The Holy Quran

bible storeis are not copied and pasted to quran, for example, bible says, jesus christ(pbuh), sacreficed himself, to save humanity, and he will forgive any christian, and who beleive in him as god or son of god or something, and all christians will go to heaven, because jesus(pbuh) will forgive them whatever they did, and the bible didnt talk about the story of mary(pbuh) and her life
quran, jesus(pbuh) didnt sacrefice himself, but it was illusioned to people that christ(pbuh) was sacreficed, while god took him, and god will send him again one day, and also tells the life of he's mother, mary(pbuh), and don't say that the fother of jesus(pbuh) is god or something (it can be geneticly, i mean, some sea creatures, are male and female in the same time, during the reproducing time, each reproduce himself, and don't need another, maybe mary(pbuh) had that, who knows)

dude..it is not a waste of time..
seeking knowledge is a godly attribute, not a sin.
it always amazes me the things ppl say to avoid saying ' I don't know'..

getting knowledge is a holy thing, and it's not hard to say i don't know, well, someone i know, rarely says i don't know (while he don't know)

valid point..

no..just making you question yourself as to whether you are preaching (no-one will listen) or teaching (some will listen)..

so, when someone answers the question properly, he is preaching? :rolleyes:
why you don't say that you are preaching here too?

if they are listening you are teaching, if they are not, you are preaching..

i'm listening ;)
truth will attend to itself..if you get distracted, how can you focus on the truth?

so, anyway, why you (atheists) can't respect people's choice of that relegion or faith? i mean, as you said, truth will attent itself anyway, so, why do you have, to, attack their choice?

by extension the divinity of Jesus as Christ).

idk what is that extension or whatever, we beleive in all prophets, that's why we beleive in jesus too

imagine that when Persian/Syrian "Arabs" attempted to model their system after the Christians with an Islamic copy of the Pope and Christendom (Caliph and Caliphate) they needed to codify and solidify their religious doctrine - in order to aggregate and centralize their power (and start funneling in all the profits from the silk and spice trade route - which, in the end, is what all this came down to).
soo, caliphates, are like popes?
caliphates, are like kings, not popes, there's no popes in islam, maybe in iran shia, but there's no poping in islam, and the imam, is just a person that pray infront of the people, and say speaches in relegion, and knows about relegion that he studied it, and he work and get married and get children and as anyone else, andt he mosque, is not a churche, it's a place, where people pray, there's no "forgiveness room" or whatever you call it, and there's no other rooms or something idk

You seem so be focusing on what you consider the negative details or eccentricities of Catholicism, rather than the overall concept that each religion has an actual or theoretical religious leader of some kind.

You seem so be focusing on what you consider the negative details or eccentricities of Catholicism, rather than the overall concept that each religion has an actual or theoretical religious leader of some kind.

i didnt concentrate on the negatives of christanity at all

so, when someone answers the question properly, he is preaching? :rolleyes:
why you don't say that you are preaching here too?
truth is..it is a fine line between preaching and teaching..i guess the real difference being if anyone is learning..
(teaching accepts questions, preaching does not.)

so, anyway, why you (atheists) can't respect people's choice of that relegion or faith? i mean, as you said, truth will attent itself anyway, so, why do you have, to, attack their choice?

um one..i am not an atheist..i am theist..
second i was not attacking your choice,
i can respect your choice of religion, my point was not to disrespect your religion but help you to validate it for others.(maybe validate is not the correct word)

i am a contractor,in order for me to get work i must sell myself, to do that i cannot come into someones home and just preach to them of my good points, i have to answer their questions in order for them to believe i am the best person for the job. once i have answered their questions to their satisfaction, then they tend to grant me a certain amount of authority to do their work.
it is the same with religion, in order for them to listen to you, you have to answer their questions, you cannot rely on 'because i said so' as an answer.
this is the worst thing to do especially on a science forum. to get respected on a science forum you have to show you have thought about it alot and not are just parroting what you have been told, (which is what i have noticed is the majority of the conversations here).

if your belief is strong enough it will withstand a little scrutiny.
don't let the hard questions derail your beliefs, take it as a challenge to confirm it.

truth is..it is a fine line between preaching and teaching..i guess the real difference being if anyone is learning..
(teaching accepts questions, preaching does not.)

