There Are No Aliens!!

Still guys I'm not seeing any aliens. Nope. Not in the news, nothing. Prophecies of worldwide cataclysm anyone? Any new arguments? This thread...the most popular thread....fell into the abyss....

Aliens exist, but only on other planets, distant ones, not here, because the distances to travel are too great. Thank you.

No, it didn't fell into the abyss. :) It was just a little quiet, that's all.

What do you want to hear? There are sightings all over the world. If any of this is posted in this thread, you and others say immediately it's a hoax. So it is not so strange the thread has gone a little silent for now.

There are extraterrestrials, on Earth and flying around in their Spacecrafts. You want some information about the latest developments?

Or are you going to reason it all away again? I'll be at your service, as always. Talk to you later...:) :)

You guys should read a SF book called The Light of Other Days by Arthur Clarke and Stephen Baxter. If the aliens have achieved the ViewCam technology, they need not come here, just watch us from a distance....

What do you want to hear? There are sightings all over the world.

Directly proportional to the amount of loonies in the world seeking attention.

If any of this is posted in this thread, you and others say immediately it's a hoax.

Of course, the loonies never have a shred of evidence to back their claims. They're loonies craving attention, what else did you expect?

There are extraterrestrials, on Earth and flying around in their Spacecrafts. You want some information about the latest developments?

No. We want cold, hard evidence. Not the ranting of loonies. Information and evidence are two different things.

Or are you going to reason it all away again?

No, we'll just believe anything the loonies say and forget about reason.

What I don't understand is why you separate the rational from the irrational when it suits your needs. If you were completely irrational, you wouldn't hold down a job, live in a house or apartment, drive a car, read a book, use a computer and access the internet to post messages on a forum. Yet, at one time or another, you probably have done most of these things and more.

In other words, you're having cake and eating it too. In my opinion, that is not rational or irrational, that is simply selfish and irresponsible.

btw - you still didn't answer my earlier question - do you deny the Earth is flat? :)

Originally posted by kmguru
You guys should read a SF book called The Light of Other Days by Arthur Clarke and Stephen Baxter. If the aliens have achieved the ViewCam technology, they need not come here, just watch us from a distance....
Yes, I read that book. a bit off topic here but .... it is also a great tool for ending all crime. Who would commit a crime when they knew that they could be watched, not only at the same time as the crime was being committed BUT also in the future they could look back and watch it again.

eveidence is the very problem we talk of.
the fact that evidence is hard to come by is why we debate.
eveidence is not justifiable as a proof because it is the problem.
(well simply)

Lets say there's a planet X on some other Solar System whose distance is in light years.we send a signal,recieve it back from "THEM".but by the time the signal reaches us,the civilization we were trying to contact would be far more developed than we percieve it to be.

Same holds true for other civilizations.

bye!

wow that was a mind job,
i agree,
however if we do not even know the nature of this species,
what could we possibly assume except that much time had passed since we'd sent the message.
there are to many unknow variables for my mind

eveidence is the very problem we talk of.
the fact that evidence is hard to come by is why we debate.
eveidence is not justifiable as a proof because it is the problem.
(well simply)

I agree with you oedipus!!

Welcome to sciforums! :)

PS: I guess I'm the one here who is more asked about evidence... perhaps you could help me speaking out this Truth... :)

Love,
Nelson

Mayhaps the extraterrestrials did receive the message from Earth and had a good laugh about it. :D

We can talk this over and over, still the solid evidence can not be given. It doesn't say that there are no other species in the Universes.

Kmguru, where is that thread about The Light of Other Days by Arthur Clarke and Stephen Baxter, posted? I should like to read it. Thank you...:)

Thank you TruthSeeker,
yeah this place is pretty cool.
I heard about it from Pollux V,
I know his true name!

Yeah this place is pretty cool

Mayhaps you should send your first name in soundwaves into the Universes. :p With a good echo, so they can here it everywhere...

Pollux, .ollux,..llux,...lux,....ux,.....x,.....x,..... ;) Or do you prefer your real first name? There are a lot of men with that name on Earth...

Sending sound waves into a vaccum? Hmmm....GOOD IDEA!

(in case you can't tell, that statement was made in sarcasm)

Unless you have alot of string to stretch between the two cups, I doubt the vibrations will carry much beyond our atmosphere.

Last edited:
Sound in the Vacuum?
It's impossible. Sound needs a medium to propagate. Like air, for example. ;)

Love,
Nelson

Well actually it is possible for sound to carry through space if you think happy thoughts (like in my case I would think about nipples, and then shout 'Ian!' as I was sucked out into space). With luck someone'll even hear yee!

what you need is a,
message in a bottle,
inertia would carry it for a long time,
and when someone opend it,
they would have pollux's recipe for whit chocolate brownies

Back