Rape Victims are "Criminals" According to Islam

Originally posted by Vienna
Now calm down little fella - no ones going to hurt you. There there!

You see it's not nice when people treat you the same way a Muslim treats others.

All that name calling, all that nastiness, you see there is no need for it at all.

:)

Islam is no more barbaric than Christianity. All those posts above are or most of them are from Bible itself. How could one deny that fact?

I see you did more name calling than any one else. Why is that? Frustration is not the answer rather a question. Can you please explain the above posts about Bible. Why is such a nobel and peaceful book has such barbaric laws?

Can you please use your single brain cell and show us how Islam is more evil than christianity.

Where in the Quran does it says to kill Apostates? Please provide proof of what you claim.

Nehusta, I like to give you following explaination since you posed a question ( atleast I hope that it was your intent ).

Please show me where does Islamic Law says that rape victims should be Stonned to death.

Again, what does this have to do with women being stoned for being raped? Why do you keep trying to sidestep this issue, as if it was so unimportant you couldn't be bothered to address

If you are caliming that above is proven Islamic law, I would like to see that, thank you.

My explanianation about apostate in Islam might help you understand the concept and there is no punishment to kill them as well as Vienna tried to fabricate such punishment.

DEFINITION OF APOSTATE
This means that whoever turns back from his faith, that is to say, whoever, out of fear of the sword or being unsettled by opposition, announces that he abjures Islam, is an apostate. In the idiom of Islam an apostate is not one concerning whom someone else says that he has abjured Islam. There is no mention of any such person in the Holy Quran. It says that if a person announces voluntarily that he has abjured Islam and thereafter dies in his state of disbelief, the works of such a one will be vain in this world and the next and he will be an inmate of the fire wherein he shall abide. Thus the punishment of a person who voluntarily abjures Islam after having believed, is the same as that of a disbeliever who voluntarily abstains from accepting Islam. There is no mention here, or anywhere else, of any punishment for an apostate in this world which may be inflicted by human hands, politically or administratively.

The Holy Quran says: Surely, those who have turned away after guidance has been made manifest to them have been deceived by Satan who has beguiled them with false hopes (47:26). This means that a person who, out of weakness or misfortune, voluntarily proclaims that he abjures Islam and departs from it and thus, having entered the circle of Islam, goes out of it after having fully under- stood it, does so because of his having been beguiled by Satan with false hopes. He who abjures Islam relying on the false hopes held out to him by Satan and makes those hopes the basis of his conduct, cannot look forward to any good from God Almighty.

Then it is said: O ye who believe, whoso from among you turns back from his religion should remember that in his stead Allah will soon bring a people whom He will love and who will love Him, who will be kind and considerate towards the believers and firm and unyielding towards the disbelievers. They will strive hard in the cause of Allah, and striving against their own selves they will seek to mould their natures according to the pleasure of God in the light of the guidance of Islam. They will not at all take to heart the reproaches of the fault-finders. Their hearts will be filled only with the fear of God. This is Allah's grace. He bestows it upon whosoever He pleases. Allah is the Lord of vast bounty, All-knowing (5:55).

Again it is said: Allah will not guide those who do not believe in the Signs of Allah, and they shall have a grievous punishment; this is followed by: Whoso disbelieves in Allah after he has believed, excepting the case of one who is forced to make a declaration of disbelief while his heart rests securely in faith, but one who opens his mind wide to disbelief, on him is Allah's wrath and he shall have a grievous punishment (16: 105,107). Here it is affirmed that faith is related to the heart and mind, for it is said: But one who opens his mind wide to disbelief. That which is related to the heart cannot be affected or changed by any material power or physical force. It is impossible that such power or force should be able to modify the conditions, feelings or emotions of the heart. The verse mentions the case of a person who denies God after having believed. A person believes in God Almighty, having comprehended the reasons in support of the truth of Islam and having observed the divine Signs which establish the truth and greatness of Muhammad, peace be on him, and yet he voluntarily affirms that he denies Muhammad, he is not one who makes such an affirmation under compulsion in consequence of some weakness. With regard to such a one who opens his mind wide to disbelief voluntarily after having believed and affirms that he denies God, the One and Unique, Who had sent Muhammad, peace be on him, and that he does not believe that Islam is a true religion, God Almighty says that on him will be His wrath and he shall have a grievous punishment. Such a punishment might overtake him in this life also, but the true recompense of conduct in this life is related to the hereafter.

