What am I?

We need the book to guard us from deception. Otherwise any old crack pot will make up a doctrine based on their own vain thoughts. God has provided us with a template to measure any message about God we receive from another. So yes it is Gods will that we have this book as a form of Belief Armour to teach and to guard us from deception.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

you rely on worldly things to teach you of spirit.
if spirit teaches of spirit you will know it as the truth.

First of all, Deuteronomy 13:6-10 is of the old testament. That to me is for Jews. We have grown past that. Just as an infant has grown past getting spats on the hand for trying to climb on dressers or touching something that can hurt him. That was for mankind in his moral infancy. We no longer need those rules. And once man morally evolved, Jesus came to teach us forgiveness as an older child would morally and physically grow to learn forgiveness of others and that he can be forgiven himself if done something wrong. And then Muhammed came to teach the world a 3rd time as mankind has grown and talk of more details as we morally evolve. To speak of Deuteronomy and it's seeming wrongs at the time is to blame a Muslim for what the Christian bible says. At different times, different punishments may seem wrong, but may fit in that time and phase. We are all individuals of different intellect, understanding, and experiences and one punishment may be wrong for one and one may be right for another. There is no one way in a world of many individuals. And soon a man will come to teach us of the new word, a new set of rules to abide as man has grown morally and intellectually and faced with new situations in these modern times. He will know the truth and it will be blasted in the face of many. And those who thirst for knowledge will recieve it at their own risk. Man has reached his adulthood now and with the often cold, hard truths of adulthood which can bring death, so will this man's words. He will come as a thief in the night.

Adstar said:
A side issue first: I do not agree with the NIV bible, that it is a good bible. I see it as a false bible. But putting that aside for now i will go on.

In the OT times God decided to use His people to carry out justice upon those who transgressed His will. You are very very wrong in claiming that the Ten Commandments say thou shalt not kill. No it says thou shalt not Murder

God did not call upon these people to commit a sin as you so wrongly call it. God called upon these people to carry out a death penalty upon those who where rebelling against and seeking to undermine the faith of others In His will.

So the allegation you are levelling against God is false.

You quote OT bible verses and seem to think there is some kind of inconsistency with the OT and the NT? You should read the Book of Revelation in the end of the NT, God is not finished with carrying out the death penalty upon those who seek to rebel against His will and seek to undermine the faith of His people. The day of the return of Jesus will be a bloody affair indeed. He will carry out the death penalty upon millions, as it says in those days the living will envy the dead because His wrath will be so bad.

When you told the story of your Dads healing by the power of God i was amazed that you attacked the Word of God seeking to call God a murderer.

But you have taught me a true lesson that the bible is true. That even if people are shown a miracle they will still not believe in the Word of God but will rebel against His will. Truly you are a prime example of someone who has seen the power of God first hand but have turned around and spat in the face of the living God of Abraham.

Is the New American Standard Bible all right then? I will try to use that one if you like it better.

I have not "spat" in anyone's face! I am simply doing what the Bible tells me to do. I am seeking and testing to see if these things are true. I am clinging to that which is good and forsaking that which is evil. If you want chapter and verse I will gladly provide that to you.

I was actually thinking about the time that God tested Abraham’s faith by requiring him to kill, sacrifice, murder, whatever you wish to call it, his innocent son Isaac (Genesis 22). Now fortunately, as we all know, God did stop Abraham from actually going through with it. That’s great! But the truth is also that this test of faith was over Abraham’s willingness to murder his own innocent son in cold blood. Human sacrifice, which is also clearly murder, is a sin. So God, apparently, asked Abraham to sin in order to prove that he was righteous.

Hundreds of times, over and over again, the people of Israel in the Old Testament are repeatedly taught REVENGE instead of forgiveness. Below is yet another encouragement and instruction that is void of the mercy and forgiveness of God. I wish it was not so!!! I sincerely wish this verse and many others like it did not exist. But my wishing will not make them go away.

Psalm 137:8-9 (NASB)
8 O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one,
How blessed will be the one who repays you
With the recompense with which you have repaid us.
9 How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones
Against the rock.

Let’s see now, I have to do what? Oh yeah, dash, probably the heads, of my enemy’s “innocent” children against a rock and then I will be really blessed. Now, wouldn’t that be a great little verse to put up on my refrigerator at home to instill good morals and a heart of forgiveness in my own children?

