Why are atheists so pissy?

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. The Trinity.

-Can you explain what this means ? I havent ever been able to understand this concept properly although I have been taught Christianity 9 years in school ?

"They" aren't capable of sending you to hell.

-Well, if I werent ever heard about your religion and therefore couldnt not been able to accept Jesus as my saviour and God, will I go to heaven or hell ?Or something else happens to me, what ?

-Can you explain what this means ? I havent ever been able to understand this concept properly although I have been teach Christianity 9 years ?-Well, if I werent ever heard about your religion and therefore couldnt not been able to accept Jesus as my saviour and God, will I go to heaven or hell ?
Or something else happens to me, what ?

I'll reply in PM. Everytime I say anything about Jesus Christ/God, I get warned/threatened. :rolleyes:

No. I'm just not giving in to people who are trying to get me banned. They know the game. They know I can't say anything about God or Jesus without getting threatened/warned. :mad:

:frust:

But.. you have been talking about God and Jesus this entire thread.. :shrug:

I'm atheist and I am always happy. I am aaaaaaalllllllllliiiiiiiiiiivvvveeeeee!!!!!!!! You only live life once, so enjoy it!

No. I'm just not giving in to people who are trying to get me banned. They know the game. They know I can't say anything about God or Jesus without getting threatened/warned. :mad:

:frust:

We'll make sure that doesn't happen, it shouldn't!! Besides, you've talked about god this whole thread. *also mentioning* :(

So you guys are getting angry with Sandy because all she talks about is God. No big deal, most people have something that their life revolves around. Lets not mock people for who or what they love.

Why?:

Talk about facists. Atheists want everyone to believe the same hopeless spell they have fallen under.

For atheists, religion is the spell.

Are you saying you don't want everyone to believe what you believe regarding God?

I agree. It's jealousy. Christians are happier and atheists want everyone to be down in the mud with them.

I think you're half right. From memory, studies indicate that the religious do tend to be a little happier on average. That may be because religion is a comforting cocoon which serves as a shield against an uncaring universe. Or, it could be because religion is inherently a social thing, and being close to other people is important.

As to atheists wanting to drag other people down, that's just nonsense.

An atheist can't save you.

Save you from what? Sin?

sandy:

They DESPISE anyone's happiness--especially if it's rooted in God, as foolish. :rolleyes:

Why would any sane person despise another person's happiness? What nonsense. Or perhaps you think atheists are jealous of you?

Christians are happier than atheists. You can see it in their eyes.

That glassy, spaced-out, brainwashed look. Yes, I know it well. :)

madanthonywayne:

The point is that atheists don't seem content in their own disbelief. Why so many lawsuits from atheists over nativity scenes or whatever? If God is just another fictional character, why complain about it? Do you complain about statues of Ronald McDonald or Mickey Mouse? Do you file lawsuits if someone discuses Spongebob Squarepants at school?

Why does someone else's belief in God offend you so much? In God we Trust is on our currency. So what. If you are a nonbeliever, it's just a meaningless phrase. So what. No one is coming to your house and forcing you to go to church, stop trying to impose your minority viewpoint on the rest of society.

Lawsuits over nativity scenes and so on are probably going too far. But, on the other hand, fundamentalist Christians in the US are fighting to overturn the country's secular Constitution. Ideally, they would like to reform the country as a Christian theocracy, replacing secular law with their version of biblical law. What would result if they achieved their aims would be a state similar to Afganistan under the Taliban, only a Christian one rather than a Muslim one. Be very afraid.

Hopefully, this may help you to understand why some atheists (and not only atheists, I might point out) get a little upset when Christians insist on posting the Ten Commandments in court rooms.

John99:

How can having no beliefs be an awakening. It is a theory but how is this enlightenment? Supported by the fact that Atheism is unproven and unprovable, possibly never will be known to mortals.

Theism is equally unprovable. How can a religious "awakening" based on an illusion be enlightenment?

Orleander:

I see atheists on this forum who are arrogant and think all believers are idiots.

Perhaps you can explain why there is a direct correlation between educational level and the tendency to be atheist.

They laugh at them and call them names. They can't leave it alone. They even start threads to 'debunk' the Bible.

And in turn the Christians preach the bible. Don't pretend that one side is worse than the other.

I see a lot of atheists start crap just so they can prove how smart they are and how dumb others are. Its arrogant.
THEY are as bad as believers.

Who started this thread? An atheist or a believer?

...And in turn the Christians preach the bible. Don't pretend that one side is worse than the other....Who started this thread? An atheist or a believer?

Atheists shouldn't preach! Christians are the way they are. Its the nature of the beast. I like to think that atheists, as educated people, wouldn't lower themselves to the level of petty bickering and trying to 'educate' the masses. Christians are belivers, athiests are knowers. Isn't knowing you're right enough?

And who cares who started this thread? :shrug:

Back