Prove that I am not God

I miss Sinterklaas......:(

As a child I never considered that Sinterklaas had a slave named Zwarte Piet, who did all the heavy lifting.
Oh and there may have been an uncle Krampus.

Krampus and Saint Nicholas visit a Viennese home in 1896
300px-Nikolaus_krampus.jpg
220px-Gruss_vom_Krampus.jpg

Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure described as "half-goat, half-demon",[1] who, during the Christmas season, punishes children who have misbehaved, in contrast with Saint Nicholas, who rewards the well-behaved with gifts. Krampus is one of the companions of Saint Nicholas in several regions including Austria, Bavaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Northern Italy including South Tyrol, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus

Last edited:
An interesting article about Sinnteklass...

Nicholas was dedicated to helping the poor throughout his life, famously (and anonymously) paying for the dowries of impoverished girls. His reputation as a secret gift-giver around town grew with time, and he became known especially for depositing coins or treats in the shoes of children who would place them out for that very purpose, sometimes in exchange for carrots or hay left for his horses. Nicholas is traditionally depicted wearing a red bishop's cloak, and was often helped by a small orphan boy, according to some legends.

http://www.livescience.com/5953-santa-claus-real-man-myth.html

Not only is his character real, and existent. He seems to based on a real person.

Jan.

Dude.
If you didn't know it (even if it is only a half-arsed trickle down version of revelation/enlightenment, etc percolated from the caricatures of atheist hate sites) you wouldn't be able to charade it.
My whole point has simply been that your whole schtick is half arsed because your source material is half arsed.
When confronted with half asses arguments, half ass response are all that this God need employ.
You can't even name the relevant keywords to search for it on google, much less consider it.
And logically reject it?
Pfffft!
Staunchly rejecting the very notion of examining religious claims is vastly different from logically rejecting such claims.
Its a task simply unavailable to one who hasn't, can't and won't investigate such claims.
Just to be clear, this isn't atheist bashing. This is bashing the willfully ignorant version of atheism you have your heart sold on representing.
How can a google search be used to defend your personal religious philosophy? Are your works published somewhere other than this forum?
By the same brilliant means, you can also be a shit throwing monkey who is the president and so on and so forth.
I didn't grant you special pleading and a subject/object divide. You own that stupid.
Nope, when you stated your ideal god to be omnimax, you opened the door to defining God as the vilest thing in all of existence. Since you’ve given no details of the character of your personal God, we are left to speculate if the God you idolized might also be of the monstrous variety.
My only gripe is that you were insisting on maintaining a dumb version of it, which inevitably delivers a dumb version of atheism ... especially when argued through dumb logical fallacies.
If you want to discuss something other than what you deride as dumbed down, then by all means give us your personal smartened up version to compare and contrast it with.
Capracus, as God, said...

...there’s no one on the planet that’s any betterqualified than you [that’s me]to be able to unmask the imposter.

Then he gave a final clue, when he said...

I am an entity claiming to be God.

It’s a no brainier. He’s an imposter.

Jan.
Any entity posing as God would claim to be God, why would that alone disqualify me?

You claimed earlier that you could be fooled by a skilled imposter to believe it was God, so what is your solution for separating God from the impostors?

Yes, but only the boys. All girls are always good....;)...., but maybe that would be too many in one night...:?
Pssst let you into a secret
Christmas will come early to me this year in Bali in the form of two girls flying over from Jakarta
Off topic but where else can I boast

:)

When confronted with half asses arguments, half ass response are all that this God need employ.
It's trickle down, half-arsed because that's the broadest coverage you have on the subject.

How can a google search be used to defend your personal religious philosophy? Are your works published somewhere other than this forum?
If you want to extoll your glories in rejecting all religious arguments you have to actually have a least a general understanding on what they are in the first place.
I was just suggesting standard philosophy and history .... the very absence of which grants trickle down, half arsed atheism its trademark shallowness and blithe ignorance of the subject, as evidenced by the following ...

Nope, when you stated your ideal god to be omnimax, you opened the door to defining God as the vilest thing in all of existence. Since you’ve given no details of the character of your personal God, we are left to speculate if the God you idolized might also be of the monstrous variety.
... case in point.
QED
God could be a vile thing.
So any vile thing could be God.
Swish.
One would think that if someone repeatedly discussed the shortcomings of engineering a subject/object divide (and even went as far as to offer clues on how to argue around such a divide) that others may save themselves the labour of repeatedly digging themselves trenches to throw themselves into.

If you want to discuss something other than what you deride as dumbed down, then by all means give us your personal smartened up version to compare and contrast it with.
Gee.
I dont know.
How about standard philosophy and history?
Or is discussing ideas on their own merits against the rules given in the trickled down, half arsed, dumbed down atheist's handbook?

Last edited:
Any entity posing as God would claim to be God, why would that alone disqualify me?

If one is only posing as God, then one cannot be God. Get it?

You claimed earlier that you could be fooled by a skilled imposter to believe it was God, so what is your solution for separating God from the impostors?

Even if I was fooled, it makes no difference.
God Is, regardless of whether or not I accept.

You are thinking about God as if God we’re some superman, or some kind of grand wizard.
That’s the delusion, that stops you from accepting God.
If it’s not this it will be something else.
It will not stop, until you make it stop.

Jan.

As you don’t believe God is real, I take it you don’t believe Santa Claus is a real character.
I notice Jan chose his words carefully.

Santa is a real character. The Grinch is a real character too. So is She-ra Mistress of the Universe's Unicorn mount.

The Grinch, Swift Wind*, Santa and God are all characters (fictional creations, designed to seem real to the imagination), but that in no way makes them real, thinking entities.

*had to Google that one

If one is only posing as God, then one cannot be God. Get it?
Sounds like a good initial assumption.
Now: how to distinguish the "only" posers from the Gods. Evidence, argument, that kind of thing.
Even if I was fooled, it makes no difference.
God Is, regardless of whether or not I accept.
So you are content in your atheism, your denial of Capracus.
What's with all the posting about the atheism of others, then?

I notice Jan chose his words carefully.

Santa is a real character. The Grinch is a real character too. So is She-ra Mistress of the Universe's Unicorn mount.

The Grinch, Swift Wind*, Santa and God are all characters (fictional creations, designed to seem real to the imagination), but that in no way makes them real, thinking entities.

*had to Google that one

I never said they were real thinking entities.

Shovels are real too, and they aren’t real thinking entities. :rolleyes:

Jan.

God could be a vile thing.
So any vile thing could be God.
The "any vile thing" is by your insistence.
You refused to post criteria by which some vile things could be rejected as not your God, and instead insisted that your God was beyond human capacity to limit in any way.

Sounds like a good initial assumption.
Now: how to distinguish the "only" posers from the Gods. Evidence, argument, that kind of thing.

:?

So you are content in your atheism, your denial of Capracus.
What's with all the posting about the atheism of others, then?

Atheist - a person who does not believe in God.

Jan.

I never said they were real thinking entities.
Nor did I say you did.

Billvon recognizes Santa is a concept, but not a real person.

The same is easily applied to God. God is definitely a concept. Says nothing about God being real in any other sense.

You are thinking about God as if God we’re some superman, or some kind of grand wizard.
You've explained that quite well. He's like Santa Claus, a mythical figure who is very loosely based on a real character - but who humanity has expanded into a larger-than-life myth. You believe both are real. Most people know better.

Pssst let you into a secret
Christmas will come early to me this year in Bali in the form of two girls flying over from Jakarta
Off topic but where else can I boast

:)
I thought of that, given the history of that part of the world......

IMO, its related to the OP......:)

Last edited:
Back