They named their kid Adolf Hitler

I think Hitler is pretty much in a league of his own. And what peoples reactions are going to be is exactly the point. What live do you think that kid will have ? It's sad enough he has morons for parents..

He could have a normal and good life if people would just let him.
Of course we know they won't, but that says far more about other people than it ever will about this kid.
As people have already mentioned there's Joseph Stalin, or Mao Tse-Tung, or Pol Pot. I'm sure we could add more to the list but as I say, depends exactly where you're drawing the line. I'm sure there are some that would consider naming a mere mortal Jesus as sacrilegious.

He could have a normal and good life if people would just let him.
Of course we know they won't, but that says far more about other people than it ever will about this kid.
Of course it doesn't say anything about the kid. You just have to remember the world is not perfect and that humans are generally assholes.
The ones that are to blame most are, of course, the parents. With what intent did they name the kid ? I'm sure they know he will have a shitty life for it..
All in all it's best to deny them calling their kid Adolf Hitler. In fact, they are most likely shitty parents anyway.

As people have already mentioned there's Joseph Stalin, or Mao Tse-Tung, or Pol Pot. I'm sure we could add more to the list but as I say, depends exactly where you're drawing the line. I'm sure there are some that would consider naming a mere mortal Jesus as sacrilegious.
Hitler is fresh in everyones memories. It's worse than Joseph Stalin, or Mao Tse-Tung, or Pol Pot. At least in the West.

There's plenty more. It's hardly the only stupid name a child can have, it's not like the kid actually IS Hitler.
Anyone getting angry at his name really needs to take a look at themselves, that's like getting annoyed at anyone called Dave Jones because this one kid in highschool called Dave Jones accidently ran over your dog or something. :shrug:

No, it's more serious than that. His name wasn't just unusual (I have an unusual name too), it was the name of someone most considered an evil tyrant. Even a silly name burdens a child with unnecessary stress at a time they are trying to adapt to friends and society. It's child abuse. Judges have frequently overturned a parent's naming decision, so there is a legal precedent.

Of course it doesn't say anything about the kid. You just have to remember the world is not perfect and that humans are generally assholes.
Of course, I'm aware of what people are like, but even people with normal names get bullied, ridiculed, abused. This just detracts away from the real victims. A name does no harm, if other people harm him because of it then that's down to them, they are a very real problem and they should be punished for it.
The ones that are to blame most are, of course, the parents. With what intent did they name the kid ? I'm sure they know he will have a shitty life for it..
Are they Jewish? Is it some sense of irony? Forgiveness? Perhaps they're a little crazy who knows? Although it's probably just that they have a weird sense of humour. When he's old enough he'll probably change it anyway.
All in all it's best to deny them calling their kid Adolf Hitler. In fact, they are most likely shitty parents anyway.
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I'm just not of the opinion we should barge into other people lives and decide somebody elses name. As I say, when he's old enough he will most likely decide to change it, until then people should leave him be, he's just another kid.

Hitler is fresh in everyones memories. It's worse than Joseph Stalin, or Mao Tse-Tung, or Pol Pot. At least in the West.
I guess it depends on your education, Stalin figured as prominently in mine as Hitler so I find it hard to draw a line between them.:shrug:

Last edited:
No, it's more serious than that. His name wasn't just unusual (I have an unusual name too), it was the name of someone most considered an evil tyrant.
Yet the boy is not an evil tyrant, he's a kid.

Even a silly name burdens a child with unnecessary stress at a time they are trying to adapt to friends and society.
I don't think there's a name in the english language that doesn't result in teasing at that age, they all tend to rhyme with something. How many young people are aware about Hitler anyways?

It's child abuse. Judges have frequently overturned a parent's naming decision, so there is a legal precedent.
To think I thought America was a land of the free. I guess that's only the case when it suits them.
Sounds to me like everyone is blowing something way out of proportion, but I doubt that, it's only America. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows about Hitler. It's cruel to name your kid that. And besides, the kid wasn't taken from his family for the name, but for unnamed reasons having to do with his physical safety. Southerners thought they should be free to own slaves, should they?

They should have named him Dolfie H. That actally doesn't sound bad...

To think I thought America was a land of the free. I guess that's only the case when it suits them.
Sounds to me like everyone is blowing something way out of proportion, but I doubt that, it's only America. :rolleyes:

America is the land of the free, and surely this child should be no stranger to that. He should be free of ridicule for his parents dumb anticts, don't you agree? He has no choice in the matter, so he is not free to choose his name himself. This was put upon him by parents who quite obviously did not want the child to have an easy go at life.

