Quotes to remember

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas without eating a chicken fried steak.”
― Larry McMurtry, In a Narrow Grave : Essays on Texas

CL1Ziey.jpeg

“Things are not getting worse, they are getting uncovered. We must hold each other tight to pull back the veil.” ~ Adrienne Maree Brown

"Cyberspace is colonising what we used to think of as the real world. I think that our grandchildren will probably regard the distinction we make between what we call the real world and what they think of as simply the world as the quaintest and most incomprehensible thing about us."---William Gibson

9Bytza0.jpeg

Last edited:
“Matter is just the wrong kind of thing to give birth to consciousness … You might as well assert, without further explanation, that numbers emerge from biscuits, or ethics from rhubarb” ---Colin McGinn

kmDCUt6.jpeg

“I got to work with Jared Leto. Jared’s cute. Oh, I’ll tell you. Jared will make you doubt about your sexuality.”— Colin Farrell

9XtnZst.jpeg

Reactions: C C
“People earnestly say to me here, 'Mr Knight, we have cellphones now, and you're going to really enjoy them.' That's their enticement for me to rejoin society. 'You're going to love it,' they say. I have no desire. And what about a text message? Isn't that just using a telephone as a telegraph? We're going backwards.”
― Michael Finkel, The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit

“The study of thinking machines teaches us more about the brain than we can learn by introspective methods. Western man is externalizing himself in the form of gadgets.”
― William S. Burroughs, Naked Lunch

7uZZsN5.jpeg

Last edited:
Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self. There is something which you can do better than another. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance and Other Essays

cgKLwKi.jpeg

“From the street, I looked up into the apartment buildings, into the naked windows of the tiny cubicle-rooms. More haggard faces peering blankly; skinny, maimed bodies of uncaring women in slips; men without shirts. All have the same look: the look of nolonger-questioning, resigned doom. The world on its knees. …”
― John Rechy, City of Night

Jw7QwoV.jpeg

Bethany Kork: "It's unsettling how we religious doubters are so good at discerning the many occasions of opportunistic hypocrisy in Christianity, but then are so blind to secular organizations and political movements exploiting do-gooderism."
_

Edvin Lucian: "The new antisemitism is that hopeful nexus where the far-left, the far-right, and militant Islam can finally converge in fellowship."
_

“Sometimes which choice you make is not as important as making a choice and committing to it.”
― Matthew McConaughey, Greenlights

eAJ462j.jpeg

“My dear friend, you know, there are not ten different ways or a hundred ways to love the rain, there is only one way: When it rains, be with it, without an umbrella!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan

yLxBZ42.jpeg

Back