Ramadan and women

The No True Scotsman fallacy again? Geesh, at least the Communists pulled their heads out of their arses and got on with it.

SAM said:
Name one country in any of the above examples, where religious authority trumps civil administration.
In few, if any, countries in history has religious authority "trumped" civil administration, in that sense.

That's not how theocracies, state religions, etc, normally work.

And it's irrelevant. We are talking about separation of church and state - the concept enshrined in the US Constitution, in direct response to the conjoinment of church and state so dramatically a part of European life for the centuries preceding the American Revolution.

In the Islamic countries of this world, religious and civil authority are not separated. The State enacts the will of the Religion, backing it with force. That is immediately and obviously visible to outsiders, and apparently invisible to most followers of Islam regardless of education or personal experience - a remarkable state of affairs.
SAM said:
If communists Chinese operate Islamic banks in China, does it mean that religion trumps capitalism?
No. That is ordinary separation of church and state. Similarly, if immigrant Chinese operated government approved Western banks in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait, Iran, etc, that would be an instance of separation of church and state.

In few, if any, countries in history has religious authority "trumped" civil administration, in that sense.

That's not how theocracies, state religions, etc, normally work.

And it's irrelevant. We are talking about separation of church and state - the concept enshrined in the US Constitution, in direct response to the conjoinment of church and state so dramatically a part of European life for the centuries preceding the American Revolution.

In the Islamic countries of this world, religious and civil authority are not separated. The State enacts the will of the Religion, backing it with force. That is immediately and obviously visible to outsiders, and apparently invisible to most followers of Islam regardless of education or personal experience - a remarkable state of affairs.
No. That is ordinary separation of church and state. Similarly, if immigrant Chinese operated government approved Western banks in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait, Iran, etc, that would be an instance of separation of church and state.

What is the US constitution worth as a concept of separating church and state? Enshrined? lol. Is there any country more intolerant of differences than the US?

Last edited:

I don't mean "combining", I mean unable to differentiate in the first place.

The kind of mental blind spot that produces ridiculous statements like this: WTF?

idk what you mean sorry, i meant that by combining relegion and politics, is to use relegion, to controll people more, relegion it can be used with the good way, to controll people and stuff, or to encourage people to work more and study more and do good and etc..any relegion can be used like that, but, infortunely, i didnt see a politician using relegion to make things better and encourage people and stuff, anyway politics is politics, and relegion is relegion.

and the islamic banks, are more successfull than normal banks, didnt you see that even the worl financial crisis didnt affect like other banks? now students can study about islamic banking in univercities, anyway, not because you hear the word "islamic" makes you go craizy and mad and angry, why don't you go and protest infront of an islamic bank?

tunisia is a muslim country, and? relegion is seperated from politics, but we still all muslims.
and other countries like that too.

also,why you keep mentioning church and chruch and church, we don't have churches in islam, we have mosques, and mosques, have no authoritties, just pople pray in it.

tunisia is a muslim country, and? relegion is seperated from politics, but we still all muslims.
and other countries like that too.

if that's the case, do you really feel like you have a choice about what religion you practice, if any at all?

if that's the case, do you really feel like you have a choice about what religion you practice, if any at all?

yes, sure, why not?
not just in tunisia, also in most other arab country, lebanon and sirya for example, there's alooot of christians and alooot of muslims their, also in palastine, you can say half of the country are christians (in sirya,well, not half), anywya, and in palastine, both muslims and christians are getting killed everyday, muslims and christians their are living together in a cooherant way, also as in the maghreb, and many other muslim countries, no one would care what relegion do you practice, inless you was a zionist jew, an israeili, they may hate you(not attack or something, just stay away of you) anyway, idk why you keep making things complexed, what's more, you think we live in tents and moving in camels, and all lands are deserts??
also, what do you think they will do to you because you practice and another relegion not islam, come to your house with police and say, put him in jail or kill him because he's not or she's not a muslim ???
i'm so tired of this...

