The War on Christmas

i know people of different faiths and they don't really give a shit it is a made up issue to hang in front of the religious right so they will vote republican

And, why do atheists hate a God so much, that they don't even believe exists. (not all atheists hate "god")

Atheism has nothing to do with "hating" gods. You can't hate something that hasn't been shown to exist.

Sandy, you are absolutely right, why take the "Christ" out of Christmas. Even so, there is evidence that Jesus was born around August and not actually December. Therefor making the celebration of Christmas during this time irrelevant. ;)

So then atheists should leave us alone, let us celebrate our holiday, and quit trying to destroy it. :mad:

We don't try to ruin their holiday. :(

Atheists don't really have holidays. I'm agnostic, yet I still celebrate Christmas with my family. I don't understand why some atheists would want to ruin Christmas unless they are lonely, sad, losers who hate the world.

I don't understand why some atheists would want to ruin Christmas unless they are lonely, sad, losers who hate the world.
Most of the people who want to ruin Christmas are fundie Christians who regard all the partying and feasting and gift giving and so forth as some kind of degradation of the "real meaning", and PC nitwits (most of them Christian) who want to ban Christmas carols from the high school choir recital.

The most that even the asshole atheist wants to do, commonly, is get the nativity scene off the courthouse lawn.

So then atheists should leave us alone, let us celebrate our holiday, and quit trying to destroy it. :mad:

We don't try to ruin their holiday. :(

Can Christmas coexist with a completely secular government? I don't think that would be a problem at all. Quit trying to play the martyr.

They have April Fools Day and we leave them alone.

Loons attack Christmas. ...some whacko... Those people are worthless pukes.

Hypocrite. So, you get your panties tied in a knot whenever someone attacks your ideas and you cry wolf. Yet, you seem to happily toss out ad hominem insults whenever it suits your fancy.

Again, hypocrite.

Last edited:
Actually one says 1,000 the other asks what evidence he has.

The evidence for both is open to interpretation. For some the circumstantial evidence says no god for others it says there is a god. Similarly, the evidence for evolution is circumstantial. I didn't create this dilemma.

Believer: Hey atheist there are 1000 fishes in the pond.
Atheist: How do you know ?
Believer: I.. just know it. I have experienced it.
Atheist: Well, did you see them, did you count them ?
Believer: Well, no.. but I know there are 1000 fishes in the pond.
Atheist: Ok, let's go and see.
Believer: Well, you can't actually see them, you have to believe they are there first.
Atheist: Nonsense, if they are there, they are there. If they are not there, they aren't.
Atheist drains the pond and finds not a single fish.
Believer: Of course you didn't find any fish, you didn't believe in them..

Sigh.. is that about it ?

Similarly, the evidence for evolution is circumstantial

Complete and utter tosh. Still, might I ask exactly what studying you have had with regards to evolution that has led you to the claim that the evidence is circumstantial?

Sigh.. is that about it ?

No. I said one says 1,000 and the other says 899. The Atheist and Theist are interchangeable. Just a matter of faith.

Complete and utter tosh. Still, might I ask exactly what studying you have had with regards to evolution that has led you to the claim that the evidence is circumstantial?

I guess as much as anyone else, i am not a hard line Theist by any stretch of the imagination. However, what i see evolving most is the theory.:shrug:-of evolution.

Happy Fruit of the Rape Day

I've got a good compromise. Let's call it what it represents:

Happy Fruit of the Rape Day

What? It's biblical. Just ask evangelist Jack Chick:

I think the caption is pretty clear about what happened.

Notes:

Jack T. Chick LLC. Creator or Liar. 2005. See http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0005/0005_01.asp

Last edited:

Circumstantial-

If a witness testifies that the defendant was seen entering a house, then screaming was heard, then the defendant was seen leaving, carrying a bloody knife, that is circumstantial evidence; if a witness testifies that the defendant was seen actually stabbing the victim, that is direct evidence.

What is the big deal anyway?

Last edited:
Back