The Essentials of Islam

Greetings all,

One of the essentials of Islam is that the creator in Islam is neither a man, nor an animal or a plant or also an idol or statue of any kind, because none of these mentioned can create itself or causes anything. Certainly, He must be different from His creation. Reason tells us that the maker must be greater than the things which he makes. Hence, enlightened men recognize the Creator and call Him Allah.

To begin from a position of that which has yet to demonstrate itself beyond myth, adding more assumptions, and then proclaim that reason leads you to arrive at an absolute conclusion for which only the 'enlightened' may claim, does not preclude the fact that any such whimsical fairy tale one may entertain be equally valid.

I am not providing a propaganda but I am trying to show the truth of Islam which has been portrayed to be something that it is not by the media of the West.

No, what you are showing is the propagandized version of Islam, not to be confused with the actual practices.

The NT makes the same claim the Qur’an does on the invisible traits of God, as seen above in the quote from Nature, posted by Encephalonean, which proves the NT is true: Romans 1:20-23 “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man (Jesus is a man) and birds and four-footed beasts and creeping things…. who exchanged the truth of God for the LIE, and worshiped and served the creature (worshipped Jesus) rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.”

Paul told the truth above, saying fools will exchange the truth of God for a lie, and follow the lie. Then soon after Paul proves what he said earlier by actually telling a lie, and the fools will believe it: Romans 3:4. “ Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a LIAR. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, and may overcome when You are judged.'' (Paul is a man.)

Then again Romans 3:7 “For if the truth of God has increased through my LIE to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? (He warned the reader a second time.)

Then Paul takes verses out of context, which means he builds a foundation to support his LIES: Romans 3:10 “ As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; there is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God.”(Paul warned the reader a third time that what follows is a lie.)

Jesus seeks for God, and so does Peter, also Mohammed, and millions of others seek for God, therefore Paul, to those who can reason, is obviously lying, but the fools, billions of them, for about 2000 years so far, fell for the lie, and can not think like a scientist, not even remotely. Once Paul has proven he will lie, thereafter Paul will teach Jesus was crucified, when he was not, and teach that Jesus is God, when he is not, and teach that your sins are forgiven by believing in Jesus, when they are not, and Paul will teach many other lies. If only Muslims would apply logic, and read the NT, they would see the Qur’an told them not to believe these lies. The Qur’an and Bible work together to show the truth, if only one would read, and would use logic. If they did, world peace could come, but so far all I find are fools, or jokesters who like to play games.

The NT makes the same claim the Qur’an does on the invisible traits of God, as seen above in the quote from Nature, posted by Encephalonean, which proves the NT is true
So two sources agreeing mean proof? How many physics books do you need to "prove" that the creation myth is wrong?

If only Muslims would apply logic, and read the NT, they would see the Qur’an told them not to believe these lies. The Qur’an and Bible work together to show the truth, if only one would read, and would use logic.
Your logic resides on your interpretation. Again, how many books agreeing with each other make the truth?

but so far all I find are fools, or jokesters who like to play games.
And which category would you put yourself in?

fell for the lie, and can not think like a scientist, not even remotely. Once Paul has proven he will lie, thereafter Paul will teach Jesus was crucified, when he was not, and teach that Jesus is God, when he is not, and teach that your sins are forgiven by believing in Jesus, when they are not, and Paul will teach many other lies. If only Muslims would apply logic, and read the NT, they would see the Qur’an told them not to believe these lies. The Qur’an and Bible work together to show the truth, if only one would read, and would use logic. If they did, world peace could come, but so far all I find are fools, or jokesters who like to play games.

I call Happeh.

I understand that most of you people probably have no interest in what Muslims views on Islam. Yet some people on this forum may be interested, so this is why I feel it is my duty as a Muslim to give a proper view, from the Muslim side, of Islamic theology. If anyone has questions, please ask simple straight forward questions. We will try to answer them diligently.

Since the Quran says the Bible was valid when Mohammed was dictated the verses by the angel Gabriel,

The Injeel was valid when it was given to Messiah Jesus (peace be to him), yet it was changed through various additions and subtractions. The Bible is only a corrupted form of its original form, this corrupted form existed during the time of the Prophet. This is the Muslim belief.

