There is absolutely NO contradiction whatsoever between religious faith and science

Why does anyone who is in control wish to remain in control?
Presumably (never having been "in control" myself) there are perks that one wouldn't wish to relinquish.
One can shape the society to one's desires.

Again - For what purpose?

Well let's see.
Is Wiki any good? (If not pick any other source).
Wiki:

Let me check...
Thor? Nope.
Osiris? Nope.
"God"? Nope.
Etc...
Yep I'm pretty sure I'm an atheist since have no belief in any "deity" that I've seen named. (And I don't belief in un-named deities either that I'm aware of).
Is your contention somehow that I do believe but I'm not aware of that belief?
The Rock and roll God Ozzie , Yeah Way

spoken like a true athiest..
(claims knowledge of god yet says he doesn't believe..)
Also incorrect.
The premise of the argument (look for the links given in post 7) specifically used "properties" (actually only one) of god as claimed by (Christian) theists.
Hard luck. :p

Also incorrect.
The premise of the argument (look for the links given in post 7) specifically used "properties" (actually only one) of god as claimed by (Christian) theists.
Hard luck. :p

the links were of sciforums origin, so technically not admissible as evidence..(unless they were my own words..;))

Ah I see.
Another of these baseless self-supporting circular "arguments".
In other words you're falling back onto belief and not rationality or reason.

What, exactly, is "truth"?
Other than your insupportable belief (which cannot be shown to be "truth" by the way).
I would argue that materialists have painted themselves into a corner since a priori they rule out the supernatural. This is irrational. Science and its consequent reasoning should be illuminated by the truth of Revelation.

What? I don't get it. Sorry.

People are given different levels of understanding depending on the restrictions and locks upon their hearts. The more stubborn, negative, insolent you become the more locks are placed on you as a punishment which makes you bitter and unhappy inside, and leaves you with a thirst that cannot be quenched.

When you come as an innocent child in faith to god, he will remove the locks 1 by one from your heart, he will forgive you and also give you keys to other locks that stop you being happy and stop you understanding the truth that was right infront of your eyes.

(This wasn't directed at you. I was just using "you" to explain the meaning of my post)

peace.

I would argue that materialists have painted themselves into a corner since a priori they rule out the supernatural. This is irrational. Science and its consequent reasoning should be illuminated by the truth of Revelation.

They don't, they just require evidence.

I don't understand the question.
Why does anyone want to be "top dog"?

Well, yes - Why does anyone want to be in control?

Given that people invest quite a lot of effort and resources toward being in control, it is pertinent to understand why this is so.

If you look at people (and animals) who are in the top position in the hierarchies, there are many downsides to that:
A king has no friends - goes the saying, and many royals had and top executives do experience this on the daily basis.
When one is at the top, it is only a question of time when one will fall down, since "it doesn't get any higher".
The one at the top is under constant siege from those below who try to usurp the top position.
Even if one is at the top, one is still subject to aging, illness, and death, in their various forms.

So why would anyone want to be the top dog?

Well, yes - Why does anyone want to be in control?

Given that people invest quite a lot of effort and resources toward being in control, it is pertinent to understand why this is so.

If you look at people (and animals) who are in the top position in the hierarchies, there are many downsides to that:
A king has no friends - goes the saying, and many royals had and top executives do experience this on the daily basis.
When one is at the top, it is only a question of time when one will fall down, since "it doesn't get any higher".
The one at the top is under constant siege from those below who try to usurp the top position.
Even if one is at the top, one is still subject to aging, illness, and death, in their various forms.

So why would anyone want to be the top dog?

are you sure you are not a bot? all your posts read like made by a bot.

the links were of sciforums origin, so technically not admissible as evidence..
So you didn't bother to actually check those threads?
The links were to the discussion/ argument using the premise as stated.

Conversely the "non-materialists" have also argued themselves into a corner since they justify anything at all by claiming it as a "revelation" and are not required to provide evidence.
Now tell me about "irrational". :rolleyes:

PS Regarding the "truth of revelation". How do you know that what is "revealed" is truth? Or are you claiming that those who accept the "truth of revelation" are no more (and no less) than gullible non-thinkers?

Last edited:
Taken from HERE

Any comments?

The "special creation" problem is a problem on both sides of the coin--the school system often over-emphasizes our "animal" nature, while the religious fundamentalists go to the other extreme and deny our relationship to the rest of Creation.

Let people decide for themselves.
Either side of the coin is nothing conclusive. If it is truly a "free" society then the choice must be given.

Conversely the "non-materialists" have also argued themselves into a corner since they justify anything at all by claiming it as a "revelation" and are not required to provide evidence.
Now tell me about "irrational". :rolleyes:

PS Regarding the "truth of revelation". How do you know that what is "revealed" is truth? Or are you claiming that those who accept the "truth of revelation" are no more (and no less) than gullible non-thinkers?
One big difference - Revelation is fixed and unchanging, science is provisional. :)

Back