Why Are Atheists Treated Worse Than Other Unbelievers?

The religiously deluded always think atheists arguments are dumb. Theists can't fathom a world without their delusions.

Yes, we know, the religiously deluded.

hey Q, could you say the word "deluded" again?

i was talking about reading those things, not writing them.

Reading which parts? The edited remains of what the council decided later generations should read?

who gives a shit? what matters is what is accomplished through it.

Is it the inspired word of God, or not. If the content is not important, then any work that inspires people to accomplish good things is just as worthy and correct, and my few books on Zen will achieve the same results, and I don't need God.

you can't put mind out there? theoretically...think about it. if man could thwart god, he wouldn't be much of a god now would he? come on...

I don't believe in God, therefore considering such a position, without you fully explaining all the attributes of God is rather pointless.

Reading which parts? The edited remains of what the council decided later generations should read?

read whatever the hell you want. you were the one proposing that i should have to read all of the parts that were edited out. the point is that god can use all sorts of things as spiritual learning tools, including those things which have been edited. it's apparent to me, that what is available to us is useful only if the holy spirit is using it as a tool to teach you. think about god-like qualities for a moment. omnipotence and omniscience. you really think a bit of editing is going to make a difference?

I don't need God.

just wanted to reiterate that in quotes.

I don't believe in God, therefore considering such a position, without you fully explaining all the attributes of God is rather pointless.

ok, don't consider it theoretically...this is you being obstinant and close-minded by the way.

read whatever the hell you want. you were the one proposing that i should have to read all of the parts that were edited out. the point is that god can use all sorts of things as spiritual learning tools, including those things which have been edited. it's apparent to me, that what is available to us is useful only if the holy spirit is using it as a tool to teach you. think about god-like qualities for a moment. omnipotence and omniscience. you really think a bit of editing is going to make a difference?

Editing, yes, after all, it was the council of Nicaea that decided a lot of stuff, like, whether to propagate the notion that Jesus was the literal son of God or not. MEN made that decision. Not the 'Holy Spirit'. The 'Holy Spirit' is a work of fiction decided upon by MEN. you have read.

ok, don't consider it theoretically...this is you being obstinant and close-minded by the way.

No, it's theists not providing a logical and consistent description of their God. I cannot entertain the concept I have been described thus far. If you think you can make a rational case, and list non-contradictory attributes, go for it.

Editing, yes, after all, it was the council of Nicaea that decided a lot of stuff, like, whether to propagate the notion that Jesus was the literal son of God or not. MEN made that decision. Not the 'Holy Spirit'. The 'Holy Spirit' is a work of fiction decided upon by MEN. you have read.

i have experienced the holy spirit.

No, it's theists not providing a logical and consistent description of their God. I cannot entertain the concept I have been described thus far. If you think you can make a rational case, and list non-contradictory attributes, go for it.

given, what is a consistent and logical description of god, being omnipotent and omniscient, you can certainly see how the wills of men and the actions of men would not thwart him. right? :bugeye:

In that they don't believe he said that or they choose not to follow it?

In that they certainly understand what it means to choose between your parents and the truth.

who are you kidding? You make your arguments personal. :bugeye:

No, I don't.

hmmm, let's ask Sam and Lori, shall we. LOL

No he doesn't. Whatever else you can accuse (Q) of, he keeps himself distant on sciforums. He's an equal opportunity asshole. :D

Christianity, Judaism and Islam are very similar . They are the mediterranean folklore . They all represent a barrage of contradictions and laughable aspects . Buddhism, Hinduism and some others are based on some thoughts brought by observing nature around them . Now with pantheism we are looking at mixing all mud and hoping it will stick one day .Lool .

Stranger in his post #1, asked;

Why do some theists hate atheists so much more than they hate theists of conflicting religions???

In more than a dozen years of encounters in various discussion groups with theists, I've confirmed a few points on this question.

[a] Theists live in mortal fear of cancellation of their ticket on the Glory Train. This fear enables them to overlook the abuse of their children by priests and the conspiracy of cover-up by the bishops and cardinals. That fear also enables them to despise atheists with grotesque enthusiasm.

In a perverse way they envy the atheist's intellectual freedom and thus they despise him/her for having more fun and meaning in this life than they, the theists, do. They must wait for the next one at their god's convenience.

[c] All holy books call upon the faithful to eradicate the unbeliever by the most painful method they can devise. Civilised communities restrict this imperative in several ways, thus attracting the fury of the faithful. The faithful view this as an unconscionable intrusion into their right to religious freedom.

That should be enough to begin with.

OriginalBiggles, Prime

There's a lot of sense here. I remember as a Christian that I felt kinda like what OB is saying.

However, I don't think it is hate that theists have against atheists. It's really frustration. More of a sick feeling when I was around atheists. It's a stereotype that atheists are close minded. And now I feel that way about both theists and atheists. But, I definitely have lost a lot of frustration. I've got a little more tolerance to both sides unless either side strays away from the facts.

Back