Quotes to remember

Moonlight floods the whole sky from horizon to horizon;
How much it can fill your room depends on its windows.

- Rumi

Yqsd0F7.jpg

"There are those moments when you shake someone's hand, have a conversation with someone, and suddenly your all bound together because you share your humanity in one simple moment."
----Ralph Fiennes

hqVMOpx.jpeg

Last edited:
“She was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subtle nuances. She was a prism through which sadness could be divided into its infinite spectrum.”
― Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything is Illuminated

EFbaoQQ.jpeg

Last edited:
“Crazy isn't being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It's you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever.”
― Susanna Kaysen, Girl, Interrupted

“I can hear your whisper and distant mutter. I can smell your damp on the breeze and in the sky I see the halo of your violence. Storm I know you are coming.”
― Robert Fanney

wigpETy.jpeg

It is strange how close the past is, even when you imagine it to be so far away. Strange how it can just jump out of a sentence and hit you. Strange how every object or word can house a ghost.
― Matt Haig, How to Stop Time

“I'll say God seems to have a kind of laid-back management style I'm not crazy about. I'm pretty much anti-death. God looks by all accounts to be pro-death. I'm not seeing how we can get together on this issue, he and I...”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest

"Nature is ever at work building and pulling down, creating and destroying, keeping everything whirling and flowing, allowing no rest but in rhythmical motion, chasing everything in endless song out of one beautiful form into another."
- from Our National Parks by John Muir (1901) last paragraph Chapter 3

ToOretV.jpeg

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
― Edgar Allan Poe

“There is music that seems to belong to you the moment that you hear it, and music about which you must be patient, awaiting the hour when it may reveal itself to you.”
― Elvis Costello

8RE6Mqv.jpeg

Clarke's First Law:
"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong."--Arthur C. Clarke

gLA7k95.jpeg

“Every living thing dies, Art. That’s why we cherish it while we have it. That’s why we respect the decisions our loved ones make for themselves. That’s why we love, and why we care, and why we hurt. Because everything dies.”
― Reilyn J. Hardy, The Last Chronomancer

ZubQ1tK.jpeg

“Taking a final pleasure in what the wind can neither proclaim nor destroy, I am a student of nightfall, I claim no other profession.”
― Loren Eiseley, Notes of an Alchemist

R6SVWY8.jpeg

Back