The Essentials of Islam

Questinos and answers about Islam

Greetings all,

The aim of this thread is to write the answers of the scholars about Islam. There must be threads which people can get benefit of. We have to tell each other about the information and the sites we have got benefit of. I notice that most of the threads discuss topics that they don't have knowledge about. In our life if we don't know something, we rely on experts. We believe what they say and follow the. Thus, in the field of health, we rely upon doctors; in matters of law upon lawyers and so forth. For religion, we need to ask scholars and write some of their work to know the right way to our God. Discussing with common people about religion is unreliable. In this matter, common people are guilty of strange errors in perception and judgment.

What is Islam?

[READ MORE]

Last edited by a moderator:
If islam is the same divine truth as "revealed" to all these religious characters, why does it diverge so strongly from them? Why are they considered with such scorn by islam?

Very often one will hear the Arabic word "Allah" being used in regards to Islam. The word "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for Almighty God, and is the same word used by Arabic speaking Christians and Jews. If one were to pick up an Arabic translation of the Bible, one would see the word "Allah" being use where the word "God" is used in English. Actually, the Arabic word for Almighty God, "Allah", is quite similar to the word for God in other Semitic languages — for example, the Hebrew word for God is "Elah".
I recall reading somewhere that the word ALLAH is actually two words - AL meaning 'The'...and LAH meaning 'God'.

True?

Discussing with common people about religion is unreliable. In this matter, common people are guilty of strange errors in perception and judgment.

And Mohammed was a common person. Placing trust in so-called "scholars" of not so ancient stories used to control your life is a strange error in judgement.

Greetings all,

The aim of this thread is to write the answers of the scholars about Islam. There must be threads which people can get benefit of. We have to tell each other about the information and the sites we have got benefit of. I notice that most of the threads discuss topics that they don't have knowledge about. In our life if we don't know something, we rely on experts. We believe what they say and follow the. Thus, in the field of health, we rely upon doctors; in matters of law upon lawyers and so forth. For religion, we need to ask scholars and write some of their work to know the right way to our God. Discussing with common people about religion is unreliable. In this matter, common people are guilty of strange errors in perception and judgment.

What is Islam?

Thanks for providing propaganda, but I think you'll find many threads here explaining what Islam really is.

If islam is the same divine truth as "revealed" to all these religious characters, why does it diverge so strongly from them? Why are they considered with such scorn by islam?

GeoffP, I answered your question but it was deleted, so I'll write it again.

A brief history of the prophets might clear the point for you.

The first human, Adam, followed Islam, in that he directed worship to God alone and none else and abided by His commandments.

[READ MORE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for providing propaganda, but I think you'll find many threads here explaining what Islam really is.

I am not providing a propaganda but I am trying to show the truth of Islam which has been portrayed to be something that it is not by the media of the West.

My apologies nature, I misspoke myself: what I mean is, if all the People of the Book are worshipping the same god, why does islam say that they have strayed? Why does it consider Judaism and Christianity with scorn?

all i know is that the koran implies that if your not a muslim you should be a jew or a chriastian

Rather, muslim men may only marry non-muslim women who believe in a monotheistic religion. Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-muslim men of any religion. "Take ye not as protectors".

My apologies nature, I misspoke myself: what I mean is, if all the People of the Book are worshipping the same god, why does islam say that they have strayed? Why does it consider Judaism and Christianity with scorn?

Jews and Christians are much closer to Muslims than idolaters but some of the people of the book deviated from the right path.
The Glorious Qur’an is accurate and fair in addressing the People of the Book and that it neither ignores the virtues of the righteous and fair-minded ones amongst them, nor disregards the crookedness of those who are wicked and unfaithful. In this connection, the Glorious Qur’an unequivocally proclaims:

"Not all of them are alike: of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (for the right); they rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: they are in the ranks of the righteous. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for Allah knows well those that do right" (Al `Imran: 113-115).

