They named their kid Adolf Hitler

It's the exact same thing. The kid is stuck with the name just like he is with the uniform. There's nothing he can do about it.
The name and the uniform will attract similar responses.
Neither wearing a Nazi uniform nor having the name Adolf Hitler means the kid has been indoctrinated with Nazi ideals.
It's the exact same thing.

Not quite, but I'll give you the benefit of a repeat. A Nazi uniform is a symbol of Nazism, Hitlers name may indeed be associated with Nazism but it is NOT necessarily an expressive symbol of it, it's the name of a person who was involved in it(as were quite a number of people, all to varying degrees). It's one thing to display your association with a political group, or display their symbols, it's another thing entirely to share names with someone in it.
As far as I know there is nothing that says ALL Adolf Hitlers are/were/will be members of the Nazi party. Therefore as this kid is not that same person it's unreasonable to assume anything about him.

Adolf Hitler is a pretty memorable name. I am fairly sure the parents were aware of that. They named their other children after Himler and the Aryan Nation. Srsly.

They may very well be Nazis or sympathisers, but if they are not involved in preaching hate or infringing on other people in any way then it's their own business and nobody elses. Of course I don't think they should hate anyone, but part of being free is that everyone is allowed to have beliefs we don't like and don't agree with, and it's none of our business until they harm someone. Using the argument that other people will cause harm therefore you can't do it is seriously flawed and opens up a great many problems. Perhaps we should ban gays and black people from the southern states? After all, there's a high probability the southerners would harm them.

Personally I'd love to find out the family are jewish and trying to make a political/attention seeking statement.

Like it or not, much of our personality is based on the reaction of others apon the things we do and the way people react to us. When in our formative years, we constantly seek praise and attention. When we are rebuffed or rejected, we cannot flourish.

Your hope for people to just "accept him for who he is", is all and well. But Humanity doesn't work like that . WWII happened over 60 years ago, true, but the stigma associated with the name last longer. I understand what you're saying, and I would judge him on his merits. Yes, If you and I can do it, everyone can.

But the point here is not what everyone else has to suffer, It's what the child has to suffer. Judging people based on their merits, hasn't progressed beyond race.
The impact your name has on you when you are little is something major if everyone stares at you oddly everytime you say it.
Thats why I think the parents should be locked up for child abuse.
In fairness (as has been mentioned) most people will not know his second name unless they have gotten to know him. Adolf itself is still in usage, albeit less common now. He's not even the first to have been given the names Adolf and Hitler since the death of the Adolf Hitler.
No matter a persons name when they are young they still recieve the usual bullying and childish name calling. If not for their name then for some other reason. Kids do that, I don't think most under a certain age are even aware of Hitler, it's hardly appropriate to teach them.

So in conclusion really he is just Adolf, he'll get the same reaction as names that rhyme with rude words, or upper class names, or foreign names. He's really no different at all.

In fairness (as has been mentioned) most people will not know his second name unless they have gotten to know him. Adolf itself is still in usage, albeit less common now. He's not even the first to have been given the names Adolf and Hitler since the death of the Adolf Hitler.
No matter a persons name when they are young they still recieve the usual bullying and childish name calling. If not for their name then for some other reason. Kids do that, I don't think most under a certain age are even aware of Hitler, it's hardly appropriate to teach them.

So in conclusion really he is just Adolf, he'll get the same reaction as names that rhyme with rude words, or upper class names, or foreign names. He's really no different at all.

And when he gets to high school? then what ?
I don't think every kid gets bullied, There are some who get more bullied than others.

Like it or not, much of our personality is based on the reaction of others apon the things we do and the way people react to us. When in our formative years, we constantly seek praise and attention. When we are rebuffed or rejected, we cannot flourish.

Your hope for people to just "accept him for who he is", is all and well. But Humanity doesn't work like that . WWII happened over 60 years ago, true, but the stigma associated with the name last longer. I understand what you're saying, and I would judge him on his merits. Yes, If you and I can do it, everyone can.

But the point here is not what everyone else has to suffer, It's what the child has to suffer. Judging people based on their merits, hasn't progressed beyond race.
The impact your name has on you when you are little is something major if everyone stares at you oddly everytime you say it.
Thats why I think the parents should be locked up for child abuse.

So Muslims in the U.S.A should not raise their children as Muslims, because they might get picked on and harassed? Parents should teach their children to behave in a manner so as to 'fit in', to 'conform to the norm' in order to avoid abuse and ostracisation?

Last edited:
Not quite, but I'll give you the benefit of a repeat. A Nazi uniform is a symbol of Nazism, Hitlers name may indeed be associated with Nazism but it is NOT necessarily an expressive symbol of it, it's the name of a person who was involved in it(as were quite a number of people, all to varying degrees). It's one thing to display your association with a political group, or display their symbols, it's another thing entirely to share names with someone in it.
As far as I know there is nothing that says ALL Adolf Hitlers are/were/will be members of the Nazi party. Therefore as this kid is not that same person it's unreasonable to assume anything about him.

The name is very much a symbol of Nazism, certainly in this case.
And what do you mean Hitler was "just involved in it" ? :bugeye:

Considering the fuss the parents raised about the birthday cake, don't you all think they would be talking to all the media outlets if their kids got taken away because of the name?
The kids got taken away for a good reason and the parents know it. Its why they have remained silent.

Considering the fuss the parents raised about the birthday cake, don't you all think they would be talking to all the media outlets if their kids got taken away because of the name?
The kids got taken away for a good reason and the parents know it. Its why they have remained silent.

Link please

a link to the parents not speaking about it? How is that possible??? :confused:

No, as in the children being taken away ? Were they or did I misinterpret your post ?

What about Hitler Smith? Is that abuse? Or Aldus Hitler?

Aldus Hitler could theoretically descend from Hitler, despite no known record existing.

Hitler Smith is a bit off.
Basically, Last names you have no choice in, but your parents decide your first name. Any parent who willingly calls their daughter Aryan nation, as a first name, deserves to be charged with child abuse. I think I figured where to draw the line,
Last names of desperate dictators, or hated historical figures, should be discouraged.

Last edited:
And when he gets to high school? then what ?
I don't think every kid gets bullied, There are some who get more bullied than others.

Some more than others but I don't know anyone that didn't get a bit of stick at one point or another for something they couldn't help.
When he gets to high school people should be mature enough to get over it. If they're the type to bully then if it wasn't him it would be someone else, that's a fact. So who is the real problem?

EDIT: I'd also like to know why the bullying is even a factor, lots of names have this effect, most aren't banned. Do we have a right to force people into acceptable non-target names? Decided by who?

Last edited:
Back