Reporting on Gods Visit

Nice try Sam.

Clearly, both christians and muslims have laid claim to the one and only god.

If there is a god, it's not that god is not one, but the religions claim on that god is not one. Which is why all the bloodshed.

So, if Lori thinks Jesus is our savior and you don't then you are at odds. Just because you both are theists doesn't bring you any closer then to us being atheist. Because either way your ultimately claiming the other is wrong.

Correct.

Let Jesus sort it out

Yes. But if it made you aware of it, you would no longer be an atheist, unless you didn't believe it was actually a god. So then back to square one.

It could visit you and not make itself known to you, then you could remain an atheist LOL.

That's the creepy watch you while your sleeping god.

LOL *shakes head*

:p

i don't rip people apart for being atheists or theists or beliefs of any kind!!!

as a matter of fact, i'm much more likely to rip someone apart if i witness them abusing someone else.

I know, I was of course exaggerating and invoking the old time get um mentality that has occurred.

Sure, he'll have his Judgment day like everyone else. He's a prophet of Islam too, we call him Ruhullah [Spirit of God], he is also Mohammed's favourite prophet although technically according to this verse in the Quran:

Say: We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us, and that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord; we make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we submit. (Qur’an 3:84)

we're not supposed to have favourites

Sure, he'll have his Judgment day like everyone else. He's a prophet of Islam too, we call him Ruhullah [Spirit of God], he is also Mohammed's favourite prophet although technically according to this verse in the Quran:

we're not supposed to have favourites

I thought Jesus was a mortal prophet. In other words, he's dead.
How can a dead guy sort anything out ?

We don't know anything about that, do we?

We will raise you into a form of which you have not the slightest knowledge.56:62

We don't know anything about that, do we?

We will raise you into a form of which you have not the slightest knowledge.56:62

I mean according to Islam, of course.
According to Islam, Jesus was a mortal prophet. Yes ?

Nope, according to the Quran:

"Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food.(5:75).

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary.19:30).

Nice try Sam.

Clearly, both christians and muslims have laid claim to the one and only god.

If there is a god, it's not that god is not one, but the religions claim on that god is not one. Which is why all the bloodshed.

So, if Lori thinks Jesus is our savior and you don't then you are at odds. Just because you both are theists doesn't bring you any closer then to us being atheist. Because either way your ultimately claiming the other is wrong.

Correct.

jpappl,

god is not religious.

Nope, according to the Quran:

"Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food.(5:75).

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary.19:30).
Makes much more sense than the Christian version.

It doesn't really matter, if you notice the Quran also avoids any mention of his death, because the important point is not how he died, but how he lived. People could do much worse than emulate him. He is respected as a good man by Muslims and you'll not find a Muslim who follows Islam that does not respect Jesus.

It doesn't really matter, if you notice the Quran also avoids any mention of his death, because the important point is not how he died, but how he lived. People could do much worse than emulate him. He is respected as a good man by Muslims and you'll not find a Muslim who follows Islam that does not respect Jesus.

I think it does matter.
Whether or not you see Jesus as the son of God or God incarnate, or as a prophet like many others makes a whole lot of difference.

Back