Splinter: Hating Muhammad

I simply choose to disagree with the choices that I find offensive to me as someone who believes that everyone should have the freedom of religion and expression [so long as they do not harm anyone] without being threatened with eviction.

Or threatened with extortion, as in the case of Islam dealing with other religions. One is only "free" to express, as long as they put up an ante, eh Sam?.

Or threatened with extortion, as in the case of Islam dealing with other religions. One is only "free" to express, as long as they put up an ante, eh Sam?.

Muslims are extorting you? I am truly sorry about that.

Muslims are extorting you? I am truly sorry about that.

Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Jizya is extortion, Sam.

No like you, I'm reading selectively.

e.g. Surah 9 beginning:

Freedom from all obligations is declared for those of the Mushrikun [disbelievers] with whom you have made a treaty.

If you read all the lines before the one you quoted, you realise that its a record of a specific instance of a broken treaty and obligations towards those who break the treaty of peace and how they are to be treated for doing so.

So unless you have recently broken any treaties or attacked anyone, you needn't worry about being fined or taxed for it.

Freedom from all obligations is declared for those of the Mushrikun [disbelievers] with whom you have made a treaty.

a treaty generally entails obligations, ja?

Damascus

In the Name of Allah, the compassionate, the merciful.
This is what Khâlid would grant to the inhabitants of Damascus, if he enters therein: he promises to give them security for their lives, property and churches. Their city shall not be demolished; neither shall any Muslim be quarted in their houses. Thereunto we give to them the pact of Allah and the protection of his Prophet MHMD the caliphs raDiy-Allahu-anhu.gif and the "Believers". So long as they pay the poll-tax,nothing but good shall befall them.

Jerusalem

This is the assurance of safety (aman) which the servant of God `Umar, the Commander of the Faithful, has granted to the people of Jerusalem. He has given them an assurance of safety for themselves, for their property, their churches, their crosses, the sick and the healthy of the city, and for all the rituals that belong to their religion. Their churches will not be inhabited [by Muslims] and will not be destroyed. Neither they, nor the land on which they stand, nor their crosses, nor their property will be damaged. They will not be forcibly converted The people of Jerusalem must pay the poll tax like the people of [other] cities, and they must expel the Byzantines and the robbers

Dabîl

In the name of Allah, the compassionate, the merciful.
This is a treaty of Habib ibn Maslamah with the Christians, Magians [i.e., Zoroastrians], and Jews of Dabil, including those present and absent. I have granted for you safety for your lives, possessions, churches, places of worship, and city wall. Thus ye are safe and we are bound to fulfill our covenant, so long as ye fulfill yours and pay the poll-tax

Alexandria

[ ... ] propose to the ruler of Alexandria that he give you the jizya in the understanding that those of their people who were taken prisoner and who are still in your care be offered the choice between Islam and the religion of their own people. Should any one of them opt for Islam, then he belongs to the Muslims, with the same privileges and obligations as they. And he who opts for the religion of his own people has to pay the same jizya as will be imposed on his co-religionists.

Misr

This is the text of the covenant that Amr b. al-'As has granted the people of Misr concerning immunity for themselves, their religion, their possessions, churches, crucifixes, as well as their land and their waterways [...] .
lt is incumbent upon the people of Misr, if they agree on the terms of this covenant and when the rise of the Nile water comes to a halt to afford the jizya [ ... ]. He who chooses [not to agree to these terms but] to depart will enjoy immunity, until he has reached his destination where he can be safe, or has moved out of the territory where our authority prevails

jizzya remains. the obligation that is the basis of above treaties with infidels

so!
to encapsulate......

Jizya is extortion.....

I felt the same way about paying Social Security and Medicare that I would never be reimbursed, even though they promised me good healthcare and a pension when I signed up [did I sign up?]

How much was the jiziya you paid for security of life and possessions and freedom of religion and protection for religious places of worship? How did it compare to zakat?

so i was reading the surah 9.....

37. The postponing (of a Sacred Month) is indeed an addition to disbelief: thereby the disbelievers are led astray, for they make it lawful one year and forbid it another year in order to adjust the number of months forbidden by Allâh, and make such forbidden ones lawful. The evil of their deeds seems pleasing to them. And Allâh guides not the people, who disbelieve.

38. O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allâh (i.e. Jihâd) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter.[]

39. If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people, and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allâh is Able to do all things.

fuck
these are insane obscenities! a frikking blight on humanity
all those that profess to be jews, christians and muslims are perpetrating a fraud of massive proportions on the rest of humanity

i decree you all do community service as jizzya
ja
pick up litter and remove graffiti

if you refuse......i will disgrace, besiege, capture, punish and kill you!

Gustav is Gre..aaaat

You would oppose anything that needed you to move your ass and get things done, instead of procrastinating. Clearly a disbeliever. :frowns:

<oooh its the sacred month, I'm fasting, I can't work>

/faints

I felt the same way about paying Social Security and Medicare that I would never be reimbursed, even though they promised me good healthcare and a pension when I signed up [did I sign up?]

How much was the jiziya you paid for security of life and possessions and freedom of religion and protection for religious places of worship? How did it compare to zakat?

apples and oranges on a bowl of fallacious premises

Because you pay jizya [or someone else does, clearly] and I did not pay SS or Medicare?

No like you, I'm reading selectively.

e.g. Surah 9 beginning:

If you read all the lines before the one you quoted, you realise that its a record of a specific instance of a broken treaty and obligations towards those who break the treaty of peace and how they are to be treated for doing so.

So unless you have recently broken any treaties or attacked anyone, you needn't worry about being fined or taxed for it.

"9:4 (But the treaties are) not dissolved with those Pagans with whom ye have entered into alliance and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor aided any one against you. So fulfil your engagements with them to the end of their term: for Allah loveth the righteous.

9:5 But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

9:28 O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque."

i believe we are empowering the islamics by using arabic terms
from henceforth, sci, refer to jizya as extortion, zakat as tax write offs...etc

i believe we are empowering the islamics by using arabic terms
from henceforth, sci, refer to jizya as extortion, zakat as tax write offs...etc

zakat is tax write off? Where? I have loads coming to me!!!!

What services does the payment of jiziya offer and provide?

It was used in lieu of military service, which was compulsory for Muslims. Only able bodied men paid jizya. It was also used for maintenance of religious structures of non-Muslims. Muslims paid for the maintenance of their own structures, usually through the community [not included in zakat, which is compulsory religious tax for all Muslims and separate from civic payments]

Back