Islam is Tolerant of Other Religions
Islam Facilitated a 'Golden Age' of Scientific Discovery
Islam is Opposed to Slavery
Islam is Incompatible with Terrorism
Islam is a Democracy
The Qur'an is the Muslim Counterpart to the Bible

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Myths-of-Islam.htm

Not true.

There are four basic reasons why Islam has little true claim to scientific achievement:

First, the Muslim world benefited greatly from the Greek sciences, which were translated for them by Christians and Jews. To their credit, Muslims did a better job of preserving Greek text than did the Europeans of the time, and this became the foundation for their own knowledge. (One large reason for this, however, was that access by Christians to this part of their world was cut off by Muslim slave ships and coastal raids that dominated the Mediterranean during this period).

Secondly, many of the scientific advances credited to Islam were actually “borrowed” from other cultures conquered by the Muslims. The algebraic concept of “zero”, for example, is erroneously attributed to Islam, but it was, in fact, a Hindu discovery that was merely introduced to the West by Muslims.

In fact, conquered populations contributed greatly to the history of “Muslim science” until gradually being decimated by conversion to Islam (under the pressures of dhimmitude). The Muslim concentration within a population is directly proportional to the decline of scientific achievement. It is no accident that the Muslim world has had little to show for itself in the last 600 years or so, since running out of new civilizations to cannibalize.

Third, even the great Muslim scientists and icons were often considered heretics in their time, sometimes for good reason. One of the greatest achievers to come out of the Muslim world was the Persian scientist and philosopher, al-Razi. His impressive works are often held up today as “proof” of Muslim accomplishment. But what the apologists often leave out is that al-Razi was denounced as a blasphemer, since he followed his own religious beliefs – which were in obvious contradiction to traditional Islam.

Fourth, even the contributions that are attributed to Islam (often inaccurately) are not terribly dramatic. There is the invention of certain words, such as alchemy and elixir, but not much else that survives in modern technology that is of any practical significance. Neither is there any reason to believe that such discoveries would not have easily been made by the West following the cultural awakening triggered by the Reformation.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Myths-of-Islam.htm#science

why do I bother your just going to repeat your propaganda and lies. you refuse to look at anything else. your teachers pushed these ideas on you and you have just accepted them.

Ten Myths of Islam:
Islam Means 'Peace'
Islam respects Women as Equals
Jihad Means 'Inner Struggle'
Islam is a Religion of Peace
Islam Facilitated a 'Golden Age' of Scientific Discovery
Islam is a Democracy

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Myths-of-Islam.htm

wow, you are copying and pasting those phrases since the year 2, impressive, are you still stuck in your site? hmm,; oh i forgot, YOU ARE STRROOONNGGG!!! i'm sorry, but PLEAS don't heart me!! :fright: :fright: :runaway:

A suicide b*mber steered his explosives-laden Toyota minibus into a convoy as it moved through the thick of rush-hour traffic. The attack killed 18 people, including 5 American soldiers and an officer from Canada, and wounded at least 47 civilians.
I wonder who committed this deadly act of senseless violence, a CCR or a Muslim terrorist. Hmmm...
The blast sent a fireball billowing into the air, set cars aflame and blew bodies apart. Limbs and entrails flew hundreds of feet, littering yards and walls and streets. The survivors, many of them women and children, some of them missing limbs, lay in the road moaning and calling for help. In a passenger bus, an Afghan woman lay dead in her seat, cut in half, with her baby still squirming in her arms. Fifty yards away, a man’s head lay on the hood of a truck....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/w...p://json8.nytimes.com/pages/world/index.jsonp

why do I bother your just going to repeat your propaganda and lies. you refuse to look at anything else. your teachers pushed these ideas on you and you have just accepted them.

I don't think it's fair blaming Sandy's teachers.
I bet they were decent people doing their best.
They are not responsible for how she turned out.