infact, in islam, you HAVE to ask, not just listen, because you cannot beleive in a relegion that you are not convinced with.
anyway preaching yeah, like in mosques, on friday (the day when muslims have to pray at the mosque, because the other days you can just pray at home if you want), like i said, in mosques in friday, the imam preach, and if you don't like what he is saying, you can just leave, and when he finish preaching, you can discuss it with your friends or who is with you or whatever, so i think yeah during the preaching you can't interrupt ot ask)

um one..i am not an atheist..i am theist..
second i was not attacking your choice,
i can respect your choice of religion, my point was not to disrespect your religion but help you to validate it for others.(maybe validate is not the correct word)
ah ok i see

i am a contractor,in order for me to get work i must sell myself, to do that i cannot come into someones home and just preach to them of my good points, i have to answer their questions in order for them to believe i am the best person for the job. once i have answered their questions to their satisfaction, then they tend to grant me a certain amount of authority to do their work.
there's a difference between, preaching and teaching, teaching, when you talk about, what the others don't know, and, to make them learn, and as i said, in islam, you HAVE to ask in order to be convinced, while in preaching, it's more like, choose a subject that the people knows, and are interrested in, and, like to make, a poet for example, the poet is heard and not discussed when you are hearing it

you cannot rely on 'because i said so' as an answer.
this is the worst thing to do especially on a science forum. to get respected on a science forum you have to show you have thought about it alot and not are just parroting what you have been told, (which is what i have noticed is the majority of the conversations here).

i agree, and that's not only when it is about relegion too

if your belief is strong enough it will withstand a little scrutiny.
don't let the hard questions derail your beliefs, take it as a challenge to confirm it.

yeah, (an rare exception: but, when i get answered the same question again and again, by the same person, who keeps turning in sicles, you can't discuss your point to someone who refuse it before you say it, means, not waiting to discuss it with you seriously, and keep bringing back arguments, that i already answered everything about it and with proofs, anyway, some, i don't know how to explain it, means, i think you faced that kind who keep turning you in circles, and answer on the same argument many many times, etc... that's when i give up and i know it is useless, because i will just, copy and past an older post)

Last edited:
Teaching does not require learning. If anyone has problems understanding that, they can google teaching def. and then they can disagree with a true statement.

:shrug: Seems dismissive to me.

well, not actually, i was answering on that saying that islam or quran, is copied and pasted directly from the bible
anyway i didnt mean to offend to dismiss any relegion or person, sorry if you took it as insult or mocking or something

Teaching does not require learning.
False.

If anyone has problems understanding that, they can google teaching def.
How about:
to impart knowledge of or skill in; give instruction in: She teaches mathematics.
to impart knowledge or skill to; give instruction to: He teaches a large class.
–verb (used without object)
to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction.
If no-one learns then you aren't teaching, you're just talking.

and then they can disagree with a true statement.
You're as bad as you ever were at definitions.

Good questions!

I suspect that part of the reason has to do with the concept of Trinity (and by extension the divinity of Jesus as Christ).

I think a clue as to your second question goes to the time it was created and what was going? I would love to know more, but there was Iconoclasm happening in Constantinople (730 and 787, when a change on the throne reversed the ban. The "Second Iconoclasm" was between 814 and 842) around that time and obviously the use of images in Islam somehow became a no no (although not so much to begin with) so perhaps some of that conflict spilled over into Syria and caused a schism? Also remember "Islam" didn't arrive until when? The 8th century? There were a LOT of different forms of Christianity and combination with Zoroastrianism (depending on the Persian Emperor's proclivity) and I imagine that when Persian/Syrian "Arabs" attempted to model their system after the Christians with an Islamic copy of the Pope and Christendom (Caliph and Caliphate) they needed to codify and solidify their religious doctrine - in order to aggregate and centralize their power (and start funneling in all the profits from the silk and spice trade route - which, in the end, is what all this came down to).

That's still just political reasons. My question was more in the line of- does God appoint a messenger for every culture? And if so, where are the books for other cultures?

Teaching does not require learning.

what is hard to understand, teach=to teach someone something he didnt know, and teaching accepts discussion effcorse, and to learn= to try to know, or asking and etc... about something, that he don't know good, or don't know etc....

That's still just political reasons. My question was more in the line of- does God appoint a messenger for every culture? And if so, where are the books for other cultures?

yeah, and it's noit actually always with books, and i saw once something about other books, besides quran and the bible and the jews book whatever is called, but are lost, and not perserved, the best perserved book was quran, it is the same since 1432 years.

Yes you are.

How about:
1.to impart knowledge of or skill in; give instruction in: She teaches mathematics.
to impart knowledge or skill to; give instruction to: He teaches a large class.
–verb (used without object)
to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction.

Nowhere in that definition states that teaching requires learning. You really are eager to embarrass yourself. It is what you and others made up to suit yourselves. You are wrong as ever.
If no-one learns then you aren't teaching, you're just talking.

Here you are again, showing off your misunderstanding of a simple def. such as "teaching."

You're as bad as you ever were at definitions.

Says the one that just proved himself wrong.

Back