All over the Internet can be found the saying of Mohammed that a time will come when Muslims are taken over by the Devil.

Please provide a citation. I have never heard this. This sounds like a fabrication.

That does not mean all Muslims, but most will be taken by the Devil. Even the Qur’an says the same for not only Muslims, but a day will come for most of the entire world where the Devil controls them. Shouldn’t Muslims believe in the Qur’an, and not deny it? If they would accept the Qur’an they might have a chance to stand against the Devil.

Such a verse does not exist in the Quran, someone obviously made this fabrication to convince those unfamiliar with Islamic texts of their own viewpoint.

Peter proves that the real intent of Jesus was to give the NT to the world, or gentiles whether the Jews ever accepted Jesus, or not.

As Muslims, we believe Jesus (peace be to him) was sent as the Messiah (savior) of the Jews to guide them after they had fallen into error. He was not sent specifically for the gentiles. Prophet Muhammad (peace be to him) was the last messenger, sent to all mankind. Only a minority of Muslims are Arabs.

That is why the Church, and even the Mosque are to be built upon Peter, for Peter submits to God.

The Mosque was built and founded by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his teachings, which is a continuation of the message of all the other prophets.

Christianity is universal therefore it must include the Qur’an, and it does. The Greek NT only needs to be accurately translated into English. If the Qur’an, and the discoveries about the pure NT are accepted, then Muslims will have to accept the NT is accurate, and then study the NT, and learn how to verify what the Qur’an says about the NT, which means applying the scientific method. By not applying scientific methods we have the mess found today in the Islamic world where the Qur’an says one thing, but Muslims go against it. Isn’t that what the devil would like to see?

This all presumes Christianity is correct and Islam is wrong.

Islam is the worship of One God without any children or partners, and no chosen race. This is what Islam essentially is.

Because the NT is full of trickery, that leads to a quick belief by Muslims that the NT is corrupted, which then leads Muslims to do what should make one shudder: They deny the Qur’an by saying the NT, Injeel, was lost, or is very impure.

Referring to the corrupted Torat and Injeel.

(2.79) Woe, then, to those who write the book with their hands and then say: This is from Allah, so that they may take for it a small price; therefore woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.

However, the Qur’an says the NT is fine, and will bring Christians to God, if followed properly.

(2:62) Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

This refers to those who follow the true scriptures, not the present corrupted Torat or Injeel. Also, this shows the most important part of belief is the Oneness of God, if Islam was never shown to them.

Danross, who is myself, has talked to hundreds of scholars of Islam, including those who speak many languages, but they will never enter into a dialogue with him that extends more than five minutes, or two emails at most.

Both nature and I are prepared to enter into a dialogue with you, but have to cite the Quran verses and also prove that the ahadith you talk about actually exist.

The quote of Nature “If you read, you don’t understand. If you understand, you don’t apply what you have understood.” has a similarity found in the Qur’an, chapter 7, verse 179, which is a repeat of what Jesus said , who quoted Isaiah: Matthew 13:14-15 "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: `Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; for the heart of this people has grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their heart and turn, so that I should heal them.' “

7.177. Evil as an example are people who reject Our signs and wrong their own souls.

178. Whom Allah doth guide,- he is on the right path: whom He rejects from His guidance,- such are the persons who perish.

179. Many are the Jinns and men we have made for Hell: They have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle,- nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning).

However, Jesus said this to his close disciples, those who submit: Matthew 13:16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;” Jesus also taught reincarnation, and logically since he did so, then reincarnation must also be found in the Qur’an, where it can be found in several places, but then one can not be unperceiving.

Prove that the Quran mentions reincarnation. As Muslims, we completely reject reincarnation.

Many so called Muslims can memorize a good number of things, and appear brilliant, even becoming scholars, but practically speaking they are a nuisance to themselves, and to the rest of mankind: those who can think in a practical manner. The rain man was confined, and placed as ward of a guardian. I contend that one billion Muslims should be treated similarly, unless any one of them can prove to be different.
Let no such mentally defective Muslim be allowed to walk freely in the western civilized world, unless accompanied by a guardian, who can think logically.
Is it: If a billion flies eat “s***” that does not mean you will eat it too? Are you a Muslim Oli?

