to say one knows god, and to comprehend one is to comprehend the other. What you speak of is only a fraction of the true image(yes the image is man) of love. There is a division between the soul and the spirit also. How is it that one can speak of love, when they do not even comprehend themselves? How is it that you argue against a knowledge you don't understand, and defend a principle which do not know. You seek to use the majesty of his creation, to blaspheme the glory of his knowledge. Is it not that light comes forth out of darkness, even as great love from an irreconcilible hate. So also is the world that is to be revealed, forever glorified in good, by the evil of the world from which it came.

Binary,

With who are you talking to?
And charity and kindness are simply aspcets of His Love. Mercy, grace, joy, peace, those are all aspects of His Love, which surpasses all understanding.

Persol,

He is Love. He is all written above. He is kindness, mercy, joy, peace,humility, gentleness, wisdom... all those things are included in one word: Love. Which in greek is Agape. There are other "loves", but those are more human "loves", and those are not perfect. But Love Agape is the perfect Love of God.

'humans cannot possibly understand the motives of God for creating human beings or anything in existence for that matter because humans are lower in nature than God. It would be highly arrogant of humans to think that they can decipher wat God is thinking and trying to do. Just accept it and move on. Accept that God does wat he wants and humans will never know'...

that is the most retarded argument i've ever heard.. and the funny thing is that this is wat most theists have told me... just accept and move on like sheep.. jeezz...

p.s. i've not read the entire thread.. just read the first page.. sorry if someone has already made a similar point...

perhaps our creation was just incidental.....a brief ship smoke on the horizon to quote pink floyd....if you believe in God...be content with the knowledge that our creation....is God's decison and that we'll be the better for it.

to quote St.Augustine...we do not understand God...because it is God we seek to understand.

Binary,TruthSeeker,Persol, Beblina

It seems that you've all missed answering the question for whatever reason. I would really apprecaite your input. I realize that you've been going over the aspects of the bible but none of you (or anybody) answered my post on Adam and Eve (good questions there) or gave your own opinion as to Why God Created Us.

Please try to direct the thread to answer the question.

God created as for several reasons. I would have to say the primary one was for company. Those of us who have been ordained unto eternal life are his brethern, our whole creation is surrounding his marriage to the church. He made man after his own image. It would be difficult to begin to tell you of the depths of the question you ask. If you truly wish to know the answer to the mystery of which you inquire, seek the lord and after you have found, ask it of him. Only then will you be able to truly comprehend.

Quotes:

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Ephesians 5:32
22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

John 17:24
24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:3
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Acts 17:28
28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. 30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Revelations 22:16
16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

The King James Version

Last edited:
Originally posted by TruthSeeker
Mrhero54,

Look at the end of page 2...

Didn't see what you were talking about. Gomer and Snakelord going back and forth and and theroies on the creation of the universe. Again the question is Why, not how or when.

Bianry...if i had the time...

Originally posted by Binary

Quotes:

Ephesians 1:3
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

The King James Version [/B]

This scripture verifies the firm belief i've had since i first heard the notion that the Christian God predestines people to heaven and hell. No matter how you look at it, God knew what kind of people he was creating "before the foundation of the world" so, he knew that (according to most christians) most people would chose not believe and go to hell. The christian god never wanted or intended for everyone to go to heaven, he actually intended for the majority of us to go straight to hell, sliding down a greased pole with gasoline draws.
;)

Mrhero54,

From my post in the second page:

"You kinda missed the point of loving...
Are you a father (or mother)? If you are, before having a kid, didn't you wonder how he/she would be? Didn't you love him/her before she was even born? The same with God. God Loves us since before we even existed. He imagined all of us and Love all of us even before we were born. He is our Father. He wants to Love and to be Loved. He IS Love. This is His nature, His personality.

He created us so that we could BE. He created us in order for us to enjoy life, not to kill each other. That's why He doesn't want us to sin in the first place, because when we sin, we hurt ourselves and/or others, and that makes our lives pretty bad. He has pretty good intentions with us. He want us to live in abundance. He wants us to live eternally. He wants everything that is good and perfect for us because He is our Father. He Love us unconditionally. If we do a mistake, He doesn't condemn us, instead He Loves us and cares about us. He stands His hand and reach towards us and help us back, like a father does with his child when he/she is walking his/her first steps.

God is our Father.

That's why He created us. He does want us to glorify Him, not for His sake, but for our own sake. Because the only way you can glorify Him is by living the Love life, the life of Loving one another. And by living this life, He is able to bless us in every way, because we become a pure vessel of His Spirit, and ultimatly, we become like Him. That's the other reason why He created us and that's also the greatest gift He can ever give to us.