Out of Time for Now! Take Care!

Adstar said:
We need the book to guard us from deception. Otherwise any old crack pot will make up a doctrine based on their own vain thoughts. God has provided us with a template to measure any message about God we receive from another. So yes it is Gods will that we have this book as a form of Belief Armour to teach and to guard us from deception.

M*W: You have been deceived by the book you trust. It's not the word of god, because there is no god. It's the work of men's vain thoughts, just as you fear.

SetiAlpha6 said:
I
I was actually thinking about the time that God tested Abraham’s faith by requiring him to kill, sacrifice, murder, whatever you wish to call it, his innocent son Isaac (Genesis 22). Now fortunately, as we all know, God did stop Abraham from actually going through with it. That’s great! But the truth is also that this test of faith was over Abraham’s willingness to murder his own innocent son in cold blood. Human sacrifice, which is also clearly murder, is a sin. So God, apparently, asked Abraham to sin in order to prove that he was righteous.

I find it hilarious every time I hear that story, that a god would ask such a thing sincerely and deliberatly, such so that the ignorant recipient of this horrific request not only had it in his mind to kill his own son, but accepted the loss of his son for no reason whatsoever.

How could Abraham, after finding out the request was merely a test of faith, not spit venom at such a cruel and malicious god?

Are you to say you wouldn't consider someone completely insane who would demand you kill your own son as a test of faith?

I sincerely wish this verse and many others like it did not exist. But my wishing will not make them go away.

Let’s see now, I have to do what? Oh yeah, dash, probably the heads, of my enemy’s “innocent” children against a rock and then I will be really blessed. Now, wouldn’t that be a great little verse to put up on my refrigerator at home to instill good morals and a heart of forgiveness in my own children?

So, what is the difference between the story of Abraham and that verse?

God has guarded His word throughout the ages because its not just a book.
The word in the bible is God, so its no more capable of being lost or destroyed than God is Himself.
There is no need of any other book or God yet to come.

Paul said, "If an angel from heaven would come preach any other thing to you, let him be unto you accursed."
The visitation of Angels, did Paul preach that? Sure he did.
He said he had an Angel inspired him.
"The Angel of God Whose servant I am stood by me last night," saying, "fear not, Paul." Is that right? Certainly.

It is far to late for someone to come and say the bible isn't inspired.
You see its been proven true not just as a book of history, but its promises have been fulfilled today.
The son of man, Jesus Christ has been shown alive today revealed from heaven with His holy angels.
Just as promised.
You say; God and angels today have been revealed right here?
You bet.
Not only is it the word of God, but as any man is only as good as his word....
The bible is God.

Last edited:
ellion said:
haha, how come god does not protect you?

He does protect me :) By giving me understanding of His Word. through the Holy Spirit that guides me. No need to laugh. If you truly thought that i was deceived and you had any love for me the last thing you would do is laugh at me ellion.

SetiAlpha6 said:
Is the New American Standard Bible all right then? I will try to use that one if you like it better.

I use the New King James Bible. You can access it for free on the internet via this site.

NKJV and others

I have not "spat" in anyone's face! I am simply doing what the Bible tells me to do. I am seeking and testing to see if these things are true. I am clinging to that which is good and forsaking that which is evil. If you want chapter and verse I will gladly provide that to you.

These things are true alright. The thing you are doing is not seeking if these things are true or otherwise you are declaring them false because you disagree with them.

God knew what He was doing. He was making Abrahams trust in God stronger by taking Him to the extremes of his trust. Just as He took him to an extreme when He told Him that His Old wife was going to have a Son. All things work for those who love the lord all these "tests" where not really tests they where exercises in strngthening faith. You can be sure that at every incident Abraham has his doubts and fears but in the end He Trusted God and it was acounted for His as rightiousness: As Paul says:

Romans 4
9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.

Hundreds of times, over and over again, the people of Israel in the Old Testament are repeatedly taught REVENGE instead of forgiveness. Below is yet another encouragement and instruction that is void of the mercy and forgiveness of God. I wish it was not so!!! I sincerely wish this verse and many others like it did not exist. But my wishing will not make them go away.

