THE BIBLICAL EXODUS ACCOUNT

They only had stuff made of wood that didn't preserve well. Or it's all under a sand dune. It's true that lack of evidence makes the exodus unlikely, but we can't say it's false with 100% certainty.

So, instead of saying:
"If it was true then evidence would have been found."
Say:
"If it was true then it is very likely that evidence would have been found."
That sounds reasonable.

So, instead of saying:
"If it was true then evidence would have been found."
Say:
"If it was true then it is very likely that evidence would have been found."
That sounds reasonable.

I have been showing you evidence that has been found. But it still needs more study to verify.
And there is more.

GREAT! Please show me all of the "peer reviewed" articles on this Site that were done by archeologists from around the world. I would be very interested in seeing them.

The only one I know of was done by a Saudi Arabia team. Got any more?
I already did.

There are several archaeologists working to document every single rock carving site in Saudi Arabia and to protect them. I have linked it a few times now.

photizo said:
It does meet the Biblical criteria, this why it is considered in the first place. It is directly stated that that Mt. Sinai is in Arabia. Arabia in the Bible is able to be determined by other quotes from the Bible. So much for the so called biggest problem
The bible states that the altar was built. Crafted if you will.

The site that Ron Wyatt "discovered" and which is the one that Seti keeps referring to are natural boulders with domestic animals carved into the stone.

And as I linked in a previous post, the petroglyphs represents the biggest contradiction. Moses destroyed the altar, remember and destroyed all evidence of the altar. But you think he left images of the golden calf (along with the other animals that are carved into the stone at the site) all over the boulders there?

Then of course comes the fact that the carvings are from the Neolithic period, which is supported by archaeological evidence of neolithic cattle farming practices. You do understand that, yes? The rock art "discovered" by Ron Wyatt and which you and Seti keep referring to were used by neolithic farmers as forms of defensive lines, to mark their territory, if you will. Hence why they are found all around Saudi Arabia.

Midian was in the North West of what is now Saudi Arabia. Not where Ron Wyatt changed the map and suddenly had it at the South. There is no evidence for the biblical exodus either.

The biblical Mt. Sinai is identified in Christian tradition with Jebel Musa in the south of the Sinai Peninsula, but this association dates only from the 3rd century CE and no evidence of the Exodus has been found there.​

"Questionable" is attributable to just about anything. "Inaccurate" based upon "most scholars agree"? Sounds like a toothpaste commercial.
Only if you brush your teeth with a twig and do not use or believe in toothpaste.

These are biblical scholars, archaeologists and experts in the field. Do you believe them and their expertise in the field? Or a nurse who has been widely discredited and panned by even his own evangelical church for being a fraud?

But you have the account, and the account is presented why? To deceive you? To give you a good laugh? To confirm you in unbelief? Face it, the biggest problem is your own heart and mind.
Do you understand the point that the numbers do not add up? That there is no actual documentation from that time of this even having occurred? At all? Not from the Egyptians or the Canaanites living in the area of Midian? None. Because you would think that over a million people marching for 40 years would have attracted some attention. But there is absolutely no evidence of it, no documentation from the time.

The Egyptians documented everything, yet they fail to mention that over a third of their population leaving? This so called population were, in biblical context, building the pyramids.. supposedly.. And yet, there is no evidence of them being in Egypt at that time nor having left it? What? The Egyptians didn't notice when work ceased on their monument building? They didn't notice over a million people leaving and failed to document it?

Captain Kremmen said:
If it was in Europe before 1500 BCE, then it would have been in Egypt well before 1300 BCE
Are you saying that one or the other or both have got their dates wrong?
The chariots match somewhat with the Jewish timeline.

However it still does not all add up:

William F. Albright, the leading biblical archaeologist of the mid-20th century, proposed an alternative 13th century date of around 1250–1200 BCE for the Exodus event and the entry into Canaan described in the book of Joshua.[44] (The Merneptah Stele indicated that a people called "Israel" were already known in Canaan by the reign of Merneptah (1213–1203 BCE), so a date later than this was impossible). His argument was based on many strands of evidence, including archaeologically attested destruction at Beitel (Bethel) and some other cities at around that period and the occurrence of distinctive house-types and round-collared jars which, in his opinion, were "Israelite".[44] Albright's theory enjoyed popularity at the time, but has now been generally abandoned in scholarship:[44] the so-called "Israelite" house-type, the collar-rimmed jars, and other items which Albright thought distinctive and new have now been recognised as continuations of indigenous Canaanite types,[45] and while some "Joshua" cities, including Hazor,Lachish, Megiddo and others, have destruction and transition layers around 1250–1145 BCE, others, including Jericho, have none or were uninhabited during this period.[46][47]

Details in the story hint that a complex and multilayered editing process has been at work: the Exodus cities of Pithom and Rameses, for example, were not inhabited during most of the New Kingdom period, and the forty years of wilderness wanderings are also full of inconsistencies and anachronisms.

There is no evidence at all to support it and scientists, archaeologists, biblical scholars have not found anything to support the exodus story. The timelines are all wrong. It was impossible for over a million people to have made that passage for over 40 years and not have left a single trace.

People who believe in the Ron Wyatt version, such as those who are posting his so called evidence in this thread, are not people who are interested in actual facts. Ron Wyatt has been widely discredited, by religious and non-religious groups because he was such a crank. There is absolutely no evidence at all of his version of the exodus as supported by Seti and photizo in this thread. The petroglyphs that Seti provided the images to predate the biblical exodus as spouted by Wyatt and his supporters by a fairly massive margin.

