Proof that the Christian god cannot exist

Hence your entire argument is based on a fallacious premise.
Please don't bother posting again.
Argument from personal incredulity

Argumentum ad baculum (appeal to the stick, appeal to force, appeal to threat): an argument made through coercion or threats of force to support position

Reification (hypostatization): a fallacy of ambiguity, when an abstraction (abstract belief or hypothetical construct) is treated as if it were a concrete, real event or physical entity. In other words, it is the error of treating as a "real thing" something which is not a real thing, but merely an idea.

Argument from fallacy: assumes that if an argument for some conclusion is fallacious, then the conclusion itself is false

Appeal to ridicule
An argument in which ridicule or mockery is substituted for evidence.

AND there should be an addendum to the 'Argument from authority' one, that says an argument based on the posters assumption that they are the authority.

(sorry, i think i am getting carried away with this fallacy thing..)

Actually no.
No one has claimed that omniscience = control (in fact I myself have pointed out numerous times that control is not required).
you quoted "Omniscience and Control are not synonyms."
and then inferred they were not. (by calling fallacy)
now you are saying "no one has claimed omniscience = control"
you did by calling fallacy on his comment.

I'll just stick with this one;

Argument from fallacy, you claimed "Hence your entire argument is based on a fallacious premise" ,
Argument from fallacy assumes that if an argument for some conclusion is fallacious, then the conclusion itself is false.

you quoted "Omniscience and Control are not synonyms."
and then inferred they were not. (by calling fallacy)
now you are saying "no one has claimed omniscience = control"
you did by calling fallacy on his comment.
Er no.
The argument as presented relies on omniscience being control. Since omniscience is NOT control then the "argument" fails.

Er no.
The argument as presented relies on omniscience being control.

No..he is arguing omniscience does not include control..
Originally Posted by creationist
There is no paradox at all as all knowing is not the same as all controlling

did you mean to address Cris, who creationist was referring to, who WAS arguing that omniscience = control..?

No..he is arguing omniscience does not include control.
Read it again: his "argument" is that since omniscience is not control then the omniscience vs free will is null and void: i.e. he's claiming that others claim omniscience = control (which is not the case).

did you mean to address Cris, who creationist was referring to, who WAS arguing that omniscience = control..?
No, that's not what Cris is saying.

i.e. he's claiming that others claim omniscience = control (which is not the case).
uh oh..now we are at the point that we are both guilty of..
reading more into what is said,then is actually said..(i couldn't find the fallacy term for this)(and haven't you argued against doing this very thing to you?)
nowhere in his post does it say anything about what others claim,so you are in error to assume he is claiming that others claim, as he did not claim anything to that end. ( again..Déjà vu..except with you arguing my point here..)

No, that's not what Cris is saying.

Conclusions:

If God is omniscient then humans do not have free will (see argument above)

If humans have true free will then God cannot be omniscient (see argument above).
ergo, omniscience = control ..

nowhere in his post does it say anything about what others claim,so you are in error to assume he is claiming that others claim, as he did not claim anything to that end. ( again..Déjà vu..except with you arguing my point here..)
Er:
Likewise, simply knowing how my husband will respond does not mean that I am directing his response.
Omniscience and Control are not synonyms.

ergo, omniscience = control ..
No, it's not.

:confused:..
i give up..
you keep transposing quotes and quote out of context..
Really? Where have I done that?

Omniscience is not control.
It's quite simple.
If omniscience exists then everything is (must, of necessity, be) predetermined.
Omniscience knows what the future is. It doesn't control that future, it simply "accesses" it: hence it's knowledge not coercion or control.

I've always wondered why christians seem so eager to give their god omniscience(and yes NM, it would negate free will as all choices would already be known so no choice could possibly be made) when the bible quite clearly indicates that god doesn't have omniscience.

@NM --

Ever read Genesis? God had to ask Adam and Eve why they were wearing clothes, an omniscient god wouldn't have had to do so. Also an omniscient god wouldn't get angry when humans failed him because he'd have already known that they were going to do so. There's any number of places in the bible like that. Nowhere does the bible even come close to saying that god is omniscient.

So why are christians so eager to give god that trait, especially when it means that they can't use their favorite excuse for the existence of evil(free will)?

@NM --

Ever read Genesis? God had to ask Adam and Eve why they were wearing clothes, an omniscient god wouldn't have had to do so. Also an omniscient god wouldn't get angry when humans failed him because he'd have already known that they were going to do so. There's any number of places in the bible like that. Nowhere does the bible even come close to saying that god is omniscient.
have you read the bible all the way through? (how do you know 'Nowhere does the bible even come close to saying'?) i notice you did not bring any verses to back up your opinion.

and i already know you would not accept any alternate perspective regarding this, so why should i answer?

@NM --

So why are christians so eager to give god that trait, especially when it means that they can't use their favorite excuse for the existence of evil(free will)?

Blahbity blah blah. Just because he "knows" the outcome doesn't mean it will happen. He knows it ends in tribulation, but there is still a shot. You are getting progressivly worse.

I don't know why you insist the biblical or Abrahamic God isn't omniscient.
It's quite simple: as with much else in the Bible, there are contradictory statements -
Genesis 3:8-13
8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

12And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

13And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
God has to ask.

ob 1:7
7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Oops, he asked again...

Genesis 32:24-27
24And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

25And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

26And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

27And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
And again...

(just some examples).

Back