UFO News

I would be interested to see them, really. I love that stuff. (as if you couldn't tell)

Here's one;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...tified+flying+geese&ei=j8x0SIbFMZXiiQLrvNCZCw

I live near an airport, all I did was zoom on a plane, (you can see one in focus at the start, and I zoom on another) and the camera cannot keep up the focus through the zoom, so it being a bright day, the plane turned into a bright blob, then magically disappeared as the focus was lost completely.

Here's one;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...tified+flying+geese&ei=j8x0SIbFMZXiiQLrvNCZCw

I live near an airport, all I did was zoom on a plane, (you can see one in focus at the start, and I zoom on another) and the camera cannot keep up the focus through the zoom, so it being a bright day, the plane turned into a bright blob, then magically disappeared as the focus was lost completely.

Yes, that's a great demo of why you don't use autofocus to film things in the sky.
This is the leading cause of shitty "UFO" footage, IMO.

Yes, that's a great demo of why you don't use autofocus to film things in the sky.
This is the leading cause of shitty "UFO" footage, IMO.

Definitely, remember the spate of lozenge shaped UFO camcorder footage? Caused by an out of focus source of light, and the four bladed Iris in Canon camcorders iirc, casting a lozenge shaped shadow on the CCD, which had sharp edges, so looked in focus. There were often speckles which looked like surface detail, adding to the idea it was a solid craft.

Autofocus is part of it alright, along with the failure to use a tripod.

Yes again, people think a stationary light is 'zooming around' because they don't understand the magnified effect of camera shake when they are zoomed in.

Odd isn't it, that many UFO vids are out of focus and show a blob of light moving erratically with no foreground or background items for reference for size or direction of movement.

Another silly comment. This whole subject is fallacious to you, I suspect.

No, just those who promote the subject. You have been unable to make any logical connections. No alien visitation woo-woo has ever done so. You've successfully joined their ranks.

No, just those who promote the subject. You have been unable to make any logical connections. No alien visitation woo-woo has ever done so. You've successfully joined their ranks.

Sir, that's not me. If you browse my post history you'll see that the only thing I acknowledge is that SOMETHING is going on and seems to be gaining momentum, be it real, imagined or deliberately contrived. And that that fact in it's self is a reason for concern. I'm on the lookout for woowoos the same as yourself.

Look, let's be honest here. A military hellicopter racing after some high-speed aerodynamical vehical??? They wouldn't do that. It's perfectly illogical. What could be more plausible however, is that the UFO was created by the American Government, and then chased by the hellicopter as some kind of governmental experiment.

A reference to the Cash-Landrum case?

It doesn't take Fox Mulder to notice that.

Mmmm! Invokest thou the imaginary! The imagery!:p

http://bradleycain.com/images/2007/12/mulder-teacup.jpg

phlogistician said:
Evidence is the key, and so far, all of it is lacking. We've been down this route before, with you clinbing to debunked stories, so I don't want to do it again.
I can DEBUNK cases. I can dissect and possibly destroy cases if merited. Anyone with a purpose can dissect and destroy any theory.
As for clinbing to these debunked stories, I guess you'll have to be more specific about those.

phlogistician said:
Indeed, why are UFO pictures and videos so crap?

Did you inadvertently answer your own question?

Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
FORMER NASA astronaut and moonwalker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens do exist.

Listen the radio interview here.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24069817-5001021,00.html?from=public_rss

0,,6162037,00.jpg

Of course, not.
Yet, at (a very sharp) 77 years old, I'm not sure what the motivation to lie would be. Care to speculate?

Not lying about something does not equal telling the truth.
Maybe the person believes something that isn't true.

Alzheimer's?

Perhaps, though it wasn't mentioned in the article.

I believe this is the third or fourth US astronaut to make such claims. It could be that their minds were damaged by space travel.

Again, speculation on my part.

Back