Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atheist

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Come one Come all

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
Why is it, do you suppose, that Muslims were so high on the poll?

Why?

Why not Shinto or Hindu or Tao or Buddhists?

Why do so many people not want Muslims to migrate to their country?

You can't vote two? Because Jewish and Christian relate very strongly. Even though the differ by very little difference.

Why is it, do you suppose, that Muslims were so high on the poll?

Why?

Why not Shinto or Hindu or Tao or Buddhists?

Why do so many people not want Muslims to migrate to their country?
SAme reason Americans used to not want the Irish, the Italians etc. Those darn Catholics.

And then, of course, their would have been Native American views on immigration, fortunately, for sensitive ears, not translated here.

SAme reason Americans used to not want the Irish, the Italians etc. Those darn Catholics.

Then wouldn't it make much more sense if each group received 1 or 2 votes - instead, the Muslim group got many more votes than the other religions.

Why do you suppose? Is it just the wars or is there a problem with Muslim communities that are already putting people off in the Western (or Eastern) countries?

michael were you in australia during the 2003 election or was it the 1999 which was fought over the tamper?

anyway which ever it was did you look at how the public was manipulated by one man for political purpose. what he did (especially to the salors from the RAN) was aposlutly apaling but still he managed to manipulate the country into a xenophobic atmosphere.

now howard is better at it than either tony blair or george bush but even they (or at least there hollowmen) arnt amatures at it either

is this atitude really that surprising, what i find surprising is that people are willing to admit to there bigotry and the numbers who bucked the trend

Then wouldn't it make much more sense if each group received 1 or 2 votes - instead, the Muslim group got many more votes than the other religions.

Why do you suppose? Is it just the wars or is there a problem with Muslim communities that are already putting people off in the Western (or Eastern) countries?

There are always groups of the moment that are looked down on for whatever reason. Other groups were more accepted in the US during those times - for example swedes. It seems implicit in your argument that there is no propaganda against groups. If people have problems with a certain group that group has problems. 'People' never do.

Go back 60 years and I guarantee that Shinto followers would have been looked down on.

There are still a lot of places in the US where if a black family moves in people freak out. Shall we talk about gays?

There are people who want you to hate and want you to think it is rational. This thread will add to their happiness.

Last edited:
Judging from the poll, four people have common sense.

Kadark

Yes, those damn Swedish with their peaceful and intelligent societies.

I'd take mentally unstable muslims any day and open up my country to the possibility of mass murder and sharia law if current birth rates continue.

I wonder if Muslims 50 years ago were more interested in integrating? Do Muslims integrate as well as Buddhists? Hindu? Tao? Atheists?

im always facinated by the word intergrate, pollies use it the way the borg use the word assimilate

Back