Jesus Without The Bible...?

of course heart. think about it. :m:

ummm thinking...ummm thinking how could you know that the stories in the Bible just aren't just that?

all of this killing isn't ok with me. i never said it was. why do you think i bitch at god so much? but heart...it happens, and there's a god. what are you gonna do?

and you believe that this God described in the Bible is the God? I'm sincerely asking, if you do believe that, how can you be okay with serving that kind of God, especially since he is unstable, murderous, narcissistic kind of God?

If the central message it that we are all human and are all in this together, then I'm down with that.

But if it's that god had to come to Earth and kill himself because someone ate an apple, then that's a little ludicrous don't ya think?

Do you want me to take your seriously? "because someone ate an apple"

Or do you just want to be a smart mouth.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

The problem is, I do understand it. It was through serious and sincere study that I came to realize that it's a myth, pure and simple.

Well then woe to you if you have read it and understood it. For you have rejected it.

Pardon me for butting into this conversation between you and gmilam, but gmilam made a very valid statement. I don't see it as being a smart mouth statement at all.

The way I see it, a true God isn't going to send someone to hell (not to mention create it to begin with) period, especially because they may not see things or do things the way he would desire. Not anymore than a parent who would turn their back on their child and have them tortured for eternity because they didn't praise him enough or follow his ways. That is just beyond insane and exhibits actions of anything but a true loving God who would be able to rise above human emotions. It's barbaric and heartless.

Again, my apologies for butting in but...well I did. Sorry guys.

peace

ummm thinking...ummm thinking how could you know that the stories in the Bible just aren't just that?

I'm the chosen lady remember? The woman in revelations. The tree of life.

and you believe that this God described in the Bible is the God? I'm sincerely asking, if you do believe that, how can you be okay with serving that kind of God, especially since he is unstable, murderous, narcissistic kind of God?

He hasn't been that way to me. He's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. You know I know you have 3 good reasons to want to believe he's bad, and thost reasons aren't scriptures. You're jaded.

Besides, he's the only god we've got, and IS GOD. I want what he wants, the annihilation of sin and the restoration of communion. So I'm in.

I'm the chosen lady remember? The woman in revelations. The tree of life.

He hasn't been that way to me. He's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. You know I know you have 3 good reasons to want to believe he's bad, and thost reasons aren't scriptures. You're jaded.

Besides, he's the only god we've got, and IS GOD. I want what he wants, the annihilation of sin and the restoration of communion. So I'm in.

That is Great Mom , You know what some say " God is Great , Most Gracious, and He has the Temple with him , Then He him self says " Who is Like Me "

Pardon me for butting into this conversation between you and gmilam, but gmilam made a very valid statement. I don't see it as being a smart mouth statement at all.

The way I see it, a true God isn't going to send someone to hell (not to mention create it to begin with) period, especially because they may not see things or do things the way he would desire. Not anymore than a parent who would turn their back on their child and have them tortured for eternity because they didn't praise him enough or follow his ways. That is just beyond insane and exhibits actions of anything but a true loving God who would be able to rise above human emotions. It's barbaric and heartless.

Again, my apologies for butting in but...well I did. Sorry guys.

peace

heart, ffs take a look around. people do it to themselves.

heart, ffs take a look around. people do it to themselves

Well freaky fucking snake, Lori. :D

I know your theory regarding that, but it's not one that I can swallow. Regardless, my point was that...well let's put it this way

Would you ever create THE ultimate place of torture, where there is agonizing pain, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth all for your child if they do not obey, believe the way you want them or do everything that you want them to?

How long would you send them there to be in pain, Lori? A day, a month, a year? The Bible says Hell is for eternity, would you send your child to such a place for eternity, Lori?

God's design/threat of hell is nothing but psychological control in a sense, all the while trying to hide behind, "but you have a choice". What is a choice for you may be completely different for someone else. Some might be okay with God being a bully and a God who can make Saddam look like Cinderella- but I'll just say if there ever was a God, this would be the world's worse picture of a loving God ever.

It's not about me being jaded or not- I just happen to know the Bible fairly well. I have read it cover to cover- I know it's contents. If you are just relying on the Holy Spirit to teach you things, I don't know why you'd even have to use the Bible. You could just open any ole book and let the Holy Spirit do its magic work and reveal what it chooses to show you. Be it a comic book, newspaper, The Three Little Pigs, etc...

There is no way in hell I'd ever believe this Christian God to be anything but a true jerk. Would you have married your husband if he was a jerk and mistreated you badly? Are those the types of characteristics you'd desire in a husband or even a friend? Then why the heck would you desire that and be okay with that in the Biblical God?

Well freaky fucking snake, Lori. :D

I know your theory regarding that, but it's not one that I can swallow. Regardless, my point was that...well let's put it this way

Would you ever create THE ultimate place of torture, where there is agonizing pain, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth all for your child if they do not obey, believe the way you want them or do everything that you want them to?

How long would you send them there to be in pain, Lori? A day, a month, a year? The Bible says Hell is for eternity, would you send your child to such a place for eternity, Lori?