Then it is said: Whoso seeks a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the life to come he shall be among the losers. How shall Allah guide a people who have disbelieved after having believed and who had borne witness that the Messenger is true and to whom clear proofs had come? Allah guides not the wrongdoers. Of such the punishment is that on them shall be the curse of Allah and of angels and of men, all together; there under shall they abide. Their punishment shall not be lightened nor shall they be granted respite; except those who repent thereafter and amend. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Ever Merciful (3: 86-90).

Here it is affirmed that those who disbelieve after having believed, and having observed signs and evidence that the Messenger of God is true, and who announce that they have discarded faith and have adopted the ways of disbelief, would be punished by God Almighty in the hereafter; except such of them who repent and amend their ways in this very life. If after the affirmation of their apostacy their punishment, according to the Holy Quran, had been death, they would have had no time for repentance and amendment and this portion of the verse would have been meaning- less. This verse shows that such people ought to be afforded the opportunity to repent and amend at any time before their death and to accept Islam and to come back into its fold and seek the forgiveness of God Almighty. If they are granted forgiveness, God, Who is Most Forgiving and Ever Merciful, would cover up their sins and, forgiving them, would bestow His mercy upon them and would admit them to the gardens of His pleasure. But if a person after having believed adopts the way of disbelief and is not granted any opportunity of repentance and amendment, that is to say, is not permitted to live out his natural life but is put to death and is deprived of the opportunity of repentance and amendment, the divine attributes of forgiveness and mercy that are mentioned in the verse would not come into play, in his case, and he would not be able to derive any benefit from them.

Vienna, if above doesn't staisfy you than please do not reply to this post by using your single brain cell. Get some help and than reply. Than you very much.

Originally posted by Nehushta
Why are women considered inferior according to Islam? More specifically, why is a rape victim considered a "criminal" worthy of being stoned to death when a rape occurs (unless, of course, there happened to be present four male Muslims of upright character who witnessed the rape and are willing to testify against the rapist)?

For your reference, here is a story of a woman in Pakistan who was raped by her brother-in-law, and is imprisoned on death-row for "her" crime: In Pakistan, Rape Victims Are the 'Criminals'. This is disgusting beyond belief.

I am sorry to say this but above news may not be true. I see no back up of the above news. I don't see any where about Islam beeing the source of this punishment rather I see the serious problem with education and backword living, poverty etc as the main reason since you Said it is Islam's fault as a title of your post, I think you should Change the title to make it look more appropiate.

Where does it says it is Islam where the rape victims are Criminal, it says it is Pakistan. Pakistan does not follow Sharia laws and even in Sharia law please show me where it says that Rape vicitms are Crimnals. If you can provide the copy of original article with date/year it would be great, other wise even if the above news is true it holds no crediablity.

Thank you

Thank you. But I already know the above. It still doesn't say anything about the post topic. It is a simple law for men and women both.

My question is still un answered where does Islam says that Rape victims are criminal and punished by death.

Also, in your link it says lots of countries wants to impose this law but they didn't so far. I beleive somewhere some one mentioned about the restriction about stonning and what should be done before the punishment, like witnesses etc.

In the times of Mohammad (saw) and after him, the punishment has been the same. If he ordered stonning by law and with proper witnesses, I don't see anything wrong but you might since you are thinking from different perspective. I believe law is a law, and the main reason of that law is not to encourage more crimes but to scare people that they won't even try to do it. Your opinion may differ from mine but I think that is why we have laws. I hope that you understand what I am trying to point out.

Not Islamic, but cultural. It is norm in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Nepal, Sri Lanka etc.

In hidu religion, it doesn't say to kill for honor but they do it anyways way more than any where else. But it is not their religion but the poverty and education etc etc. Same goes for Islamic countries ruled by power hungry greedy rulers.

However it is easy for you or anyone else outside those countries to blame it all on religion, since it is the easiest way to understand it.

According to Sharia (Islamic Law), an apostate must be killed. This is given in Sahih Bukhari Hadith.

HERE IS MY CHALLENGE TO YOU, SHOW ME ONE SINGLE VERSE FROM THE QURAN THAT CALLS FOR THE DEATH OF THOSE WHO LEAVE ISLAM AND I WILL CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY STRAIGHT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS OPEN CHALLENGE TO EVERY ONE HERE.......COME ON, GO AHEAD.......YOU HAVE ALL THE ANTI MUSLIM HATE SITES IN THE WORLD TO SNIFF THROUGH !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rape Victims are "Criminals" According to Islam

I did see his quotes regarding adultery, but apparently I missed the one condemning rape. Would you mind reposting it?