yes, sure, why not?
not just in tunisia, also in most other arab country, lebanon and sirya for example, there's alooot of christians and alooot of muslims their, also in palastine, you can say half of the country are christians (in sirya,well, not half), anywya, and in palastine, both muslims and christians are getting killed everyday, muslims and christians their are living together in a cooherant way, also as in the maghreb, and many other muslim countries, no one would care what relegion do you practice, inless you was a zionist jew, an israeili, they may hate you(not attack or something, just stay away of you) anyway, idk why you keep making things complexed, what's more, you think we live in tents and moving in camels, and all lands are deserts??
also, what do you think they will do to you because you practice and another relegion not islam, come to your house with police and say, put him in jail or kill him because he's not or she's not a muslim ???
i'm so tired of this...

well i'm sorry. you just said "we still all muslims", and that tunisia is a "muslim country". i don't know what it's like there. but i do know that if one particular religion is all you're surrounded by, and the country you live in identifies itself with a particular religion, there is usually a lot of pressure to conform.

well i'm sorry. you just said "we still all muslims", and that tunisia is a "muslim country". i don't know what it's like there. but i do know that if one particular religion is all you're surrounded by, and the country you live in identifies itself with a particular religion, there is usually a lot of pressure to conform.

I found much more pressure to conform in the US than I did in Saudi Arabia. The Saudis were quite happy to address me as ya hindi and never implied I have to be like them. In the US it was weird, because everyone kept correcting my English and kept telling me how to act and speak. I wore only my Indian clothes in Saudi Arabia and spoke mostly in my own language except with Arabic speakers. In the US it is "rude" to speak your own language with your own countrymen and it is "exotic" to be dressed Indian. After 4 years Saudis working with me had learned many Hindi words and frequently used them with me. After 4 years, Americans working with me were still correcting my English pronounciations.

I found much more pressure to conform in the US than I did in Saudi Arabia. The Saudis were quite happy to address me as ya hindi and never implied I have to be like them. In the US it was weird, because everyone kept correcting my English and kept telling me how to act and speak. I wore only my Indian clothes in Saudi Arabia and spoke mostly in my own language except with Arabic speakers. In the US it is "rude" to speak your own language with your own countrymen and it is "exotic" to be dressed Indian. After 4 years Saudis working with me had learned many Hindi words and frequently used them with me. After 4 years, Americans working with me were still correcting my English pronounciations.

probably why i was inclined to ask that question. i live in the US.

majority is muslim, but i know some christians, and there are many jews in djerba, we can make the difference, between hating jews, or israeili zionists, i mean, we don't hate jews, or their relegion, but we hate israeilians zionists, anyway, you are free to practice anything, no one is against you. and no there's no pressure.. why do you always think, when some one say, a muslim country, you all think as, extremists people, intolerant, can't accept other relegions, etc etc.. ruined education, brain washing and brain washed people, etc etc...?

u.s.a. have many, complexes, on of those they don't accept divercity, and others.. (that's what i know, but maybe i'm wrong, and that's different from a state to another, i can't say the WHOLE u.s.a)

probably why i was inclined to ask that question. i live in the US.

I know. One of the major conclusions I drew from my stay in Saudi Arabia and the US is that in Saudi Arabia you only need to conform outwardly, ie follow the law - what you do otherwise is of no account, you can still be Indian, Filipina, Indonesian etc in every which way. In the US however, you have to become American or else you are an outsider.

I know. One of the major conclusions I drew from my stay in Saudi Arabia and the US is that in Saudi Arabia you only need to conform outwardly, ie follow the law - what you do otherwise is of no account, you can still be Indian, Filipina, Indonesian etc in every which way. In the US however, you have to become American or else you are an outsider.

mostly, arab countries are hospital, have hospitality, everyone like you on how you are, we like, the different, and the new things and stuff.

Back