I am still suprised at what kind of comments are allowed on this forum. natures posts were deleted, yet all the posts insulting Muslims in such an inhumane way are still allowed to appear. This is definately a big problem with the moderators on this forum. Blatant Bias and Racism. I still can't believe that no moderator has yet removed the offensive cartoons on this thread.

Oli, please,
In the post of danross it said that there was no verse in the Qur'an that says the Injeel is falsified. Therefore all one needs do is show one verse that proves danross wrong to prove him wrong.

[3.71] O followers of the Book[Jews and Christians]! Why do you confound the truth with the falsehood and hide the truth while you know?

5.66] And if they had kept up the Taurat and the Injeel and that which was revealed to them from their Lord, they would certainly have eaten from above them and from beneath their feet there is a party of them keeping to the moderate course, and (as for) most of them, evil is that which they do

Following the Quran is following the original Torat and Injeel as both of the message of these books is continued in the Quran. The present Bible and Torat are corrupted.

Peace

danross said:
This Sciforum member must conclude, just as much as he would hope this were not true, that most of the Muslim world are like the savant in the story “Rain Man.” Many so called Muslims can memorize a good number of things, and appear brilliant, even becoming scholars, but practically speaking they are a nuisance to themselves, and to the rest of mankind: those who can think in a practical manner.

Yes, indeed. Their religion, and religion in general has created an infantile breed of men, unable to deal with the emerging truths of 21st century knowledge except to shut them out.

DH, I'm sorry your friend's posts were deleted, but what "race" is islam again? As for calling other people's books corrupted: you have to kind of prove that first, otherwise it's just opinion.

From the Qur’an, Chapter 17 “Children of Israel“ verses , 61-64. …I (Called Iblis by Muslims, or the Devil by Christians) will bring his progeny into complete subjugation, except a very few. …God said: mislead any of them with your voice (The Devil‘s voice can sound like Gabriel’s voice)…

There is also Chapter, 38 “Sad,“ verses 73-86, which says near the same, where the Devil will take almost every one, except the slaves of God. The slaves of God are people like Mohammed, or Jesus, and his apostles, who are not many, so that means most will be lead astray. There is hope, keep reading.

The Qur’an talks of people like “DiamondHearts” who leads people astray, who does the bidding of Iblis. DiamondHearts makes many statements of pure fabrication, all the while he says others make fabrications. Every Muslim I have ever met is like him, proving that Iblis has taken almost all. Here is a website that asks for the application of scientific reasoning, not the application of denial, and fabrications: http://home.earthlink.net/~donutnous/

"3.71] O followers of the Book[Jews and Christians]! Why do you confound the truth with the falsehood and hide the truth while you know?"

Muslims like DiamondHearts confound the truth with falsehood, therefore that verse can be used just as well to say the Qur’an is false. The Qur’an says Muslims will do the same to the Qur’an as that found in 3.71. DiamondHearts can show those verses as easily as I can. I will not insult myself, nor intelligent readers by showing such easy to find verses that a child can find. Why doesn’t he be impartial? Why his hatred of the Book?

“5.66] And if they had kept up the Taurat and the Injeel and that which was revealed to them from their Lord, they would certainly have eaten from above them and from beneath their feet there is a party of them keeping to the moderate course, and (as for) most of them, evil is that which they do”

Again, if one does not follow their Holy Book, no matter what it is, whether the OT, NT, Qur’an, Hindu Holy Books, Buddhist Holy Books, and so on, they will not fair well, but if they do follow the moderate course, they will fair fine. Therefore that verse DiamondHeart thought proved the Injeel is false, proves it is true.

Every Muslim I have met has confused the falsehoods of the believers to mean their Holy Book is false.

This seems absurd to have to make such a simple comparison, for this should insult anyone with some common sense, but it appears this comparison is required. DH, and every Muslim I have ever met appears to be saying that if one has an advanced book of Physics on their desk, validated as true by the scientific community, that whoever owns that book also has a Ph. D. in physics, even if they can not read, nor understand one aspect of physics. Anyone with the least amount of sense knows that any book that is true does not make the believer true, nor does a false believer make a true book false.