God's design/threat of hell is nothing but psychological control in a sense, all the while trying to hide behind, "but you have a choice". What is a choice for you may be completely different for someone else. Some might be okay with God being a bully and a God who can make Saddam look like Cinderella- but I'll just say if there ever was a God, this would be the world's worse picture of a loving God ever.

It's not about me being jaded or not- I just happen to know the Bible fairly well. I have read it cover to cover- I know it's contents. If you are just relying on the Holy Spirit to teach you things, I don't know why you'd even have to use the Bible. You could just open any ole book and let the Holy Spirit do its magic work and reveal what it chooses to show you. Be it a comic book, newspaper, The Three Little Pigs, etc...

There is no way in hell I'd ever believe this Christian God to be anything but a true jerk. Would you have married your husband if he was a jerk and mistreated you badly? Are those the types of characteristics you'd desire in a husband or even a friend? Then why the heck would you desire that and be okay with that in the Biblical God?

God has never mistreated me. If people desire evil, and if god and I desire to rid my existence of it, then they need a place to go. Hell seems appropriate. They can stay as long as they like.

Yeah, but people supposedly go to hell for such things as worshiping other Gods. Are all Hindus, Buddhists, etc. evil?

God has never mistreated me. If people desire evil, and if god and I desire to rid my existence of it, then they need a place to go. Hell seems appropriate. They can stay as long as they like.

Now I know I had some questions in my post for you. I know they were tough questions about what you would do as a mother. If you wouldn't want those things for your child-let alone actually punish them in such a manner, how could you serve a God who would do them to those who don't agree, believe, act, fart, sneeze with the way he wants?

Now, to your answer in this post. Lor, I'm not taking away that you say God has never mistreated you. I'm specifically talking about those actions of God in the Bible. The book that you believe to be factual. Which means if you believe those accounts are real...well see my above posts where I ask you, how can you say it's okay for him to do these things in the bible yet when it comes to God telling this woman to kill her children, it doesn't set well with you? What makes it so very different then vs now? All the sudden God doesn't do those things anymore and matured? I...just don't get it. :confused:

I'm going to make a bet with you Lori. I'd bet everything I own that no sane person would want to go to the place described as hell in the Bible and want to stay there for eternity. That's a shitty answer my friend. It's not a choice. That's like saying, well you can do this or that BUT you have no other options of something you TRULY would rather do. See, if I had a choice of hell/demons/pain/torture etc....vs dwelling with a bully who cares nothing but himself...what if I don't want either choice. What if I'd rather spend eternity listening to rock and drinking beer or spending my time in Hawaii....THAT would be a choice- not an ultimatum given (hell)

Now I know I had some questions in my post for you. I know they were tough questions about what you would do as a mother. If you wouldn't want those things for your child-let alone actually punish them in such a manner, how could you serve a God who would do them to those who don't agree, believe, act, fart, sneeze with the way he wants?

Now, to your answer in this post. Lor, I'm not taking away that you say God has never mistreated you. I'm specifically talking about those actions of God in the Bible. The book that you believe to be factual. Which means if you believe those accounts are real...well see my above posts where I ask you, how can you say it's okay for him to do these things in the bible yet when it comes to God telling this woman to kill her children, it doesn't set well with you? What makes it so very different then vs now? All the sudden God doesn't do those things anymore and matured? I...just don't get it. :confused:

I'm going to make a bet with you Lori. I'd bet everything I own that no sane person would want to go to the place described as hell in the Bible and want to stay there for eternity. That's a shitty answer my friend. It's not a choice. That's like saying, well you can do this or that BUT you have no other options of something you TRULY would rather do. See, if I had a choice of hell/demons/pain/torture etc....vs dwelling with a bully who cares nothing but himself...what if I don't want either choice. What if I'd rather spend eternity listening to rock and drinking beer or spending my time in Hawaii....THAT would be a choice- not an ultimatum given (hell)

well then why is it that people make hell on earth?

Yeah, but people supposedly go to hell for such things as worshiping other Gods. Are all Hindus, Buddhists, etc. evil?

how do you know they're worshipping other gods? just because we call them by different names, or depict them differently in art?

the key is intent and the spirit. it's not a trick. there's no catch. you either want to know god or you don't, for the right reasons or not. if you don't believe you can know god, then that's a problem. i don't know that so many other religions would explain to you that you can.

i don't care what religion you are, you can do yoga, or meditate, or practice rituals, or bow, or recite, or sing, or whatever all day long, and it won't get you to god.

well then why is it that people make hell on earth?

There is a difference between hell described in the Bible and the saying “hell on earth”. They are not the same. You may think so, but they aren't. Read your Bible and see.

I’m not here to solve everyone’s problems regarding their own “personal hell”. I’m just saying that a God who would purposely create such a horrible violent f’d up place and set up rules that if people didn’t believe the way he wants etc… are to be tortured for eternity- has really got some mental issues!

If you wouldn’t do this to your child, if you couldn’t even comprehend doing one little thing to ever harm him/her in this same precise manner…whyyyyyyyyyy is it okay for the Biblical God to do it? Why?

Do you really expect me to take you seriously? You believe the knowledge of good and evil grew on a tree.

Back