I already did.

There are several archaeologists working to document every single rock carving site in Saudi Arabia and to protect them. I have linked it a few times now.

Yes those guys are awesome. Thanks again for the link to their website. Can you give me a link to their analysis of the Jabal al Lawz site I am concerned about? I would love to see it!

There is no evidence at all to support it and scientists, archaeologists, biblical scholars have not found anything to support the exodus story. The timelines are all wrong. It was impossible for over a million people to have made that passage for over 40 years and not have left a single trace.

Good Point unless they did leave a single trace. Apparently it would only take a single piece of evidence? A single trace? To maybe kinda sorta indicate that we should at least consider some of the evidence that does exist?

Thought Not!

One thing I do know, this is nothing even remotely like Science. The Science world has to better than this, they have to be!

Last edited:
PIC12 GUARD HOUSE AND FENCE AT THE BASE OF THE MOUNTAIN FROM THE SOUTH.jpg

PIC12 GUARD HOUSE AND FENCE AT THE BASE OF THE MOUNTAIN FROM THE SOUTH

They are guarding this particular Site, this mere pile of unimportant rocks, with a fence and an armed guard.

Any ideas why?​

PIC13 SECURITY FENCE WARNING SIGN.JPG

PIC13 SECURITY FENCE WARNING SIGN -
POSTED AT THE MAIN SITE
WITH A SIMILAR ONE AT THE GOLDEN CALF ALTAR SITE AND
ANOTHER ONE AT THE MASS CEMETARY TO THE NORTH.​

Last edited:
I have been showing you evidence that has been found. But it still needs more study to verify.
And there is more.
Well, all evidence is not equal. There is "evidence" of UFOs, but that doesn't mean it's evidence of extra-terrestrial visitation.

Good Point unless they did leave a single trace. Apparently it would only take a single piece of evidence? A single trace? To maybe kinda sorta indicate that we should at least consider some of the evidence that does exist?

Thought Not!

One thing I do know, this is nothing even remotely like Science. The Science world has to better than this, they have to be!

A single trace indicating many thousands of people.
That would be a good start.
For example. Multiple fire pits.

Why do you need a rational explanation anyway?
A religious one will explain it.
If God wanted them to leave no trace, that is what would happen.
They moved through the wilderness, and left no trace.
Why should that present a problem when you believe in an omnipotent creator?

Last edited:
Finding a chariots wheels in the Sea that Moses supposedly crossed is odd because:

A) The story might actually be historically correct.
B) A chariot happened to be in the sea.

What is more likely?
You do realise that was a hoax, yes?

SetiAlpha6 said:
Yes those guys are awesome. Thanks again for the link to their website. Can you give me a link to their analysis of the Jabal al Lawz site I am concerned about? I would love to see it!
You can do a search on the site.

There are other papers that discuss the site in question in quite a bit of detail.

Thought Not!

There is no trace. Nothing at all. No pottery, no charcoal or evidence of fires, nothing at all.

Which is why even religious groups and biblical, Jewish and Islamic scholars reject Wyatt and his cohort's claims. There is no evidence to support it.

They are guarding this particular Site, this mere pile of unimportant rocks, with a fence and an armed guard.

Any ideas why?
Are you kidding?

The area contains Neolithic petroglyphs and other rock art. It is normal to fence off such areas to protect them from treasure hunters like Wyatt, for example, who trample on the area and take to it with picks trying to find gold (which is what he did and was arrested for twice for destroying historic sites). The only people allowed in such areas are archaeologists and other scientists. They also fence it off to prevent animals from clambering on or destroying the site, not to mention vehicles and they are also clearly marked to make sure military exercises and vehicles steer well clear to preserve it. Or do you think that any person can just clamber all over them and risk destroying them for good?

As a member of the International Council on Monuments and Sites, Saudi Arabia have an obligation to protect and preserve such sites. Which means, yes, fencing such sites off. And hence the giant signs on such sites warning people to not trespass. There are many other sites like it in Saudi Arabia which are fenced off to protect and preserve them.

You do realise that was a hoax, yes?

You can do a search on the site.

There are other papers that discuss the site in question in quite a bit of detail.

There is no trace. Nothing at all. No pottery, no charcoal or evidence of fires, nothing at all.

Which is why even religious groups and biblical, Jewish and Islamic scholars reject Wyatt and his cohort's claims. There is no evidence to support it.

Are you kidding?

The area contains Neolithic petroglyphs and other rock art. It is normal to fence off such areas to protect them from treasure hunters like Wyatt, for example, who trample on the area and take to it with picks trying to find gold (which is what he did and was arrested for twice for destroying historic sites). The only people allowed in such areas are archaeologists and other scientists. They also fence it off to prevent animals from clambering on or destroying the site, not to mention vehicles and they are also clearly marked to make sure military exercises and vehicles steer well clear to preserve it. Or do you think that any person can just clamber all over them and risk destroying them for good?

As a member of the International Council on Monuments and Sites, Saudi Arabia have an obligation to protect and preserve such sites. Which means, yes, fencing such sites off. And hence the giant signs on such sites warning people to not trespass. There are many other sites like it in Saudi Arabia which are fenced off to protect and preserve them.

There is disagreement over all of these things...

Here is a link to a Dissertation a man by the name of Charles Whittaker wrote on the subject if you are interested. But probably not.

http://jabalallawz.weebly.com/uploads/2/1/0/4/21048306/chuck_whittaker_jabal_al_lawz.pdf

Entitled: THE BIBLICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF JABAL AL LAWZ

Back