So, God is our Father. He Loves us. Everything He does for us is for our best, even if we think that it is not. If you have any questions about how God act towards us, just remember that He is our Father, and you will probably be able to answer it. "

It really is a shame people still believe in this stuff. It blows my mind. You must hate going outside or watching tv, I mean having your eyes flagrantly debunk everything you believe in every minute of every day must get frustrating over time.

Dr Lou Natic,

Watching TV and going outside by no means diminush my belief. In fact, it strenghens it...:eek:

Mostly I posted the links because they do a better job of explaining than I do. Do you have a response to any of it, Mrhero54?

Your mormon crap is disgusting. If you think there is the slightest validity to the complex line of dogmatic bullshit they make up, I kind of have to doubt how "gifted" you really are. :bugeye:

I simply can't believe anyone in the world buys that kind of garbage. Sorry to pick on the mormons, it's really pretty much any religion that annoys the shit out of me.

TruthSeeker, about page 2...

It was actually on page four and Persol gave a very logical agrument against your reason. The whole loving thing sounds good but you forget the major difference between our parents and god. God knows everything therefore he didn't have a need to fufill, he didn't need/want to create people to love. Also, whenever you say God loves us and so forth, I can't help but to think of the billions of people (most of the world right?) that would be in hell for simple sins like not believing in Christ or denying his existence.

Gifted, about the mormons....

When i was a christian i use to wonder how Catholics and Mormons had such huge followings despite some serious bible contradictions. I believed they were more like a cult and people fell into their "sect of real believers" trap (we are the only ones who know what God really wants, so that's why people treat us the way they do). But after reading some of your stuff, i feel (ironically enough) that the Mormons paint a more realistic picture of God and give better explainations then most mainstream Bible thumping churches. The Mormons seem to value reason more than scripture which is a good start for anyone seeking God. Don't let any Christians try to convert you back to "mainstream" christianity, you guys seem closer to the truth in my opinion.

WesMorris

I completely understand your anti-religion feelings but why are you so hostile towards ANY notion of God?

I completely understand your anti-religion feelings but why are you so hostile towards ANY notion of God?
It is a good question. The faith required to believe in god is frowned upon by most atheists.

OUt of time, more later.

Re: WesMorris

Originally posted by Mrhero54

*rant on*

Mostly because if you're going to be self-righteous you should be able to back it up. The best a religious argument can do to "back it up" is to say "you can't prove me wrong". That is the weakest shit I've ever heard. You can't prove most things wrong, prove it RIGHT and then you can be self-righteous because you'll be right. I just scratched my ass (I really didn't). Prove me wrong.

WEAK ASS BULLSHIT. So that's part of it. Another part is when the self righteous jackasses get sanctimonious and start quoting fucking scripture as if I should care... as if it has any bearing on anything. That's like me pulling out all of David Koresh's cult's documents or the fucking hari krishna's flyers and telling you that this holy shit is more correct than your holy shit. It has only the validity given to it by the idiot's who read it and spout it back at me as if I were supposed to be impressed that they can read a story and then say (I'm embellishing obviously) "oh, that MUST have been real... it's so plausible". Plausible maybe to your inability to detect manipulation and lack of sensory input whereby you can smell the bullshit from a mile away.

Anyone who offers you easy answers (and I'm sure that I'll catch hell for this but I give a damn) like "god did it" or "a dead guy isn't really dead and oh by the way he's god and he forgives your sins even though he's dead" or "oh, well god told him to do it and so he wrote it down and now can't you see it's holy?" is a fucking charlitan who wants into your wallet, heart and mind. Maybe he's the controller who's really after your cash... maybe he's the sheep who is so fucking gullable as to not only give up his cash/resources/life or whatever to whichever bullshit religious theory he thinks seems more plausible but he'll even help the controller spread his controlling message. IMO, this type if thinking is a disease for the emotionally needy. Where there is someone who is emotinoally needy, there will be a predator ready to ensure that their need is satisfied... at the expense of their mind. It's like a fucking mental crack dealer. As the religious member, you're a mental crackwhore.

Man I'm pissy about that shit.

Pardon. I don't really dislike the peoples you know... it's their beliefs regarding the issues at hand that annoy me to no end, or rather.. their insistence that their beliefs are more than just a theory.. to the point that they'd live their lives by some book that they think is relavent.. and then tell ME that it's relevent, fully expecting that I should be okay with that... argh. WEAK. Oh, and I do get a kick out of trying to shock people into thinking for themselve. It never works but yet I feel obliged to do it. I'm kind of a sick bitch too.. but I can admit it. :)

*rant off (for now :) )*

Shit now that I've ranted I'm not sure I really adressed your question directly.. but that's what I was trying to communicate in the first place.

Back