They named their kid Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler is not a name you just happen to have. No one is going to hear that name and then later discover there was a racist dictator called Hitler.

There should be a law against names like that.

Can I name my kid Rectal Hemorrhage and then whine about my right to call him whatever I like, completely ignoring the fact that those words have a meaning, while he goes about his life being perpetually embarrassed every time someone asks him his name???
I agree. Or more specifically, against first/middle name.

Because, If it's a last name. they had no choice(parents), If it a first/middle name, then the parents had a choice.

And in between, they should go through 18 years of being constantly embarrassed, and probably being bullied too?

and you have no idea how many loop holes we have to go through to do so.
IT SUCKS!!!! :mad:

And it's not quite the same. I suspect he means that women take on their maiden name..
Changing your name to something you made up is quite a different matter I think.
Don't they charge by the letter ?

And it's not quite the same. I suspect he means that women take on their maiden name..
Changing your name to something you made up is quite a different matter I think.
Don't they charge by the letter ?

No, I just have to pay for a new social security card and a new driver's license. And fill out a ton of paperwork on loans, bank accounts, utility bills, insurance, work ID, etc.

No, I just have to pay for a new social security card and a new driver's license. And fill out a ton of paperwork on loans, bank accounts, utility bills, insurance, work ID, etc.

I'm pretty sure they charge by the letter in my country though.

Here in the US, for $29.95 you can have a company do the work for you.
http://www.missnowmrs.com/Purchase.aspx

But that's only the last name. If you want to completely change your name is about $325 and you have to have it posted in the newspaper. Don't know what you do if your town doesn't have one.

Back