The Essentials of Islam

True, but Islam is derived from an Arabic rootword carrying a meaning of peace.

The question is how do Muslims define 'peace' and how do they keep it? Historically, by not submitting to Allah, there can be no peace.

No, because it involves a lot of commitment to be able to practice Islam faithfully.

2: 177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces toward East or West; but it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the Last Day and the Angels and the Book and the Messengers; to spend of your substance out of love for Him for your kin for orphans for the needy for the wayfarer for those who ask and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer and practice regular charity; to fulfill the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient in pain (or suffering) and adversity and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth the Allah-fearing.

do you believe in ISLAM SAM? Because if you dont...and if I was muslim...time to repay for those sins SAM.

Sorry thats not your job, or anyone else's:D

Whoever obeys the Messenger, he has indeed obeyed Allah; and as for he who turns away, We have not sent you [O Muhammad!] as a keeper over them (4.80).

Then, what about the hypocrites such as yourself who don't?

Why do you call religious people hypocrites for not following their religion when you don't even believe that the religion has any useful meaning at all?

Why do you call religious people hypocrites for not following their religion when you don't even believe that the religion has any useful meaning at all?

I think you answered your own question.

The question is how do Muslims define 'peace' and how do they keep it?
I wish this thread would answer that question. Unfortunatelty, so far, it has had too many useless posts.

Still... how can Islam be a religion of peace if so many verses in the Qu'ran urge people to fight and kill? Sounds kinda childish to me. Maybe Islam is outdated by a good few thousand years?

I wish I could see more peace...

I think you answered your own question.

So, technically, your usage of the word hypocrite is subjective?
If you believed in religion/spirituality at all, you might be more attuned to her arguments?

Essentially, you throw anything you don't believe in. That's hypocritical for someone who believes in free thought, don't you think?

So, technically, your usage of the word hypocrite is subjective??
No it was technically objective, based on yet more evidence suggesting the hypocracy of religious wackos.
If you believed in religion/spirituality at all, you might be more attuned to her arguments?
Yes of course one would be more brainwashed(oops I mean "attuned") to her arguments if they believed in religion/spirituality.

Essentially, you throw anything you don't believe in. That's hypocritical for someone who believes in free thought, don't you think?

No, the definition of free speach is to throw in everything one doesnt believe in, as much as everything one does believe in.

Back