Never mind, here are more noble verses for you:

[5:5] …….. You shall maintain CHASTITY, not committing adultery, nor taking secret lovers. Anyone who rejects faith, all his work will be in vain, and in the Hereafter he will be with the losers.

[24:30] Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their CHASTITY. This is purer for them. GOD is fully Cognizant of everything they do.

[24:31] And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their CHASTITY.

About the believers; God teaches us;

[23:5] And they maintain their CHASTITY.

And in Sura (Chapter) 70, again

[70:29] They keep their CHASTITY.

In addition to condemnation of the sexual crime involved in rape as we can see above, God strongly condemns the oppression element of rape in the strongest possible language. God, in the Quran, describes oppression as "worse than murder." This puts rape among the worst crimes committed by a human being in the sight of God.

[2:191] …….. OPPRESSION is worse than murder. See also, [2:217]

God in the Quran also did not save the words to condemn prostitution, especially when oppression and forcing the young girls is a factor and this makes it different than a prostitution practiced by consenting adults, and it would place it in the category of rape. Of course both kinds are condemned but adding the oppression factor changes its nature into a rape with its consequence of higher need for a stronger punishment.

[24:33] ……..You shall not force your girls to commit prostitution, seeking the materials of this world, if they wish to be chaste. If anyone forces them, then GOD, seeing that they are forced, is Forgiver, Merciful.

Perhaps you failed to see the point that in 1999, only 30% of rapes were reported, which rose to 53.7% in a fairly short space of time. I would consider that a significant increase, but it seems that you are looking for a magic wand to immediately solve all problems. I'm not even asking that of Islam - I'm just hoping for progress, period.

As I said earlier, you still have 47% who DONT report rape !! I am just wondering why !! could it be that as the stats tell us they will be killed by their rapists !!!!

FIX YOUR OWN SICK SOCIETY BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE OTHERS.

What does that have to do with women being stoned to death for reporting a rape they cannot prove? It is a completely unrelated topic.

No, it is not unrelated topic, we are talking about Rape and the status of Women in the Muslim world, I gave you many examples about MUSLIM women who made it to became presidents and PRIME Ministers.....while in your 'free civilized' society, you dont even dream to have a woman vice president let alone president !

UNTIL YOU GET TO OUR LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENT ( BY ELECTING WOMAN PRESIDENT) YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT MUSLIM WOMEN.....NOW, WE ARE AHEAD OF YOU......YOU STILL HAVE LONG WAY AHEAD.

In the U.S., we have free elections, and there is certainly no requirement for a candidate to be male. We have had several female candidates for the U.S. presidency, but no serious contenders. Do you expect the American public to vote for the first woman who runs, regardless of her qualifications or her ability to do the job? When a woman runs for president who happens to be the best candidate for the job, I have no doubt she will be voted in by the American public.

And the question is why those women were NOT serious contenders, why there arent enough AMERICAN women who can challenge the authority of man in U.S. Politics ????

it is all to do with your sick society where you treat woman like SEXUAL OBJECTS WITH CERTAIN EXPIRY DATE...SHAME REALLY.

Let us see the difference between WESTERN WOMAN and MUSLIM WOMAN:

The Satanic Group - The biotic fuel for hell fire:

swimsuit3.jpg

Even though I tried to pick the least sexual pictures, but in general, this is what a typical Christian Western woman would look like when she is at either the beach (wearing bikinis) or health club, where 95% to 99% of her body is totally exposed to men. What's most ironic is seeing them wearing the "Cross" necklaces. Women in the west are considered nothing but "sex objects", and most of them are less likely to remain virgins before marriage. No true man would die for cheap quality of this kind. It is very tragic that women in the West are raised to show off their sexuality and are stereotyped by their sexuality.

p6_girlpray.jpg

This is a picture of a typical Muslim woman. Pure, innocent, virgin (until marriage) and non sexual. A true man would be willing to die for a true and blessed angel of that kind, because if she's faithful to her GOD Almighty, then she will definitely be faithful and honorable to her family.

Proud_Syrian & Skywalker,

I'm just wondering what is the point of posting all those bible verses? If either of you had been paying the least bit of attention, you would have noticed that my anti-Christian posts far outweigh my anti-Islam posts. Bible-babble is more closely related to your religious beliefs than mine - trust me.

Those bible verses are not related to you but rather to the IDIOT Vienna, because he is christian loser.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nehushta

We've been over this already, but if you need to hear it again, the Geocities site was quoting the NY Times. I have also quoted and/or linked to at least 2 sites that you posted links for - what more do you want?

