The Holy Bible vs the Koran

Linda,

Cris, no offense to you really, but excuse me....I'm looking for an intelligent reponse to my post.
I haven't got time to prove this to you.
That’s OK, no Christian has yet been able to show that a real Jesus ever existed. I’m not expecting you will fair any better.

It wouldn't do any good anyway since you're obviously of a certain mindset that blocks truth from getting in.
Not really sure what you mean. It is simple fact – no one has yet shown that a real Jesus ever existed – in the absence of such evidence, mythology is the more likely scenario.

No offense intended, Cris...but I hear your complaint all the time and never take it seriously since I know Jesus is real and the Bible is the Word of God.
Not quite accurate. You don’t know either is true, you only believe they are true based on the words of others.

It would be like trying to prove pink fairies aren't real.
And we generally leave such claims open to considerations of credibility. It is not that we know they don’t exist but we have no reason to believe they might exist; similarly with Christian claims.

We know they're not AND Christians know God is real.
Well again no you don’t. You only believe on faith (a conviction of truth in the absence of evidence). And claims of a personal revelation cannot be distinguished from delusion, the later being well understood and common place.

Linda,

Prove that the Bible is the work of men.
What evidence is there of any other alternative?

Prove that obeying the Ten Commandments would not create a paradise.
Which set do you mean?

http://www.positiveatheism.org/crt/whichcom.htm

And let’s not forget the 10 punishments that accompany them –

Ten Punishments (Let's post these in the schoolroom!)

1. Exodus 22:20: He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
2. Leviticus 24:16: And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death.
3. Exodus 31:15: Whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
4. Exodus 21:15: He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
5. Exodus 21:17: He that curseth his father or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
6. Exodus 22:19: Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
7. Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
8. Leviticus 20:10: And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
9. Mark 16:16: He that believeth not, shall be damned.
10. Malachi 2:1-4: And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you. If you will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart to give glory to my name, ... behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces.

I know Jesus is real because I have personally met him, so there is no way I could believe otherwise. If I hadn't met him personally then I would be prey.
How do you distinguish that claim to the more believable explanation that you are deluded?

Cris, no offense to you really, but excuse me....I'm looking for an intelligent reponse to my post.
I haven't got time to prove this to you.
It wouldn't do any good anyway since you're obviously of a certain mindset that blocks truth from getting in.
No offense intended, Cris...but I hear your complaint all the time and never take it seriously since I know Jesus is real and the Bible is the Word of God.
It would be like trying to prove pink fairies aren't real.
We know they're not AND Christians know God is real.

Hi Linda,

Sorry to be late to the party. I assume by "intelligent response" you wish to hear opinions which are in accord with your views. Someone shoulds have told you that you have come to the wrong place. Why not visit a Christian site, where a warm welcome awaits you. Your only problem will be choosing one from amomg the hundred of sects. Good hunting !

Well, looks like I stumbled upon a hellhole on the web filled with atheists, pagans and heathens and witches.
Prove God?
It is understood by the sane that there is a God!
I realize that atheists and company are appointed by God to be atheists and company.
I hold nothing against atheists since they have no choice but to be atheists.
I don't have to prove anything, though I could, it would be a waste of time.
I don't try to nail jelly to walls.
I will go where there are minds that can think!
Go ahead post your vicious violent mean and ugly responses...
and post it...then read your own post...watch me I will not be back after I'm done posting tonight.
Go ahead...knock yourselves out attacking me..only I won't read your responses.
LOL.
You will preach to the choir!

Pity. Just how does one break through that immense barrier of irrational religious indoctrination?

Every statement in Linda's final post has an error either from indoctrination, the very narrow-minded perspective of the theist, or simple logical fallacy. Those are huge hurdles to overcome and typical of so many. How can civilization grow when there are such bizarre and false perspectives?

Well, looks like I stumbled upon a hellhole on the web filled with atheists, pagans and heathens and witches.
Prove God?
I realize that atheists and company are appointed by God to be atheists and company.
and post it...then read your own post...watch me I will not be back after I'm done posting tonight.
LOL.

So, this is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going "la, la, la, I can't hear you..."

What would it hurt to actually discuss the philosophy of religion like a human being? Are you that weak?

Plenty of perfectly sane people not only disbelieve in the Christian God, you yourself disbelieve in thousands of other Gods, yet for some reason you have decided to accept the Christian one.

I'm not mean. What is mean about what I said? Try thinking for a change. Otherwise your presense here will not be missed. Maybe God told you to come here and talk to someone who doesn't think exactly like you do.

Prove God?
LOL.

That was beautiful.

Pity. Just how does one break through that immense barrier of irrational religious indoctrination?

No question, Linda's gone beyond reason. It's sad really. She could be teaching your kid at Sunday School someday.

I don't think the barrier can be broached in Linda's case. She needs an exorcism just to get back to being insane.

Prove God?

Of course.

Because only sane people would believe in some mythical super natural being, who impregnated a virgin, sent an angel to inform her of her impending motherhood and that she was giving birth to the son of God, have said woman then marry another man who then drags her across the countryside to give birth in a barn, and who then brings the child up as his own, knowing it is not his but "the son of god". Said son then takes to traveling the countryside, gathering the flock, telling them he is the son of God. Son also speaks to God, is killed by those who view him to be a heretic (who wouldn't really?), then his body supposedly rises to heaven, blah blah blah.

Yes, of course only sane people would believe in the above ^^.:rolleyes:

I appointed myself as an atheist when I realised that there was no God. *Gasp*.. shocking I know, but it's true.

Of course. And you go back and read about how your God killed the first born son's of so many people and then convince yourself, 'yes, he is a benevolent and loving God'.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Well, Linda, what better place to evangelize? Let your God work amongst the wicked...

P.S. - witches are kind of cool...

If we have no choice but to be atheists, then God wanted to keep us from salvation, which means he's not omnibenevolent. He deliberately sends people to certain damnation. So either we do have free will, or he doesn't exist.

Linda7777; said:
The Torah was given to us about 2500 years before Muhammed was even born, so why would I think I should believe the Koran later and not Holy Bible before?

Why?
Well in following bible belt logic...the New Testament supercedes the Old Testament and is the new covenant and the OT is obsolete,therefore following this pattern the Quaran came after the NewTestament so it is an even newer covenant.;)

Back