Quotes to remember

“Only if we are secure in our beliefs can we see the comical side of the universe.”
― Flannery O'Connor

Cof8svM.jpeg

"Well, what does ‘free’ mean? Free means being, for one thing. It means being able to outgrow that knee-jerk reflection of what your human society around you wants you to think – and so ‘free’ means thinking for yourself and not accepting every piece of information or opinion heedlessly."
~ Gary Snyder

FxoNhVm.jpeg

"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther. I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."--Nicolas Cage

Efvbx0D.jpeg

“i took a night drive.
i needed to get away.
i needed to know
it's okay to go
and have no destination,
where time moves slow
or doesn't exist.
that life can be like this,
aimless wandering,
just breathing,
living,
driving forever underneath the stars.”
― Ava, You Are Safe Here.

DisO8PR.jpeg

“The wizards were good at wind, weather being a matter not of force but of lepidoptery. As Archchancellor Ridcully said, you just had to know where the damn butterflies were.”
― Terry Pratchett

iNXqNJL.jpeg

“We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes.”
― Madeleine L'Engle, The Rock That Is Higher: Story as Truth

ocGRS0i.jpeg

“If a potato can produce vitamin C, why can't we? Within the animal kingdom only humans and guinea pigs are unable to synthesize vitamin C in their own bodies. Why us and guinea pigs? No point asking. Nobody knows.”
― Bill Bryson, At Home: A Short History of Private Life

1CTW3xw.jpeg

“Bruce Wayne/Batman: A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat on a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”
― Christopher Nolan

“The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.”
― Carlos Castaneda

c4C7Qfg.jpeg

“That it will never come again is what makes life sweet. Dwell in possibility. Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.”
― Emily Dickinson

CzoXXQH.jpeg

Last edited:
Back