Muslims lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is entertaining to me at this point is how quiet MW has become while we all debate how evil we are to her. Er-wait nonono my bad. Muslims are naughty liars, Christians and Jews are weak minded fools who need crutches. I look forward to what words of wisdom she'll spout next. Perhaps she'll lash out at hinduism or shintoism... I keep hoping she'll nip at native american religion, just for some spice. I don't think she is an Atheist. She's just Anti-religion in general. If she were an Atheist, she wouldn't care, would she?

If I had to guess, Wiccan.

in judaisim the world is made of spheres, and basically this spheres create the universe we see. god is in everything because he conceals himself but he makes everything tick.

more or less. --im not a believer.
Then you might not be, according to MW, evil.

I got a decent amount of Judaism and even a few months of Hebrew when I was a kid because of where I grew up, despite the fact that it was a public school and I wasn't Jewish. But it has all slipped away just like Spanish.

Then you might not be, according to MW, evil.

I got a decent amount of Judaism and even a few months of Hebrew when I was a kid because of where I grew up, despite the fact that it was a public school and I wasn't Jewish. But it has all slipped away just like Spanish.

Actually MW would be more likely to accept sefirot as a concept, she disagrees with the gmitzrah....I think that's the word.. The contraints that people need to follow in order to live.

Some people that the world is set down with rules, and if you know those rules you can have true freedom.
Others believe the world is set down in chaos, and there are no rules. Rather creating them opposes freedom.

Some people that the world is set down with rules, and if you know those rules you can have true freedom.
Others believe the world is set down in chaos, and there are no rules. Rather creating them opposes freedom.

I had a paper on the Kabbalah that a Jewish friend gave me. I think he would have some fun discussions with you.

What do you believe? In rules or chaos?

I've done the whole wiccan thing. An ye harm none, do what ye will. This wouldn't include attacking other religions would it? NEW AGE I'm not so informed about, except they're into crystals. Perhaps she is a member of a secret underground religious movement, seeking to foment unnecessary hard feelings between Atheists and any Theists.

I had a paper on the Kabbalah that a Jewish friend gave me. I think he would have some fun discussions with you.

What do you believe? In rules or chaos?

I believe in Laws.
And Kabbalah = Oral Tradition.

What kind of paper? Most of the time when people say "kabbalah" they mean "Aitz-HaDaat" or something similar. Of which I don't study. I've studied Sefer Yetzirah, but only to get a better grasp on Hebrew. And I have also studied Nachmanides, outside of that my understanding and sometimes AGREEMENT is limited. Much of the modern forms of it have been hijacked by 3rd party fanatics in order to gain some "Mystical knowledge" they are searching for.

It was a paper he wrote on the Kabbalah himself. Very interesting, the first time I had heard of it. Its a private communication, but your comments reminded me of it. :p

And yeah, I'm a believer in order myself. Chaos is not for me.

Actually MW would be more likely to accept sefirot as a concept, she disagrees with the gmitzrah....I think that's the word.. The contraints that people need to follow in order to live.

I could see this dichotomy being used to start quite a bit of sophistry. I think the choices are more complicated and that rules are too often seen as contextless.

I could see this dichotomy being used to start quite a bit of sophistry. I think the choices are more complicated and that rules are too often seen as contextless.

I hear your point, but my summation doesn't give the depth to the disagreement justice.
Also, it's one fundamental disagreement amongst many.

Sophistry?
Aneristic fallacy versus Eristic fallacy.
What happened to balance?
The former seems to be the fallacy that the universe is simply order. The latter I cannot find. Eristic seems to mean arguing for arguments sake.

Balance, yes. I agree. That is left out by the dichotomy. But I think the definitions need to be pored over to. And will our rules be deontological or act utilitarian?

Can we get away with guidelines?

Do we have to focus on the development of limits rather than a fostering of inner goodness or some such?

I hear your point, but my summation doesn't give the depth to the disagreement justice.
Also, it's one fundamental disagreement amongst many.
Good. I'm glad to hear you say it. If any of these fundamental disagreements interest you as a discussion beginning, I'd be happy to join a thread you started.

We have a kind of religious philosophical dabbling going on, which is fine, but if you want to go into greater depth, I'm there.

Eristic seems to mean arguing for arguments sake.
Tch, certainly not.
You insult my religion sir.;)
Oh, I can see how you got that impression:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eristic
Nope:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism

Balance, yes. I agree. That is left out by the dichotomy. But I think the definitions need to be pored over to. And will our rules be deontological or act utilitarian?
That's the problem in a nutshell: why discuss/ argue/ define terms?
(other than for the exchange of views).
Just get on with it.

Can we get away with guidelines?
Do you need anything than consideration for others?

Do we have to focus on the development of limits rather than a fostering of inner goodness or some such?
Should I put on my left boot before my right one?
Does it matter in the end, so long as I finish with my boots on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back