Third of Muslim Students Back Religious Killings

I think he was opposed to the Romans spreading democracy in Palestine.

I suppose you can think what you want.

Here is some scripture that is perhaps of relevance:

15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. 16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. 17 Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? 19 Show Me the tax money.”
So they brought Him a denarius.
20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”
21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”
And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.

Yes, thank you Sam, This needs to be said. Afghanis and Iraqis who are dying in these occupations are innocents.

Yes. This conflict is not only confined to the Muslim world, it is in Latin America, South Asia, East Asia, Eastern Europe, and Continental Africa. Third world solidarity against these aggressive wars can openly be seen from our brothers and sisters suffering under the same plight worldwide.

Yes, where is the condemnation of the Capitalist invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq?

I can't get over the mentality of this. It's shocking.

Sam said,

“ Originally Posted by S.A.M.
Americans wholeheartedly supported an attack on Iraq and Afghanistan, although neither country killed a single American in the US. ”

And you reply by saying:

''Yes, thank you Sam, This needs to be said. Afghanis and Iraqis who are dying in these occupations are innocents.''

THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, declared war, not so much the people. And not all Americans ''wholeheartdly'' supported the war, as claimed by Sam; I will also add that this country was filled with individuals raging about the continuation of the war when President Blair took sides with that idiot Bush. And this country is still angry (at least, the most of individuals i have ever met in my lifetime.) And the anger is undoubtedly stronger in this country (UK), but there was a fair share of Americans too that hated the role of the war. Including myself.

S.A.M.

If a woman cheats on her husband, does the husband then have the right to murder the woman and the man (or other woman) with who she slept with? Surely his RIGHTS as a husband have been trampled upon? He's just the VICTIM. The good husband. He has the RIGHT to seek REVENGE. He first thanks God, kisses the Qur'an and then murders the pair.

How many times can you tell yourself that the Godly and Holy verse on killing are being "misinterpreted"? How many women have to die beofre you recognize that such verses are henious? 10 thousand? A million? How many women do you suppose have been murdered by their family over the centuries while the Qur'an was quoted? 10s of millions? 100s of millions? How many SAM?

MII

Pretty sad that Michael the baptist always tried to resort on women's rights in muslim lands... I suppose crimes against women doesn't occur in western societies?

So quran said to go and kill your cheating women? Did they teach you that stuff in your church? Its a serious question, I am just curious. :)

Is it true guys? Are there no crimes committed by christians against' their women?

Like there are no crimes of passion in west, cited by Michael? for example if a western women commits cheating or adultery, her husband will reward her with flowers? or maybe tell her "it is okay honey"... just wrap it up before I come home... ;). So, there have been no murders in the name of love or passion? Which is normally known in east as honor killings...

Seriously, I think there are no crimes against women in west.. when a woman cheats on her husband normally husband says it is okay honey, please do it again. correct? I think the western women are most free, I believe in each western country at least there have been woman presidents or prime ministers at one point, and women always had a right vote etc? is this true?

Would any one please confirm or deny?

Most western people don't care as much about relationships; they are more worried about saving the money and goods they shared. I think the new thoughts on sexual monogamy are that it is irrelevant.

Hmm so he supported the Romans? Or taxation?

Why would He "support" the Romans? He answered a question from the pharisees, nothing more nothing less.

I don't know how you would get this understanding (the questions you asked) from the scripture I posted.

From what I see, he clearly distinguished between Cesar and God as two separate entities. So did he believe that those who rendered to Cesar were not rendering to God? That a person under God could not be under Cesar?

Do you live in the West?

I have friends there. The youngest is 21 and has already gone through several relationships. From the last one, she salvaged her china and the lamps she had bought when they were together.

NO NO NO.. this just shattered all the images of perfectness of western culture... please tell me its not True Michael.. please..

How many women have to suffer before you will do anything about it? :(

HOW MANY ABUSED
WOMEN ARE THERE IN THE U.S.?
Women age 12 or older annually sustained almost 5
million violent victimizations in 1992 and 1993.

Women and girls ages 12 and up annually reported about 500,000 rapes and sexual assaults, almost 500,000 robberies, and about 3.8 million assaults.

WHO ARE THE ABUSERS
In 29% of all violence against women by a lone offender, the perpetrator was an intimate (husband,ex-husband, boyfriend or ex-boyfriend).

Women annually reported about 500,000 rapes and sexual assaults Friends or acquaintances of the victims committed over half of these rapes or sexual assaults. Strangers were responsible for about 1 in 5.

HONOR KILLINGS IN AMERICA?
Of the 5328 women murdered in 1990, FBI data indicate that about half or more of them by a husband or boyfriend.

VIOLENCE AMONG COUPLES
A minimum of 16 % of American couples experienced an assault during the year they were asked about it, and about 40% of these involved severely violent acts, such as kicking, biting, punching, choking, and attacks with weapons.

A 1993 national poll found that 34% of adults in the United States report having witnessed a man beating his wife or girlfriend and that 14% of women report that a husband or boyfriend has been violent with them.

THE PHYSICAL DAMAGE
CAUSED TO WOMEN AND CHILDREN BY ABUSE
During the last decade, domestic violence has been identified as one of the major causes of emergency room visits by women.

From 20% to 30% of the women who are seen by emergency room physicians exhibit at least one or more symptoms of physical abuse.

10% of the victims were pregnant at the time of abuse.

10% reported that their children had also been abused by the batterer.
THE ECONOMIC FACTOR IN WOMEN'S ABUSE

*Women aged 19 to 29 and women in families with incomes below $10,000 were more likely than other women to be victims of violence by an intimate.

Sources: 1995 National Crime Victimization Survey of the U.S. Department of Justice. You can order this Special Report (NCJ-154348) "Violence Against Women: Estimates from the Redesigned Survey August 1995" by calling the Bureau of Justice Statistics Clearinghouse, 800-732-3277and the National Domestic Violence Hotline Fact Sheet and Statistics.

Plese tell me its a lie and not true and that only muslims are wife beaters and killers..:(

From what I see, he clearly distinguished between Cesar and God as two separate entities. So did he believe that those who rendered to Cesar were not rendering to God? That a person under God could not be under Cesar?

I have friends there. The youngest is 21 and has already gone through several relationships. From the last one, she salvaged her china and the lamps she had bought when they were together.

How can buying a dove with Roman currency be construed as rendering to God? It is common sense that it is not.

I live in the west and some people regard material items over relationships, just like any rich society, but many are the opposite.

Money can corrupt anyone.

Do did he consider the Romans as under God?

Yes.

10 Then Pilate said to Him, “Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?”
11 Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.”
12 From then on Pilate sought to release Him, but the Jews cried out, saying, “If you let this Man go, you are not Caesar’s friend. Whoever makes himself a king speaks against Caesar.”

Yes.

10 Then Pilate said to Him, “Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?”
11 Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.”
12 From then on Pilate sought to release Him, but the Jews cried out, saying, “If you let this Man go, you are not Caesar’s friend. Whoever makes himself a king speaks against Caesar.”

And yet the Romans used to throw Christians to the lions. And Jesus grumbled all the way to the cross. Was he deluded?

He did suffer at the hands of the Romans, and so did His followers, and we still do, though not from Romans.

Judgement day will right all the wrongs.

Back