From the Qur’an, Chapter 17 “Children of Israel“ verses , 61-64. …I (Called Iblis by Muslims, or the Devil by Christians) will bring his progeny into complete subjugation, except a very few. …God said: mislead any of them with your voice (The Devil‘s voice can sound like Gabriel’s voice)…

17:61. Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": They bowed down except Iblis: He said, "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"

62. He said: "Seest Thou? this is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway - all but a few!"

63. ((Allah)) said: "Go thy way; if any of them follow thee, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all)- an ample recompense.

64. "Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.

65. "As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them:" Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs.

Please provide the Quranic verses in context just as I have demonstrated. Reading a simple verse does not make you a scholar. You must be familiar about the Quranic story from other verses, along with the Hadith.

The commentary on this verse is that satan is speaking of misguiding many of the children of Adam (peace be to him), and Allah (swt) says those who serve God (Muslims) will not be under the satan's influence.

There is also Chapter, 38 “Sad,“ verses 73-86, which says near the same, where the Devil will take almost every one, except the slaves of God. The slaves of God are people like Mohammed, or Jesus, and his apostles, who are not many, so that means most will be lead astray. There is hope, keep reading.

38:77. ((Allah)) said: "Then get thee out from here: for thou art rejected, accursed.

78. "And My curse shall be on thee till the Day of Judgment."

79. (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."

80. ((Allah)) said: "Respite then is granted thee-

81. "Till the Day of the Time Appointed."

82. (Iblis) said: "Then, by Thy power, I will put them all in the wrong,-

83. "Except Thy Servants amongst them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."

84. ((Allah)) said: "Then it is just and fitting- and I say what is just and fitting-

85. "That I will certainly fill Hell with thee and those that follow thee,- every one."

The Qur’an talks of people like “DiamondHearts” who leads people astray, who does the bidding of Iblis. DiamondHearts makes many statements of pure fabrication, all the while he says others make fabrications. Every Muslim I have ever met is like him, proving that Iblis has taken almost all.

Your reading of the Quran is highly subjective and without any coherence. I have the right to explain the Quran, being a student of Islamic theology, while you do not have that same right. It is obvious by your post that you don't understand the Quran or Islam.

Muslims don't follow satan, this is a strange idea invented by those who don't understand Islam.

40.66 Say: I am forbidden to serve those whom you call upon besides Allah when clear arguments have come to me from my Lord, and I am commanded that I should submit to the Lord of the worlds.

Here is a website that asks for the application of scientific reasoning, not the application of denial, and fabrications: http://home.earthlink.net/~donutnous/

Is this your website?

"3.71] O followers of the Book[Jews and Christians]! Why do you confound the truth with the falsehood and hide the truth while you know?"

Muslims like DiamondHearts confound the truth with falsehood, therefore that verse can be used just as well to say the Qur’an is false.

This refers to a section of the people of the book. Also related in the Quran is this:

3:75. Among the People of the Book are some who, if entrusted with a hoard of gold, will (readily) pay it back; others, who, if entrusted with a single silver coin, will not repay it unless thou constantly stoodest demanding, because, they say, "there is no call on us (to keep faith) with these ignorant (Pagans)." but they tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it.

Prove where I have mixed truth with falsehood and prove this from the Quran. I have studied the Quran long enough to easily disprove your silly interpretations.

The Qur’an says Muslims will do the same to the Qur’an as that found in 3.71. DiamondHearts can show those verses as easily as I can. I will not insult myself, nor intelligent readers by showing such easy to find verses that a child can find. Why doesn’t he be impartial? Why his hatred of the Book?

The Quran says that it cannot be changed:

[17.88] Say: If men and jinn should combine together to bring the like of this Quran, they could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others.

a challenge:

10:37. This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than Allah. on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the worlds.

38. Or do they say, "He forged it"? say: "Bring then a Sura like unto it, and call (to your aid) anyone you can besides Allah, if it be ye speak the truth!"

