Nonsense: Prove/Disprove existence of a god or gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously don't understand what "free will" is or means.

Maybe you should go away and learn that, then afterwards perhaps you'd be better equipped to have a discussion on here.
are you saying i should go away because you care for my well being? or because you are afraid of me

No, I'm saying you should go away because you're annoying and you have nothing to contribute.

akoreamerican, you say you want to prove that believing in God is good, so please prove it.
You say that not believing makes you a sheep... if so who is the shepherd? What are we all following in such a herded way?

You say that not believing means we have given up our freewill, but the you admit that by believing you also give it up, so how is one or the other a benefit with regard retaining freewill? Surely it is those that follow something with blind faith, that give up, as you would have it, their freewill to follow something that can not be proven, that are more prone to be sheep, if they follow merely because others do (which is the essence of being referred to as a sheep).
And if they don't follow merely because others do, how would they be sheep? And on what basis are they following?

akoreamerican, you say you want to prove that believing in God is good, so please prove it.
You say that not believing makes you a sheep... if so who is the shepherd? What are we all following in such a herded way?
You say that not believing means we have given up our freewill, but the you admit that by believing you also give it up, so how is one or the other a benefit with regard retaining freewill?
believers in the old way were sheep, but i tell you believers in the present are lions.

You say that not believing means we have given up our freewill, but the you admit that by believing you also give it up, so how is one or the other a benefit with regard retaining freewill? Surely it is those that follow something with blind faith, that give up, as you would have it, their freewill to follow something that can not be proven, that are more prone to be sheep, if they follow merely because others do (which is the essence of being referred to as a sheep).
And if they don't follow merely because others do, how would they be sheep? And on what basis are they following?
if you are not brave enough to forge the path to truth(god) in todays political climate, you are merely sheep perhaps robot sheep even

i suppose everyone has become a shepherd in the age of knowledge. whenever you teach a truth to someone you are a shepherd. whenever you mislead someone for your own benefit you are a wolf.
i believe in god not because others do or not do, i believe because i am choosing to. you are right that there are many believers who are sheep, but i suspect many are mutating into lions.

i suppose everyone has become a shepherd in the age of knowledge. whenever you teach a truth to someone you are a shepherd. whenever you mislead someone for your own benefit you are a wolf.
i believe in god not because others do or not do, i believe because i am choosing to. you are right that there are many believers who are sheep, but i suspect many are mutating into lions.
You mean there is nothing that convinced you there is a God? You chose to believe so you could be one of the blessed?

exactly like this below huh? (shrugs)
i have used my "free will" to believe that jesus is god i do not need evidence. ,you see ?
i'm sorry for not clarifying myself. to believe or not believe is not the same as non belief. to believe or not believe requires you to make a choice. non belief requires nothing.

i chose to believe when i had no reason to and i was sincere. if you honestly search for god he will reveal himself to you but only if your search is not tainted by selfishness, or the desire to please other people. in your search the desire to please god has to come first

i chose to believe when i had no reason to and i was sincere. if you honestly search for god he will reveal himself to you but only if your search is not tainted by selfishness, or the desire to please other people. in your search the desire to please god has to come first

I do not believe you.

< >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back