A suicide b*mber steered his explosives-laden Toyota minibus into a convoy as it moved through the thick of rush-hour traffic. The attack killed 18 people, including 5 American soldiers and an officer from Canada, and wounded at least 47 civilians.
I wonder who committed this deadly act of senseless violence, a CCR or a Muslim terrorist. Hmmm...
The blast sent a fireball billowing into the air, set cars aflame and blew bodies apart. Limbs and entrails flew hundreds of feet, littering yards and walls and streets. The survivors, many of them women and children, some of them missing limbs, lay in the road moaning and calling for help. In a passenger bus, an Afghan woman lay dead in her seat, cut in half, with her baby still squirming in her arms. Fifty yards away, a man’s head lay on the hood of a truck....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/w...p://json8.nytimes.com/pages/world/index.jsonp

first, that would never happen if you didnt attack their countries and attack their families, also, you're doing exactly the same and more than that in their countries, and for their families.

first, that would never happen if you didnt attack their countries and attack their families, also, you're doing exactly the same and more than that in their countries, and for their families.

I am open to serious discussion/debate but I will stop the second you personal attack me again. WE did not start this. Muslim terrorists have been attacking us since they organized. Their Koran COMMANDS them to kill the infidel (Christians and Jews). You know this to be true. We can start with the Crusades which Muslims like to blame on Christians. You and I BOTH know that during the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe. We are now in a new phase of a very old war. Flash forward 327 years. Muslim terrorists have committed more than 15,000(!!!) deadly terror attacks just since 911. They have plotted/carried out SIX against the USA since Obama took office. So don't insult my intelligence by saying this is a religion of peace. It's not.

http://counterterrorismblog.org/
http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2010/02/crusades-response-to-islamic-aggression.html
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

I am open to serious discussion/debate but I will stop the second you personal attack me again. WE did not start this. Muslim terrorists have been attacking us since they organized. Their Koran COMMANDS them to kill the infidel (Christians and Jews). You know this to be true. We can start with the Crusades which Muslims like to blame on Christians. You and I BOTH know that during the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe. We are now in a new phase of a very old war. Flash forward 327 years. Muslim terrorists have committed more than 15,000(!!!) deadly terror attacks just since 911. They have plotted/carried out SIX against the USA since Obama took office. So don't insult my intelligence by saying this is a religion of peace. It's not.
christians did start the crusades sandy.

What positive thing has Islam accomplished for this world? I think Sandy has made some valid points. Let her continue. :bugeye:

Ten Myths of Islam:
ok lets go right down the lists.
Islam Means 'Peace'
well right away the entire list is discredited as its clearly done by someone who has done zero research and has an ax to grind. No intelligent knowledgable person has ever made that claim. everyone who isn't making false slanderous lists know Islam means submission(to god)
Islam respects Women as Equals
as it is written and laid out Islam respects woman as equals in fact far more than Christianity and Judaism both of which are more archaic. in practice people have used to push their own morality
Jihad Means 'Inner Struggle'
partially true it mean struggle. inner struggle or the struggle of the heart would be jihad bil qalb/nafs
Islam is a Religion of Peace
generally speaking it happens to be peaceful to the same extent as its progenitors of christianity and judiasm. just like those it can and has been used to promote violence and war but the inherent teachings generally lean toward peace.
Islam is generally tolerant of other faiths. the general reverse between Islam respecting other faiths and Christianty should be noted changed along with factors that effect prejudice. in isolation it would be hard pressed to see Islam as the reason for the intolerance.
[QUOTER]Islam Facilitated a 'Golden Age' of Scientific Discovery[/QUOTE] this is not a myth and is perfectly true.
like its progenitors it allows slavery. though the morality that can be obtained from can easly be seen as prohibiting it.
it is. the hadiths and quran in places say that to take life is a sin. it promotes the use of diplomacy.
Islam is a Democracy
this claim has never been made.
true they are both the holy books of the respective faiths.

and a site which sole purposes is to foster misinformation and hate.

http://www.truthtube.tv/play.php?vid=2008
ISLAM.
You may have thought be-headings were done with a big sword, well I warn you this is a bit graphic, But what was the reason they did this, it certainly wasn't a rational one.
Sandy don't watch it will taint you.
Yes Islam lovely. (sarcasm)
pbuh (Piss be upon him)

sandy:

Facts about Islam:

The Koran commands Muslims to kill infidels (Christians and Jews).

Please quote chapter and verse or withdraw that comment.

Allah is NOT God. He is a moon god.

A moon god is still a god.

Most terrorists are Muslims.

Evidence?

One of the goals is to take over the USA from within.

How's that coming along for them, do you think? Doing well? Or is Good Ol' Obama stopping them? Your favourite President ever!

Back