They where taught Justice and they where used by God on ocasion to carry out His revenge. God is not bound by the Laws he gives us to follow. He gives us instructions because we are humans we need laws and guidance because we are not God. But God can do as He wills when ever He wills because He is perfect. He can end ones life and destroy with wrath as He deems fit.

Psalm 137:8-9 (NASB)
8 O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one,
How blessed will be the one who repays you
With the recompense with which you have repaid us.
9 How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones
Against the rock.

Psalm 137: (NKJV)
8 O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed,
Happy the one who repays you as you have served us!
9 Happy the one who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock!

It does not say that we (Christians) will be dashing little ones heads against rocks. We follow the teachings of Jesus. We are ambassadors of God, not warriors of God. We are hear giving the message of His forgiveness to whom so ever will hear and accept it. This scripture is Prophecy it links in with the book of Revelation, read the following:

Revelation 17
3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. 5 And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

Now Babylon and her Daughters will be destroyed, Not by Christians but by the Beast the forces of the Anti-Christ read on:

Revelation 17
12 “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast. 13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”
15 Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues. 16 And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

So the forces of satan will be happy when they dash the little ones of the harlot of Babylon on the rocks. The beast will attack both those of the true faith of The God of Abraham and those of the false Religions of Abraham.

adstar said:
If you truly thought that i was deceived and you had any love for me the last thing you would do is laugh at me ellion.
children make me laugh, heartily, i love them more than anything.

i really do find it funny when you say that you need a book to protect you from other doctrines. it seems that you see god is limited to this book, his only way of communicating is through this book. so, is it then, he is not in your heart and soul?

if this is how you see things then perhaps you do need a book to teach you of god, forgive me if i cause you offense.

I find it amusing how whenever somthing great happens that no one can understand its a miracle. With the amount of events taking place each day there are bound for some odd things that take place that are very unexpected. What you do not understand is not neccesarily a mircle. I must say although I am very happy to hear your father's back got better. Keep this in mind, these disscussion are for you to understand events in your life, not for him to understand them. If he is happy with his faith there is no need question it for him unless he pushes it in others. I mention this because in one of your older messages you mentioned something to the effect of how would I tell him its not a result of God's hand.

ellion said:
children make me laugh, heartily, i love them more than anything.

i really do find it funny when you say that you need a book to protect you from other doctrines. it seems that you see god is limited to this book, his only way of communicating is through this book. so, is it then, he is not in your heart and soul?

if this is how you see things then perhaps you do need a book to teach you of god, forgive me if i cause you offense.

Yes you did cause offence and Yes i do forgive you. But be assured God knows every thought you have irrespective of what you may right down.

Adstar, i forgive you.

May peace be upon you.

May you wonder the heavens with ample bossomed angels.

Adstar said:
I use the New King James Bible. You can access it for free on the internet via this site.

Thanks for the link.

The New King James Bible will be fine. Looks like they finally removed all of those really embarrassing unicorns that were in the Original King James Bible. Wink! Wink! ;)

Numbers 23:22 (KJV)
God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.
Numbers 23:21-23 (KJV)
God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.
Numbers 24:7-9 (KJV)
His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.
Deuteronomy 33:16-18 (KJV)
Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
Job 39:8-10
Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
Job 39:9-11 (KJV)
Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
Psalm 22:20-22 (KJV)
He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
Psalm 29:5-7 (KJV)
But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Psalm 92:9-11 (KJV)
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
Isaiah 34:7 (KJV)
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Thank You for your response. I will have to take a moment to consider what you are saying.

Adstar said:
Yes you did cause offence and Yes i do forgive you. But be assured God knows every thought you have irrespective of what you may right down.
that is why i know no book is needed.

john smith said:
Adstar, i forgive you.

May peace be upon you.

May you wonder the heavens with ample bossomed angels.

Peace is upon me :)

And don't Get The Christian eternity mixed up with the islamic lie. Eternity will not be a degenerate sex orgy with hundreds of virgins and pretty little boys. We will be as children, we will not have wives or husbands.

Last edited:
SetiAlpha, have you considered Islam?

We believe in a one and only God who we call Allah swt.

We believe He is beyond perfection and absolute in might and greater than all existence.

If you have any questions of Islam, please ask.

Peace.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (NKJV)
6 “If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Adstar, if you lived during the Old Testament and you had a son, and if he did what was described above, would you kill him without mercy? Yes or No?

Back