Quotes to remember

“September approaching…I feel I owe myself a brief respite of leisure and no rushing around. I can’t face the dead reality. I want rainy days, lanterns and a hundred moons twining in dark leaves, music spilling out and echoing yet inside my head.”
—Sylvia Plath

jiSSuol.jpeg

“I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life.”- Sylvia Plath

"Don't look for luxury in watches or bracelets, don't look for luxury in villas or sailboats!

Luxury is laughter and friends, luxury is rain on your face, luxury is hugs and kisses.

Don't look for luxury in shops, don't look for it in gifts, don't look for it in parties, don't look for it in events!

Luxury is being loved by people, luxury is being respected, luxury is having your parents alive, luxury is being able to play with your grandchildren. Luxury is what money can't buy."------ Clint Eastwood

ckp9lAr.jpeg

“You work so hard to fix yourself, but maybe what you need isn't another tactic, another book, another expert, another five-step plan. Maybe, you don't need to be fixed. Maybe, what's really holding you back is the idea that you need to be fixed. Maybe you just need to let yourself play instead of always making yourself do homework.”
― Vironika Tugaleva

"College is a rip-off, the professors are teaching you stuff because they’re getting paid to do it, not because it does you any good. They don’t give a fuck about geography or whatever any more than you do.
It’s all phony, they’re there because parents don’t want their kids around the house past a certain age and sending them to college makes them look good. ‘My little Johnny’s at Haavahd.’"
~ John Updike

I cheated and went to community college and STILL got to sponge off my parents.
I avoided my parents' house after I graduated from high school. (Joined the USN 14 hours after graduation.) I let Mom know I was in town and where I was staying. Otherwise I went no where near it. My father thought I was "not his kind" and tried to kill me three times. After he died people would say how much alike we were. I didn't say "I don't like killing kids."

"When you get to the point where you realize it's all bullshit you realize you've wasted over a decade of you life with nothing to show for it." Quoting a Jesuit who was in the seat next to me on the flight from JFK to Rome, where he would be defrocked at his request. Mid '70s time period.

"I met a strange lady, she made me nervous. She took me in and made me breakfast....."
We pull into Fremantle once upon a time, fresh from the PG via the IO. (How's that shit for salty?) Went to Perth and had a Swan. I was talking to a guy about the trip and this young man (maybe 7 years old) walked up to me and told me to stop trying to imitate the telly, I wasn't good at it. I bought him a beer.

Back