Quotes to remember

"Ignorant people elect ignorant leaders, it's a simple as that." George Carlin

"The worst thing about the Trump Presidency isn't what we've learned about Trump. It's what we've learned about our friends" Unknown

"The more I listen to Donald Trump, the more appalled I am. Not as a Democrat; but as a human being. He's genuinely a nasty man" Stephen King

"Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed."
- Anna Rice

"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence."

— Louis Pasteur

A blessing.
z0wh17928cv51.jpg

“Girls aren't beautiful, they're pretty. Beautiful is too heavy a word to assign to a girl. Women are beautiful because their faces show that they know they have lost something and picked up something else.”
― Henry Rollins, Smile, You're Traveling: Black Coffee Blues Part 3

"One of the intentions of corporate-controlled media is to instill in people a sense of disempowerment, of immobilization and paralysis. Its outcome is to turn you into good consumers. It is to keep people isolated, to feel that there is no possibility for social change."
- David Barsamian, journalist and publisher

“To learn to see--- to accustom the eye to calmness, to patience, and to allow things to come up to it; to defer judgment, and to acquire the habit of approaching and grasping an individual case from all sides. "---Friedrich Nietzsche

“We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?”
― Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

''All men must die, but we are not men.'' - Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)

"Crazy, like a train wreck, is strangely appealing and difficult to turn away from."- Seattle

"The agony and moral anguish that ought to accompany an act of mass killing -- yes, even in a war [the Gulf War against Iraq in 1991] -- seemed wholly absent from American culture."
- Ruth Rosen, history professor

Back