And we already established that I 'dont' consider NYTimes to be credible source.

As I recall, I actually complimented two of the links you provided (the pro-Muslim women ones), but you apparently failed to notice.

Thanks, point taken.

The problem is the way you define anti-Muslim hate sites - if it says anything at all critical of anything to do with Islam, you and the other Muslims on this site automatically brand it an anti-Muslim hate site - even when they have a completely valid point!
Look, ISLAM IS PERFECT, MUSLIMS ARE NOT....so, of course there will be cases of abuse against women in the muslim world but this has NOTHING to do with Islam, it is to do with SOME BACKWARD CULTURES OUT THERE...and remember we are 57 MUSLIM COUNTRY with different cultures and traditions...Any attempt by you or others to relate this abuse with Islam will be CRUSHED because you have no single evidence from the Quran about ISLAM ENCOURAGING SUCH ABUSES.

Again, what does this have to do with women being stoned for being raped? Why do you keep trying to sidestep this issue, as if it was so unimportant you couldn't be bothered to address it?

I am not trying to sidestep the issue, I am trying to explain to you that the issue of women abuse in any society cant be looked at as separate phenomena but rather an integrated problem related to other problems in the society.

Nehushta

It appears your posts have fallen on deaf ears, they can't see that their precious Islam is violent and barbaric.

RAPING AND ENSLAVING IN THE BIBLE

What the New Testament has to say:

1 Timothy 2:11-14 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Men can shave the women's heads if women don't cover their heads ! PATHETIC REALLY :)

1 Corinthians 11:5-10: "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."

1 Corinthians 11:13: "Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God (with her head) uncovered?"

http://www.answering-christianity.com

Islam is a violent and barbaric religion and the sooner it grows up and becomes civilised, it has a better chance of being recognised.

If Islam is violent and barbaric as you say, how come it is OFFICIALLY the fastest growing religion in the world ?????

:p

Apostasy Law: The Persecution of Converts

Islamic law (Shari'ah) states that Muslim men who convert to another faith (apostatize) and refuse to return to Islam should be put to death.

According to some schools of Shari'ah this should also be applied to women as well.

Proud Syrian - tell us why this is still practised today.

Originally posted by Proud_Syrian
If Islam is violent and barbaric as you say, how come it is OFFICIALLY the fastest growing religion in the world ?????

:p
Who says it's official, under what authority, and who counted them ??? lol!

And who gives a dam? :D

If it's images your into.......

These are OLD pictures from 1980s, and the picture shows clearly that the one who is stoned is MAN not WOMAN.

Thanks VIENNA for being such a great help....you moron.

:D

Islamic law (Shari'ah) states that Muslim men who convert to another faith (apostatize) and refuse to return to Islam should be put to death.

WHY YOU ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM MY CHALLENGE TO YOU, I ALREADY POSTED IT TWICE BEFORE AND HERE IS IT AGAIN.............VIENNA:I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME ONE SINGLE VERSE FROM THE QURAN THAT CALLS FOR THE DEATH OF THOSE WHO LEAVE ISLAM AND I WILL CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY STRAIGHT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS OPEN CHALLENGE TO EVERY ONE HERE.......COME ON, GO AHEAD.......YOU HAVE ALL THE ANTI MUSLIM HATE SITES IN THE WORLD TO SNIFF THROUGH !!!!!

be careful syrian, you seem to almost blow a fuse there. You might end up dead of a heart atack before you can convert to christianity.

just a link (which has nothing to do with the topic)
devil worshippers

Last edited:
Originally posted by Proud_Syrian
VIENNA:I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME ONE SINGLE VERSE FROM THE QURAN THAT CALLS FOR THE DEATH OF THOSE WHO LEAVE ISLAM
ROFLMFAO!!!!!:D

I never said it was in the qur'an you baboon.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!

It is Islamic law (Shari'ah) ISLAMIC LAW jerk!

According to some schools of Shari'ah this should also be applied to women as well.

Proud Syrian - tell us why this is still practised today.

I have a feeling your gonna deny all knowledge of it..ROFLMFAO!!

I never said it was in the qur'an you baboon.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!

It is Islamic law (Shari'ah) ISLAMIC LAW jerk!

I have a feeling your gonna deny all knowledge of it..

Such an Asshole, you dont know even what SHARIA LAW MEANS OR WHERE THE SHARIA TAKE ITS LAWS FROM........SUCH AN IDIOT.

Back