39. Nay, they charge with falsehood that whose knowledge they cannot compass, even before the elucidation thereof hath reached them: thus did those before them make charges of falsehood: but see what was the end of those who did wrong!

another challenge:

33. Or do they say, "He fabricated the (Message)"? Nay, they have no faith!

34. Let them then produce a recital like unto it,- If (it be) they speak the truth!

2.59] But those who were unjust changed it for a saying other than that which had been spoken to them, so We sent upon those who were unjust a pestilence from heaven, because they transgressed.

“5.66] And if they had kept up the Taurat and the Injeel and that which was revealed to them from their Lord, they would certainly have eaten from above them and from beneath their feet there is a party of them keeping to the moderate course, and (as for) most of them, evil is that which they do”

5:65. If only the People of the Book had believed and been righteous, We should indeed have blotted out their iniquities and admitted them to gardens of bliss.

66. If only they had stood fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There is from among them a party on the right course: but many of them follow a course that is evil.

The key word here is IF ONLY. The problem is that they did not preserve the original Torat and Injeel. This is why Allah (swt) sent the Prophet Muhammad (peace be to him) to bring a book which could never be changed and would last forever. A book confirming and expanding what came before.

Again, if one does not follow their Holy Book, no matter what it is, whether the OT, NT, Qur’an, Hindu Holy Books, Buddhist Holy Books, and so on, they will not fair well, but if they do follow the moderate course, they will fair fine. Therefore that verse DiamondHeart thought proved the Injeel is false, proves it is true.

Every Muslim I have met has confused the falsehoods of the believers to mean their Holy Book is false.

The book is changed, there are too many discrepancies in the modern Bible.

This seems absurd to have to make such a simple comparison, for this should insult anyone with some common sense, but it appears this comparison is required. DH, and every Muslim I have ever met appears to be saying that if one has an advanced book of Physics on their desk, validated as true by the scientific community, that whoever owns that book also has a Ph. D. in physics, even if they can not read, nor understand one aspect of physics. Anyone with the least amount of sense knows that any book that is true does not make the believer true, nor does a false believer make a true book false.

You are looking at the Quran and Bible from a different view than Muslims and a view which is essentially the opposite of the Quran while still proclaiming you follow the Quran. Because you have read a few isolated verses does not qualify you a scholar of the Quran, and definately not a scholar on Islam.

I think this same characterization can go for most people on this forum who want to speak of Islam with little to no knowledge. Rash generalizations and incoherent arguments only further destroy your point.

Some "Essentials" of Islam:

An Atheist's Guide to Mohammedanism
Although Mohammed is believed to have been born in the year 570 or 571 CE, it is not known what name he was given by his mother. Mohammed ('praiseworthy' or 'highly praised') is obviously an honorific title, not a name. In fact, once in the Qur’an (at 61:6) he is called ’Ahmad, which in Arabic means 'more praiseworthy', and at times his contemporaries are said to have called him al-’Amin, which means 'the trustworthy one'. Despite this problem, Muslims believe that Mohammed - whoever he may have been - was born in Mecca, an Arabian city supposed to have been located at the intersection of major caravan trade routes.

Ibn Warraq: Why I Am Not A Muslim
we [Muslims] will not get anywhere until we emphasise the things that we value, like separation of church and state, liberalism, democracy, the value of rationality, discussing our problems and so on. And yet our leaders have been incredibly remiss. They pour even more money into keeping people apart. It seems insane to me. Instead of teaching the new arrivals and new immigrants the language of the host community, mostly English in Britain of course, and in America and Australia, they're spending thousands of dollars and pounds on encouraging language teaching in Punjabi, in Urdu, in Hindi, it seems completely daft; how on earth can these people integrate and become a part of the community if they do not speak the language of that community?

The Logic of Allah's Existence
It seems that Islam, much like Christianity, keeps its believers in line via threats of eternal torment. With all due respect, the descriptions of Jahannam seem crude, and are only slightly more logical than the concept of hell in Christianity. Is this the point of your life? To avoid punishment at the hands of a being more powerful than you? Is that not coercion? To threaten someone, and say "do as I say, or I will punish you severely" is cruel, and very unbecoming of an allegedly merciful being. Furthermore, within the scope of eternity, no punishment seems all that bad.

