What makes a man a man?

ASGUARD
You accuse me wrongly sir. The love of my life still stirs my heart and loins. I remember the honeymoon period, I hope you enjoy every minute of it and take us all with a pinch of sugar

So long snookums:D

"What makes a man a man?"

Are you kidding bbcboy?

I thought you already knew that... :D:D

Btw... come with the sexiest girls to my party... ;)

Love,
Nelson

TS

So many question marks. I meant tell me what you think are the prime constituents of manhood :D

Both, either- whatever.
See if I prompt too much then it wont be a 'true' answer.

Come on now, I know you have brains down to your armpits you know how to interpret a simple question. :rolleyes: No agenda, just interest. Play on

bbcboy

don't you know that its the simplest questions that are the hardest to anwser.

What is 1+1 and more importantly WHY?

(that came from Belgarth the socecer from David Eddings)

posted by Asguard
don't you know that its the simplest questions that are the hardest to anwser.

If we didn't challenge each other here. why bother coming:D

I'll try to think of something difficult soon, but it's very hard:rolleyes:

T.S.
A somewhat confusing reply considering your eloquence elsewhere. Would a check list help?:D

What makes a man a man.

I think that's a very individual question.

To me it's a strive just for things I believe are good qualities.

I want to be in good physical condition because it means I can perform my best in hockey. I did Kung-Fu because it taught me how to protect myself and others around me in the odd chance that it was necessary. I play guitar because I believe music is a necessity in life (out of curiosity, can anyone name me a civilization that didn't use music?), oh, and it's damn fun. I play hockey because it's a chance to test my skills and, well, hit people :D !!

I have a good attitude towards things and generally don't go the whole macho route. After all, that act is usually an act!

If course, like any man, I have my slip ups!

Example. Lindsay, who is catholic (this obviously doesnt matter, but she'd never been to a sader because of that!) was at my family's sader last week. Now, we're not exactly religious so it's nothing serious. But anyway we get to the horseradish part and my mom, who LOVESSSSSSSSS hot foods asks me if I want some. Of course I say yes because I to enjoy spicy foods, while Lindsay is frightfully afraid of them. My mom, being the joker that she is, decides to put half a fricken bottle on my thing; you know, to embarass me. Now, as I want to appear as a man to lindsay, I dont hesitate to eat this HUGE clump of horseradish. Of course, I eventually end up feeling like I'm caughing up my stomach and I feel like an idiot.

She seemed to think it was cute, but I felt pretty stupid!

There is no "strong" man that is not allowed to cry. That's stupid. That's a sick idea our society put in men's head. Everyone cries, everyone has feelings. We are not men and women, we are humans...

Love,
Nelson

You jump too quickly to the assumption that everyone needs to cry. Quite simply, some of us let emotions get to us easier than others do.

The last time I cried out of emotion..... Hmmmm, trying to remember. I honestly don't remember.

I know I have at one point. I just don't remember when!

And it's not like every time something emotional happens to me I hold back my tears, I just don't get the urge to cry. Remember Seinfeld; what is this salty discharge, am I crying??? I just don't get the feeling to cry from emotions. When something sad or bad happens the first thing I hear in my head is; 'it's okay, remember, time goes on. And no matter what you do, it won't change what happened. You can't alter the past.' And the logical side of me takes over.

See. Good things happening, I let the emotional side be in control. Bad things, logical. That means I experience great highs but not as low lows!

By the way, we are men and women, face it. Men and women are different. We are different chemically and otherwise. That's a fact. Deal with it.

Tyler,

We are still the same species... :D:D:D

Ok...

But it's ok to cry, if you feel so.
That's nothing worse for health then hold your feelings...

Well... besides lawyers and polititians... :D:D:D:D

Love,
Nelson

Does not a male lion differ from a female?

Does not a male bird differ from a female?

So why would it be any different in humans?

I hate these political correctness idiots who think that men and women are exactly a like. Personally, I think that would make the planet quite boring if men and women were alike.

Let's put it this way.

It use to be that it was NOT okay to cry (for a man).

Then we decided that was not a good attitude so said, it's okay for men to cry.

Now people are saying it's NOT okay for a man to not cry.

I hate political correctness. This whole idea is an attempt to create freedom by erassing freedom. Dumb idea from the start.

My last thing on my list of things I hate is about 'politicians'. One of the very common speeches done in my school this year was 'Honest Politicians; A Vanishing Breed?'

The stupid, stupid, stupid, ignorant, uneducated people in my school who have never read a word of politics or philosophy in their lives think they're brilliant just because they say the word 'politics' in their speech. The morons all talked about Clinton and such that by the end of the third speech I turned around and loudly enough said; "Hey all you guys about the honest politicians being a vanishing breed thing; when the hell were there honest politicians? If you look back to Rome or Greece or Egypt or ANY political period, there was ALWAYS crooked politicians. So where do you get off saying they're a vanishing breed?"

They kind of looked around shocked by this apparently new revelation that crooked politicians aren't a recent addition to the world. My teacher (who loves me. He's an old hippy from the sixties and loves political stuff. So these speeches and the one or two other attempts at politics made him annoyed) just laughed!

Tyler,

Then we decided that was not a good attitude so said, it's okay for men to cry.

That's was my message, not...

Now people are saying it's NOT okay for a man to not cry.

...that one...

I made it clear that it has to be natural...

I still don't understand why you twist my ideas...

Love,
Nelson

BOYS!!

I'm in tears here. calm yourselves or I'll just have to conclude that macho arguements about politics is the new male thing.

T.S.
I think Tyler is saying it's ok to cry too, just not always necessary am I right?

I personally think a good ol' whinge is a pure and purging thing male or female.

Oh, and we are the same species capable of many if not all of the same tasks. However there are undeniable distinctions between the sexes. It's true T.S. If you think not, just try to breast feed:D

Love in a butch manly way Bbc

bbcboy,

I think Tyler is saying it's ok to cry too, just not always necessary am I right?

I know.... that's what I'm saying...

Oh, and we are the same species capable of many if not all of the same tasks. However there are undeniable distinctions between the sexes. It's true T.S. If you think not, just try to breast feed

I would Love to be a baby again... :D:D
Well... I can always pretend to be a baby...
:D:D:D:D:D

... Just kidding... ;)

:bugeye: :cool:

Love,
Nelson

Back