Quotes to remember

Evolution by natural selection is a self-ordering self-referential pattern that is deterministic of continued existence or extinction.
That which became extinct due to vulnerability in survival skills disappeared, that which survived is extant and self-ordered improved in survival skills.

Why Is Homeostasis Important
By:BD Editors, Reviewed by: BD Editors, Last Updated: April 15, 2018

Basics of Homeostasis

In general, homeostasis refers to the balance within a system that keeps it operating within a range of conditions. Homeostasis helps animals maintain stable internal and external environments with the best conditions for it to operate. It is a dynamic process that requires constant monitoring of all systems in the body to detect changes, and mechanisms that react to those changes and restore stability.
There are three components to homeostatic regulation in animals: the receptor, the control center, and the effector. Receptors are constantly surveilling conditions and detect changes that take conditions outside the normal range, away from a set point. The control centers receive and process the information from the receptors and give commands to the effectors on how to respond.
The Importance of Homeostasis
The failure of homeostatic regulation in just one body system will cause conditions to deteriorate and it may be fatal. For the health of an organism, all homeostatic regulation mechanisms must function properly. The information below describes how various body systems contribute to overall homeostasis..........
Nervous System
The nervous system maintains homeostasis by controlling other parts of the body. It comprises the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. The peripheral nerves are those outside of the brain and spinal cord which go to the limbs and organs. The brain and spinal cord make up the central nervous system. The hypothalamus in the brain is particularly important for maintaining homeostasis because it controls the actions of the medulla oblongata (involuntary functions), the autonomic nervous system (smooth muscle and glands), and the pituitary gland (hormone excretion).
https://biologydictionary.net/why-is-homeostasis-important/

Self-referential Homeostasis is a cellular function found in evolving biological systems
Self-referential Mathematics is a pattern function found in all evolving dynamical systems.

Last edited:
“What does it mean to be born? After we die, will it be the same thing as it was before we were born? Or a different kind of nothingness? Because there might be knowledge then. Memory.”
― Joyce Carol Oates

119864894_1103757870061093_2083779439024229919_o.jpg

Last edited:
“Truth is handsomer than the affectation of love. Your goodness must have some edge to it--else it is none.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you.”
― Stephen King, 'Salem's Lot

119941934_1106711269765753_3278507620868976086_n.jpg

"Only in Britain could it be thought a defect to be 'too clever by half.' The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters."
- John Major

"Persecution is not an original feature in any religion; but it is always the strongly marked feature of all religions established by law."
- Thomas Paine, The Age Of Reason

“I believe that words are strong, that they can overwhelm what we fear when fear seems more awful than life is good.”
― Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression

"SOCRATES: I see, my dear Theaetetus, that Theodorus had a true insight into your nature when he said that you were a philosopher; for wonder is the feeling of a philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder."--(Plato, Theaetetus 155c-d)

“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.”
― Gary Kowalski, The Souls of Animals

“There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir: We must rise and follow her, When from every hill of flame She calls, and calls each vagabond by name.”
― William Bliss

“It is really hard to be lonely very long in a world of words. Even if you don't have friends somewhere, you still have language, and it will find you and wrap its little syllables around you and suddenly there will be a story to live in.”
― Naomi Shihab Nye, I'll Ask You Three Times, Are You OK?: Tales of Driving and Being Driven

“To sit outside a Paris cafe at breakfast is to observe the city as it wipes the sleep from its eyes: the soft clink of a cup and saucer, the turning of newspaper pages, the passerby with a cigarette who asks for a light, and me at my little round table, nibbling a speculoos, sipping my cafe creme.”
― Stephanie Rosenbloom, Alone Time: Four Seasons, Four Cities, and the Pleasures of Solitude

120126174_1109842326119314_360077759625721997_n.jpg

“Unseen in their flight,
wild geese faintly call,
passing high overhead,
in the depths of night.
Instinctive travelers,
on invisible highways.
I envy their lack of lostness.”
― John Mark Green, Taste the Wild Wonder: Poems

“I think that modern physics has definitely decided in favor of Plato. In fact the smallest units of matter are not physical objects in the ordinary sense; they are forms, ideas which can be expressed unambiguously only in mathematical language.”
― Werner Heisenberg

It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Yes stop doing stuff to me for my own good

:)

Back