Quotes to remember

“To sit alone or with a few friends, half-drunk under a full moon, you just understand how lucky you are; it’s a story you can’t tell. It’s a story you almost by definition, can’t share. I’ve learned in real time to look at those things and realize: I just had a really good moment.”–Anthony Bourdain

ZkscxPX.jpeg

"I went shopping with Danielle yesterday, and we were in a bookstore. And this woman actually said, "Look, Russell Crowe reads— who'd have known?"---Russell Crowe

0eIbPod.jpeg

“The ear favours no particular “point of view.”
We are enveloped by sound.

It forms a seamless web around us.

We say, “Music shall fill the air.” We never say, “Music shall fill a particular segment of the air.”We hear sounds from everywhere, without ever having to focus.

Sounds come from “above,” from “below,” from in “front” of us, from “behind” us, from our “right,” from our “left.”

We can‘t shut out sound automatically.

We simply are not equipped with earlids.

Where a visual space is an organised continuum of a uniformed connected kind, the ear world is a world of simultaneous relationships.”
― Marshall McLuhan, The Medium is the Massage

Qualia are not wholly part of the physical world they manifest, just as the colored paints are not part of what the painting is about. And yet they are partially inside that world, just as the redness of the paint IS the redness of the painted apple.

Because qualia exist to some degree "outside" the physical world, they can enable an experience or understanding of that physical world as being outside of and aware of it. Because they exist to some degree "inside" the physical world, they can be the mode in which that world appears. There is thus a two-fold mode of existing for qualia-both as physical and phenomenal at the same time. It is how matter and mind interface with each other.

Last edited:
Extent and in what matters. Being ignorant in needlepoint, not such a big deal. Being ignorant as to what is going into your hypodermic, much big deal. (For my fellow diabetics out there.)

"I believe there are 15,747,724,136,275,002,577,605,653,961,181,555,468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,631,031,296 protons in the Universe, and the same number of electrons.”----Sir Arthur Eddington

Last edited:
You must be unvaxxed. Good for you. Now, that's real science.
Your path to that conclusion would be fascinating to read. I'm a USN veteran, got vaxxed six ways from Sunday in boot camp* and kept them current while adding the new ones to date.

*I found a note in my medical record years later that said I have volunteered to test a new flu vaccine. Don't know if we had a flu problem the summer of 1969, but I didn't get the flu.

"A colour is eternal. It haunts time like a spirit. It comes and it goes. But where it comes, it is the same colour. It neither survives nor does it live.”― Alfred North Whitehead, Science and the Modern World

Our medically controlled Health Boards cook up fake epidemics, create panics for profit, such as the ones in Kansas City in 1921, Pittsburgh in 1924, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington in 1925. An effort was also made to create a panic in New York in 1925, but due to the open fight against it by the New York Evening Graphic, the Commissioner of Health called it off. - Herbert Shelton

We need to increase public understanding of the need for medical countermeasures such as a pan-coronavirus vaccine. A key driver is the media and the economics will follow the hype. We need to use that hype to our advantage to get to the real issues. Investors will respond if they see profit at the end of the process. - Peter Daszak, Eco-Health Alliance (Published February 12th 2016)

Last edited:
"When people express what is most important to them, it often comes out in cliches. That doesn't make them laughable; it's something tender about them. As though in struggling to reach what's most personal about them they could only come up with what's most public."---Terrence Malick

Y2N6Ite.jpeg

If this present age of the Internet and instantaneously accessible information has taught us anything, it is that it is more important that information be interesting and involving more than that it be true.

Back