Proof that the Christian god cannot exist

@NM --

Yes, I have read the bible the whole way through, multiple times, using multiple translations. And the story I cited is so well known that I didn't think that verse and chapter were really necessary. Everyone in the US(and virtually everyone elsewhere as well) knows the story of Adam and Eve, why should the verse it happened in make any damn difference?

This is an example of you moving the goalposts.
no, this is me qualifying your statement.

Not when the text explicitly disagrees with it no. If you can cite something from the bible that supports the whole omniscience thing then by all means do it, but you know as well as I do that there is no such verse in the bible.
there is no specific statement in the bible that says that God is either omniscience or not..only inferences that can be explained away by perspective
see:
Does one not ask ones children what they are doing even if one already knows the answer? We make rhetorical statements all the time, why can't God?

btw..I believe God can be omniscience and we still have free will, although i cannot argue this to convince you to believe it.
I can only argue there is no proof either way.

@Knowledge --
just to let you know, i won't stop you from scrutinizing knowledge..

It's quite simple: as with much else in the Bible, there are contradictory statements -

God has to ask.

Oops, he asked again...

And again...

(just some examples).

I mean I don't know why he insists the Abrahamic God isn't omniscient he doesn't believe as you do at least I don't think.

no, this is me qualifying your statement.

there is no specific statement in the bible that says that God is either omniscience or not..only inferences that can be explained away by perspective
see:

btw..I believe God can be omniscience and we still have free will, although i cannot argue this to convince you to believe it.
I can only argue there is no proof either way.

just to let you know, i won't stop you from scrutinizing knowledge..

Job 37:16

Do you know the balancings of the clouds,
the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge.

Psalm 147:5

Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

1 Samuel 2:3

Talk no more so very proudly,
let not arrogance come from your mouth;
for the LORD is a God of knowledge,
and by him actions are weighed.

Isaiah 55:9

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts

Job 28:24

For he looks to the ends of the earth
and sees everything under the heavens.

1 John 3:19-20

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Psalm 139:4

Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether

Two quick points:
1. Even if you are not a believer I would be careful about what you say b/c if you are wrong you do not want to suffer the wrath of speaking badly of your creator.

Mathew 12:31 And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

2. Don't make your self look stupid by repeating the same thing over again in new ways. Hear what the other person is saying and respond with new insight.

Proverbs 12:1
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.

The MOST important thing to remember is that our God is a God of LOVE!
He wants you to know Him and love Him and He wants to redeem you from the sin of this world. And He wants you to live a happy full life on earth always seeking Him and His love and protection.

Two quick points:
1. Even if you are not a believer I would be careful about what you say b/c if you are wrong you do not want to suffer the wrath of speaking badly of your creator.

So this particular God loves us but we will be subjected to his wrath because of our words?

Mathew 12:31 And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

This is a good thing because typically blasphemy is directed towards a deity, not a spirit or Holy Spirit.

The MOST important thing to remember is that our God is a God of LOVE! He wants you to know Him and love Him and He wants to redeem you from the sin of this world. And He wants you to live a happy full life on earth always seeking Him and His love and protection.

This is wishful thinking on your part. You have a need and an idea of what your God has to be and these attributes satify that need. Have you read the Bible? You do know that it's not exactly a love story, right?

1- No, Christians will not suffer wrath only those who do not believe. And yes, you will suffer his wrath for your words represent your heart. And if your heart is against God why would he bring you into his presence?? Why wouldn’t you suffer his wrath if you treat him poorly and not give thanks for the ultimate sacrifice of death on a cross for YOUR (yes you specifically you the person reading this right now) eternal life.

John 3:36 (NIV) "Whoever puts his faith in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see that life, for God's wrath remains on him."

2- Don’t try to play with words…it doesn’t look favorably on your intelligence. God is the Spirit and the Spirit is God and God is deity.
John 4:24 (NIV) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

3- I have most definitely read the bible and can tell you that from the beginning this is the greatest “love story” of the one who loves you trying to bring you closer to Him and redeem you because we cannot do it on our own.

Two quick points:
Self- evidently wrong.
If god is our creator then those who question were made to question.

Yeah yeah.

2. Don't make your self look stupid by repeating the same thing over again in new ways. Hear what the other person is saying and respond with new insight.
This from the guy who posted nothing but quotes from the Bible...

The MOST important thing to remember is that our God is a God of LOVE!
Actually the MOST important thing to remember is that your god is simply CLAIMED to be a god of love. There's no evidence for that claim.

@creationist --

Yeah, if god is so petty as to allow a few words to hurt his poor wittle feelings, then I think you'd be better off worshiping Einstein, at least he can't screw up anymore. Oh, and he's never unjustly given someone an infinite punishment for a finite crime, would you lock your children in a dungeon and torture them forever for pissing you off? God would.

@creationist --
Yeah, if god is so petty as to allow a few words to hurt his poor wittle feelings,
creationist:
God is a forgiving God..the attitude you speak of is from the catholic church to frighten ppl into believing..

Oh, and he's never unjustly given someone an infinite punishment for a finite crime,

again promoted by the catholic church to frighten ppl into believing.

My faith is not based on Fear.

@ Knowledge91
Reported.
If you can't actually contribute to the discussion you could at least stay out of it.

@NM --

God is a forgiving God..the attitude you speak of is from the catholic church to frighten ppl into believing..

Actually I was speaking from the bible. According to the bible then your god is petty, unless you don't believe the bible. And if you don't believe in the bible then that begs the question of why you call yourself a christian.

again promoted by the catholic church to frighten ppl into believing.

If I recall correctly, and I usually do, then it wasn't the catholic church that came up with eternal damnation, it was Jesus.

@Knowledge --

Make me or deal with it. Once you and a few others show me that you are worthy of my respect then you'll get it and not a second earlier. And yes, god is definitely included in that group of people.

Actually there's a third choice you can make, you can get the fuck out. You know what they say, if you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen.

@ Knowledge91
Reported.
If you can't actually contribute to the discussion you could at least stay out of it.

You have no faith, all you do is seek to disprove to faithful. Why do you do this? What science will you use to disprove He who knows all? You can not disprove YHWH. He is not there to disprove. You will never see his face, you will never here his voice. You will not recieve his mark. I am the discussion.

@NM --

Actually I was speaking from the bible. According to the bible then your god is petty, unless you don't believe the bible. And if you don't believe in the bible then that begs the question of why you call yourself a christian.
i don't believe in the literal bible. don't pigeonhole me, ask me first if i believe that X in the bible is true or not..do not assume i believe as others do.
and i have issues with the term 'your god'.
I only call myself a christian only because it is the closest label to what i believe..(find another statement from me,that claims otherwise)

If I recall correctly, and I usually do, then it wasn't the catholic church that came up with eternal damnation, it was Jesus.
ok..maybe the romans came up with it first,when they put the bible together,either way it was put in the bible to establish the authority of the Roman catholic church. of which I personally do not consider to be the authority.

@NM --

So when god himself said that he was a jealous and vengeful god, he didn't mean that literally? What could that be allegory for?

And you know for a fact that it was put in to the bible by the Romans? How do you know that it wasn't Jesus who preached it?

@NM --

So when god himself said that he was a jealous and vengeful god, he didn't mean that literally? What could that be allegory for?
prove that it was God himself who said..
And you know for a fact that it was put in to the bible by the Romans? How do you know that it wasn't Jesus who preached it?

why do you try to bait me with questions you already know the answer to?

@NM --

Ah, so what you're saying is that you think that some parts of the bible are true and others are false. How do you differentiate between the two given that you have no evidence to go on?

Back