When the Glorious Qur’an depicts the People of the Book as “believers” or “Muslims,” it is referring to those who believed in the Prophet of their time as long as there were no other Prophets sent by Allah during their lifetime. Also, in this context, it refers to those who believed in their Prophet, and then they believed in the next Prophet when he was sent to them. In contrast, those who believed in a Prophet and disbelieved in the former or the latter prophets are not believers.
In Islam those who passed away before the mission of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) while believing in their Prophets, would be rewarded by Allah the Almighty, according to the Qur’anic verse that reads:

"Those who believe (in the Qur’an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians, any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Al-Baqarah: 62).

Moreover, those who believed in their Prophet as well as in Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) shall have a double reward with Allah the Most High, as the Qur’an says:

"O you who believe! Fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a Light by which you shall walk (straight in your path), and He will forgive you (your past): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" (Al-Hadid: 28).

Mohammed was jealous of the Jews and Christians, so he invented an Arab religion. He's no different that Joseph Smith (Mormonism), or L. Ron Hubbard(Scientology).

I would like to hear about Mohammed in your own words, not cut and pasted from your masters.

Like Christianity and Judaism, it was compiled from diverse sources, hence the contradictions. Many of other religions usurped the ideas from previous ones, Islam is no different. Islam was borrowed, in some cases word for word, from the Jews.

Jews and Christians are much closer to Muslims than idolaters but some of the people of the book deviated from the right path.
The Glorious Qur’an is accurate and fair in addressing the People of the Book and that it neither ignores the virtues of the righteous and fair-minded ones amongst them, nor disregards the crookedness of those who are wicked and unfaithful. In this connection, the Glorious Qur’an unequivocally proclaims:

"Not all of them are alike: of the People of the Book are a portion that stand (for the right); they rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: they are in the ranks of the righteous. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for Allah knows well those that do right" (Al `Imran: 113-115).

But, as you point out:

When the Glorious Qur’an depicts the People of the Book as “believers” or “Muslims,” it is referring to those who believed in the Prophet of their time as long as there were no other Prophets sent by Allah during their lifetime. Also, in this context, it refers to those who believed in their Prophet, and then they believed in the next Prophet when he was sent to them. In contrast, those who believed in a Prophet and disbelieved in the former or the latter prophets are not believers.

In other words, Christians and Jews who don't believe in Mohammed are not "believers" and therefore the nice parts of Al Imran don't apply to them. So Christians and Jews are good, and non-deviant...so long as they're not really Christians or Jews.

:rolleyes:

Nature, I deleted your more recent post. It was obvious proselytizing, which isn't welcome. The title of the thread is "essentials" of Islam and the Religion Subforum of a science board isn't the place to preach your superstition to the infidels. Sorry. Find another place.

In this forum, we should focus on critical review of religious issues and how they affect science and science policy more than "why my religion is right." Following that same grain, perhaps the threads that go on about "how your religion is BS" should be filtered as well.

Regardless, there are plenty of places on the internet where you can preach your superstitions. In this place, lets look at how religion and science affect each other.

Greetings SkinWalker,

The only reason for deleting my post is because it shows the truth of Islam from authentic sources. Believe me you can delete posts but you can’t delete this religion because it is the plan of Allah that Islam will prevail over all religions and Islam will be the “Religion of Future” because it is the “Religion of Allah” and “Religion of Nature”.

You wrote:
The title of the thread is "essentials" of Islam and the Religion Subforum of a science board isn't the place to preach your superstition to the infidels. Sorry. Find another place.

Comment:
The title of the thread was “Questions and answers about Islam” but you deleted. You have to know that the questions and answers I have posted are the essentials of Islam.

You wrote:
In this place, let’s look at how religion and science affect each other.

Comment:

Great scientists have been affected by the Qura’n and this religion. The Qur’an draws attention to a wide range of physical phenomena in order to teach moral lessons. The statements were not meant to teach science. Yet modern scientists are amazed at the accuracy of these statements. For example, the Qur’an said things about the growth and development of the human embryo which could not be studied without the use of a microscope. Dr. Keith Moore was professor and chairman of the Department of Anatomy at the University of Toronto. After reviewing the Qur’anic statements he said: "I am amazed at the accuracy of these statements which were already made in the 7th century AD." Such knowledge in the Qur’an points to God as its source.

May Allah guide you to the right path.

Back