The Skeptic's Annotated Koran
I invite [those] who haven't read the Quran to simple read the book. Take out a highlighter and highlight those lines that counsel the believer to despise infidels, and you will find a book that is just covered with highlighter.-- Sam Harris

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kil them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

An Introduction to Hadith
The Prophet said, 'Whoever keeps a (pet) dog which is neither a watch dog nor a hunting dog, will get a daily deduction of two Qirat from his good deeds.'

Islamic Science: Does Islamic literature contain scientific miracles?
To believe in the Qur'an is to not think rationally. There are numerous myths and scientific errors within the text of the Qur'an, and the Hadiths. Muslims accept many scientific absurdities with blind devotion. The world has matured as a whole, and has shed many of the fears and superstitions held by primitive cultures of the past. Unfortunately, because the text of the Qur'an is revered, people do not question many superstitious concepts that Muslims should have outgrown long ago.

Qur'an: A Work of Multiple Hands?
In the previously mentioned essay of Zulfikar Khan, numerous contradictions are mentioned. While Muslims may be able to explain away some, there are others that are simply inescapable. One example would be the contradiction between surah Ha Mim As-Sajdah 41:9-12 and surah An-Nazi'at 79:27-30. Here are the respective verses, courtesy of the scientifically conscious Ahmed Ali translation:

[Ha Mim As-Sajdah 41:9-12] Say "Do you refuse to believe in Him who created the earth in two spans of time, and set up compeers to Him, the Lord of all the worlds? He placed firm stabilisers rising above its surface, blessed it with plenty and growth, and ingrained the means of growing its food within it, sufficient for all seekers in four spans. Then he turned to the heavens, and it was smoke. So He said to it and the earth: "Come with willing obedience or perforce." They said: "We come willingly." Then he created several skies in two spans [...]

[An-Nazi'at 79:27-30] Are you more difficult to create or the heavens? He built it, Raised it high, proportioned it, gave darkness to its night, and brightness to its day; And afterward spread out the earth.

Each of the above sites go into great detail on the "essentials" of Islam, and I encourage any freethinker or reasoned skeptic to seek them out for a valid education on the "essentials" of Islam. I also recommend them for the curious Muslim who has been oppressed by threats of dire consequence of apostacy and the life-long indoctrination into the superstitions of Islam. It is here that you might begin to evaluate with an objective eye of a religion that openly discourages questions, inquiry and criticism -often with the consequence of injury or death.

Last edited:
No. Moderators aren't immune. I merely needed more time to make the post relevant by including quotes from the sites mentioned. Moreover, Nature's posts were deleted because he posted very large sections of other sites, often without attributing a single lick of source or citation. Clearly *not* what I have done, which is to provide valid resources for those that truly want to learn the "essentials" of Islam.

Please direct any additional meta-discussion to either PMs or the Site Feedback forum. Others in this thread will be deleted.

Some "Essentials" of Islam:

An Atheist's Guide to Mohammedanism

Ibn Warraq: Why I Am Not A Muslim

The Logic of Allah's Existence

The Skeptic's Annotated Koran

An Introduction to Hadith

Islamic Science: Does Islamic literature contain scientific miracles?

Qur'an: A Work of Multiple Hands?

Each of the above sites go into great detail on the "essentials" of Islam, and I encourage any freethinker or reasoned skeptic to seek them out for a valid education on the "essentials" of Islam. I also recommend them for the curious Muslim who has been oppressed by threats of dire consequence of apostacy and the life-long indoctrination into the superstitions of Islam. It is here that you might begin to evaluate with an objective eye of a religion that openly discourages questions, inquiry and criticism -often with the consequence of injury or death.

The essentials of Islam from non Muslims and atheists?

Is that like atheism from the point of view of a theist?

I also find it interesting that you post unsupported assertions by anonymous authors like "Ibn Warraq"

Herbert Berg has labelled him as polemical and inconsistent in his writing.[5] Fred Donner, a professor in Near Eastern studies, notes Ibn Warraq's lack of specialist training in Arabic studies, citing "inconsistent handling of Arabic materials," and unoriginal arguments. Donner also criticizes Ibn Warraq for what he describes as "heavy-handed favoritism" and "the compiler’s [Ibn Warraq] agenda, which is not scholarship, but anti-Islamic polemic." [6]

I also like how the Atheists guide to Mohammedanism completely ignores ALL aspects of eastern culture and "explains" Islam using Western caricatures. For example, how many non-Muslim people in the West can memorise and perfectly reproduce the Quran? I doubt if there is a single one. So that factor is NEVER considered when making ridiculous assumptions about the oral traditions of Arabs many of whom can recite the entire Quran from memory, a practice started by Omar, a contemporary of Mohammed.