These parents are idiots looking to make a buck off their kids.

That said, I knew some kids named
- Mountain River
- Whisper sofly
- Toake' Dube

These parents are idiots looking to make a buck off their kids.

Indeed..

A CHILD named Adolf Hitler Campbell and his siblings have been taken from their family by child welfare workers.

The New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services removed three-year-old Adolf and his younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell from their home on Tuesday, The Associated Press reports.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24916019-401,00.html

Honestly, some people are cruel to their children.

Mr Campbell, 35, has decorated his home with swastikas and says he is related to a member of the SS.

Since the details will never be released to the public, it is all mere speculation.

"They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did," he told the Associated Press at the time of the cake incident.

But the ShopRite store that refused the cake request says it did the right thing.

"We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," spokeswoman Karen Meleta told the Express-Times newspaper.

The store has also refused to make a cake bearing the name of JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, who turns two next month.

Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, named for SS head Heinrich Himmler, turns one in April.

He said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name".

"They're just names, you know," he told the Express-Times newspaper.

"Yeah, they (Nazis) were bad people back then. But my kids are little. They're not going to grow up like that."
Of course they aren't going to grow up to be like the Nazi's.. They would have grown up in a house that worshiped the Nazi's and had their memorabilia hanging from the walls.:rolleyes:

The rest of the article was about his whining about getting a hard time because he the local bakery wouldn't write his son's name on the cake. If I recall the original article, when the story broke about the cake itself, the store had offered to leave the space blank so they could write the name in themselves. They had refused and were trying to sue the store for damages.

Love people like this - like Bikers back in the day - they let everyone know you are not really "free" or liberated. They are a great litmus test for a so-called "free county".

Last edited:
its not like everybody is going to be calling him Adolf Hitler. Hitler is his middle name - so he'll just go by Adolf, which is a normal name. Adolf Campbell.

There's a difference between profanity and actual names. The name isn't harmful at all it's everyone elses reaction to it.
People need to get over themselves, so he shares a name with someone big freaking deal, he didn't even choose it, and maybe, just maybe, we should judge him on his own merits.

And thus, because humans are so nice, and benevolent, we'll stop reacting that way to him.. Ok ??? /end sarcasm.
This is why I think the parents should be shot for preservation of the gene pool. The kids will suffer needlessly.

Everyone knows about Hitler. It's cruel to name your kid that.
My 3 month old cousin has no idea who Hitler is. So clearly people are taught about him at some age, I suspect that age varies from person to person.
And besides, the kid wasn't taken from his family for the name, but for unnamed reasons having to do with his physical safety.
All I said was there's nothing wrong with their choice of names and people need to get a hold of themselves.
Southerners thought they should be free to own slaves, should they?
So infringing on someone elses right to freedom is somehow a comparison? :bugeye: Don't make yourself look so stupid, it doesn't suit you.

America is the land of the free, and surely this child should be no stranger to that. He should be free of ridicule for his parents dumb anticts, don't you agree? He has no choice in the matter, so he is not free to choose his name himself. This was put upon him by parents who quite obviously did not want the child to have an easy go at life.
Don't you think he should be free of ridicule anyway? He should get the same treatment everyone else gets, everyone else being an asshole doesn't make his name a problem it makes them a problem.

America is the land of the free, and surely this child should be no stranger to that. He should be free of ridicule for his parents dumb anticts, don't you agree?.

Guess we'd better take all those kids wearing second hand clothes away from their parents. Wouldn't want them ridiculed by other kids because they can't afford labelled gear. :rolleyes:

And thus, because humans are so nice, and benevolent, we'll stop reacting that way to him.. Ok ??? /end sarcasm.
This is why I think the parents should be shot for preservation of the gene pool. The kids will suffer needlessly.

I think all those who are going to be cruel to him just because of his freaking name should be shot. It's a series of letters, an identification for him, anything more is a state of mind.
Of course instead of actually encouraging humanity to be better towards others we just foster our usual neanderthal mentality.

Don't you think he should be free of ridicule anyway? He should get the same treatment everyone else gets, everyone else being an asshole doesn't make his name a problem it makes them a problem.

Well, that would be nice, but it's not reality, is it?

The reality of it is that these parents knew they would be subjecting their children to problems later on in life. How is that fair to a child? Why would any parent name their child something that invokves anger and hatred from others?

Back