US soldier kills puppy, the whole world gets upset

the dog looked dead to me. I mean, before he threw it. Even as its flying through the sir there aren't any legs splaying out, it stayed the same, as if in rigor.
Yeah, I know there are puppy noises, but someone off camera could have been doing it.

the dog looked dead to me. I mean, before he threw it. Even as its flying through the sir there aren't any legs splaying out, it stayed the same, as if in rigor.
Yeah, I know there are puppy noises, but someone off camera could have been doing it.

Shit, Orle! Now I have to watch again!:bugeye:

Alive? yes. Well? who the hell knows?
I doubt they have great vet care in the middle of a desert.

I'm not defending this turd. He could've easily just shot the dog, yet those bullets are in short supply.
In fact, I can see a situation were the dog is following the troops and won't go away. Orders are "get rid of it, but don't waste any bullets."

Again, I'm just making the point that this thread was designed to make. There are worse things in war than a dead dog.

That said, it pisses me off a little,too. But I can't pretend I know what war is like.

It doesn't make you kill puppies and laugh about it.

:bugeye: It was definitely alive. Thats how puppy's look when they are held that way. Ever see a mother dog carrying a pup around ?
When he throws the dog you can clearly see it's not in rigor.

I respect that, but this is far worse.

Firstly, the dog was alive and well before they threw it down the cliff. You could hear it's terrified yelps in it's final moments.
The frogs are killed more 'humanely' and are dead before they are cut up. Or they are at least unconscious..

Secondly, you don't (and obviously won't) have to like cutting up dead or unconscious frogs in science class.
These assholes were having a ball killing that puppy :mad:

And lastly, even if not completely necessary the frogs are cut up for a purpose; to learn something from it. I am not defending the practice but at least the motives are somewhat noble.
Not so with killing that dog.

I view the killing of that puppy as a gross disrespect for life in general. People like that should not be allowed to live.

I am not totally against it but i am fairly certain that the number of human diseases that requires animal testing for cures is relatively small.

yes, I've seen how pups and kittens go when held by their mom. I'm just saying, its not clear enough for me. It could have been a live pup, but it looked dead to me.

With all the internet hoax films/pictures, I'm not inclined to swallow this hook, line, sinker. His hand even goes out of the camera's range. Long enough to grab something else and fling it?

It doesn't make you kill puppies and laugh about it.

look, a volunteer army draws a few types of people, some of which don't mind killing humans, let alone dogs.That aside, these guys see dead,mutilated human bodies in the streets, and you're claiming that you know what that does to every person's mind?

look, a volunteer army draws a few types of people, some of which don't mind killing humans, let alone dogs.That aside, these guys see dead,mutilated human bodies in the streets, and you're claiming that you know what that does to every person's mind?

The puppy is not the enemy right ? If they can't make that distinction they are not fit for battle..

what if a dog follows a person around. Couldn't they give away that person's position to the enemy? Would it be ok to kill it then? Or do they need to take the time/energy to quit what they are doing and relocate the dog?

With all the internet hoax films/pictures, I'm not inclined to swallow this hook, line, sinker. His hand even goes out of the camera's range. Long enough to grab something else and fling it?

Conspiracies everywhere..

what if a dog follows a person around. Couldn't they give away that person's position to the enemy? Would it be ok to kill it then? Or do they need to take the time/energy to quit what they are doing and relocate the dog?

What if an innocent kid is following them around, should they kill the kid ? I guess your answer is 'yes'..

The puppy is not the enemy right ? If they can't make that distinction they are not fit for battle..

and personally, I don't think you can make the distinction between animals and people.

If it was a live puppy he threw he needs to be dishonorably discharged. But is what he did a crime in Iraq? How big of a crime is it here in the US? A misdemeanor where he has to pay a fine?

Enmos, you're the sites most vocal animal lover/human hater. Would you still be arguing if it were a human being.

and personally, I don't think you can make the distinction between animals and people.

If it was a live puppy he threw he needs to be dishonorably discharged. But is what he did a crime in Iraq? How big of a crime is it here in the US? A misdemeanor where he has to pay a fine?

Is that your argument ? That there's a low punishment on murdering animals for the fun of it ?
I weep for humanity..

Back