Statements like this:

The second pillar of Islam, salat, is daily ritual prayer. This is mandatory only five times per day (at dawn, noon, mid-afternoon, sunset, and nighttime), but extremely religious Muslims such as suicide bombers and aerial terrorists usually pray more frequently.

are obviously based on research:

I've studied 462 suicide terrorists from around the world since 1980 who actually completed the mission. Over half are secular. The world leader is the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka: A Marxist group, a secular group, a Hindu group.

Instead of religion, what over 95 percent of all suicide terrorist attacks since 1980, all around the world have in common is a specific strategic goal, to compel modern democracies to withdraw combat forces from territory the terrorists prize greatly.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/terrorism/july-dec05/bombers_11-14.html

The loss of reasoning when applied to theism is laughable in atheists. This post is equivalent to any IAC post on evolution.

Last edited:
Messages by people like DiamondHearts proves that there is no thinking process going on what so ever, at least no better than “Rain man,“ in the movie called the same. Muslims murdering one another in Iraq, Shi-its killing Sunnis, and visa versa, proving they are out of their mind with rage, and nonsense. They both follow the Qur’an yet they find reasons to murder one another, and DiamondHearts shows good reason why. Archeological evidence proves the Injeel is as accurate as the Qur’an, but rather than accept the hard work of many dedicated scholars, people like DiamondHearts come up with nonsense to say it is all lies. What can you do with such people? Put them in asylums, lock them up, and hopefully pick through, and try to find the ones who are not near insane, or like rain man?

Messages by people like DiamondHearts proves that there is no thinking process going on what so ever, at least no better than “Rain man,“ in the movie called the same.

I welcome you to disprove me with evidence from the Quran and Islamic sources.

I have merely stated Islamic belief from a Muslim perspective. It is no coincidence that they don't agree with your generalizations. You have presented alot of disinformation of Islamic theology.

Muslims murdering one another in Iraq, Shi-its killing Sunnis, and visa versa, proving they are out of their mind with rage, and nonsense. They both follow the Qur’an yet they find reasons to murder one another, and DiamondHearts shows good reason why.

If we want to talk about Iraq, then we cannot leave out the US invasion and its favoring one group of traitors among some of the Shiat Arab people while condemning the rest of the country, Sunni Arabs and Shiat leaders who disagree with the US interference in their nation. To bring this issue to a religious war is extremely foolish as their was no warfare between the groups before or during Saddam Hussein's rule. This started only when the US invaded and started meddling in the affairs of the sovereign nation.

Archeological evidence proves the Injeel is as accurate as the Qur’an, but rather than accept the hard work of many dedicated scholars, people like DiamondHearts come up with nonsense to say it is all lies.

Please provide a link for this evidence.

I believe that the Injeel has been changed because it is not consistent with monotheism (trinity), edited by many authors, and does not agree with what I believe to be the message of Hazrat Jesus (peace be to him) from what the Quran teaches.

The Quran clearly states that both the Torat and Injeel are changed. I assume this is what we were debating in the first place.

DH, as I believe I've pointed out to you, trinitarianism is not polytheism. Are you permitted to judge other religions, whereas no one is then permitted to judge yours? What does Mohammed - he who says "oppression is worse than slaughter" and then commands that unbelievers must be made to "feel themselves oppressed" - say about hypocrites and their impending punishment? And, as for illustrating errors in the Quran, does not the above qualify as a bit of hypocrisy also?

Simple; personality extension into other aspects. It's astounding that you have this god who you think can do everything and all things, and yet he can't have other aspects. Beyond him. Must mean he has a personality disorder. I'm sure I've heard that putting limits on God isn't a good idea. :rolleyes:

Now: how about that apostacy thing. Fair's fair, you know.

Back