Jesus Without The Bible...?

he's blatantly lying, and i would never lie about god or what's happened to me, and he's more believable? yeah, that's real rational.
How many other people do you know who claim to have literal conversations with god? Is it the same number who claim to have literal conversations with rabbits?

How many people does God literally have to talk to?

A few messengers down through history maybe.

No wonder that few have heard from Him in a conversational kind of way. There is no mayor need for Him to do it. That does not discount the fact that if He choses He can talk to people in a literal audible Way.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

How many other people do you know who claim to have literal conversations with god? Is it the same number who claim to have literal conversations with rabbits?

i know several other people who have, and that's just me personally. that's not to mention the many many testimonies of people that i don't know personally, like in the op (mz's cuz).

i don't know anyone who has conversations with rabbits. i have however come across more than a few smart asses who think it's funny to say shit like that because their egos can't handle the idea of a personal god (like the one in the bible).

Oh that's a good one. So if the book is OLD it must be right.

Hence, the gibberish in the bible, and that's with a bunch of Bishops massaging it at the council of Nicea.

not arguing right vs wrong..
its more of a communication issue,we have more to communicate these days then they had back then to communicate with, the audience of the bible at the time it was written was different than the audience today,alot of the analogies written in the bible was culture dependent,some of those references are lost due to time, and cultural changes, when was the last time anyone got stoned? (all right..ignore the obvious jokes..:m:)

as far as the council of nicea, i would have to agree with that part, the trick is to hash out the councils 'flavor' to understand the original intent and context.

not arguing right vs wrong..
its more of a communication issue,we have more to communicate these days then they had back then to communicate with, the audience of the bible at the time it was written was different than the audience today,alot of the analogies written in the bible was culture dependent,some of those references are lost due to time, and cultural changes, when was the last time anyone got stoned? (all right..ignore the obvious jokes..:m:)

as far as the council of nicea, i would have to agree with that part, the trick is to hash out the councils 'flavor' to understand the original intent and context.

That just sounds like you're saying that the book is hard for us to understand because it isn't directed at us, but at our ancestors. So it was a one shot deal. No second edition for a more sophisticated crowd? God can't afford the printing costs? Really, that was one lame effort to spread "the word". This is like the thread about God needing a new PR department and advertising campaign.

That just sounds like you're saying that the book is hard for us to understand because it isn't directed at us, but at our ancestors. So it was a one shot deal. No second edition for a more sophisticated crowd? God can't afford the printing costs? Really, that was one lame effort to spread "the word". This is like the thread about God needing a new PR department and advertising campaign.

i often wonder if the bible was written in today's terms how it would be like.
i would think it would still be as controversial (mainly the fight against 'do as your told), as misquoted (human nature to use it to validate ones own opinion), and as weaponized (obey or else) as the original..

IOW in order to gleen Gods understanding from it,we MUST account for the human factor involved in the writings.

i know several other people who have, and that's just me personally. that's not to mention the many many testimonies of people that i don't know personally, like in the op (mz's cuz).

i don't know anyone who has conversations with rabbits. i have however come across more than a few smart asses who think it's funny to say shit like that because their egos can't handle the idea of a personal god (like the one in the bible).
I know zero of each.

I can handle the idea of a personal god, I just see no reliable evidence of it.

i often wonder if the bible was written in today's terms how it would be like.
i would think it would still be as controversial (mainly the fight against 'do as your told), as misquoted (human nature to use it to validate ones own opinion), and as weaponized (obey or else) as the original..

IOW in order to gleen Gods understanding from it,we MUST account for the human factor involved in the writings.
Mighty weak god who can't protect his message from misinterpretation by puny humans. Especially when he could just sit down and talk to us. :rolleyes:

Mighty weak god who can't protect his message from misinterpretation by puny humans. Especially when he could just sit down and talk to us. :rolleyes:

Funny, I was just about to say "why a book?" How impersonal. The deal behind publishing is to be able to "talk" at (not to) a lot of folks at once (and get paid for it). I feel we are playing into Lori's hands here :D but the keenest guy in existence shouldn't have that limitation. Of course if we all had simultaneous specific messages from it on a regular basis, we could verify them with one another and doubt wouldn't be an issue. Why would he make doubt possible? What does that get him? Speaking of that, why does he need anything? Why does he want anything? Odd that he would have either needs or desires at all. Desires are what you get when you don't yet have something you want. And how can he have fun with this little experiment of life when he set it up? Is he puzzled about how it is going to turn out. Are we his pets? He's pretty mean to us if that's so. I would never let my cats suffer this way.

What is the purpose of being so inscrutable? Why would it make doubt so easy? What is he testing? Is he trying to weed out anyone with a disciplined mind and good judgment? If he just wants people who function on faith, he is limiting himself to a lot of early diers. I have faith that bus won't hit me because God is protecting me. Faith is generally a bad way to make your way around the world, because you will get some really nasty surprises.

and again a person blames God for humanities decisions..

can't and doesn't are two different things.

You, and the other people you know, might be (should be) interested in this.

Funny, I was just about to say "why a book?" How impersonal. The deal behind publishing is to be able to "talk" at (not to) a lot of folks at once (and get paid for it). I feel we are playing into Lori's hands here :D but the keenest guy in existence shouldn't have that limitation. Of course if we all had simultaneous specific messages from it on a regular basis, we could verify them with one another and doubt wouldn't be an issue. Why would he make doubt possible? What does that get him? Speaking of that, why does he need anything? Why does he want anything? Odd that he would have either needs or desires at all. Desires are what you get when you don't yet have something you want. And how can he have fun with this little experiment of life when he set it up? Is he puzzled about how it is going to turn out. Are we his pets? He's pretty mean to us if that's so. I would never let my cats suffer this way.

What is the purpose of being so inscrutable? Why would it make doubt so easy? What is he testing? Is he trying to weed out anyone with a disciplined mind and good judgment? If he just wants people who function on faith, he is limiting himself to a lot of early diers. I have faith that bus won't hit me because God is protecting me. Faith is generally a bad way to make your way around the world, because you will get some really nasty surprises.

yeah, guys like you are going to bitch either way. god's just not good enough for you right? no, it's that you're afraid.

i have a disciplined mind and good judgement, and i live in faith. i have no doubt because i know things you don't know. rather, i know things you don't want to know.

AFRAID? With the risks I'm taking by telling an infinite number of supernatural postulations to go pound sand? I could end up in zillion kinds of hell, if even some of them panned out.

I would LOVE to be able to know more than we can actually know. Just can't. But I'm trying.

So, "he" doesn't care? Once again, why deliver a message if you don't care about it's integrity being maintained?

how does he doesn't act equal he doesn't care?
he still created us with the ability to choose, you keep thinking of God as someone who would take our choices away..
why would he?
its MAN who tries to take our choices away, not God

God gave us a message,we still have the choice to listen or not.

how does he doesn't act equal he doesn't care?
he still created us with the ability to choose, you keep thinking of God as someone who would take our choices away..
why would he?
its MAN who tries to take our choices away, not God

God gave us a message,we still have the choice to listen or not.
I'm not asking for much, just a clear definition of what he wants from us - if anything. Would you sign a contract without reading the fine print?

Hell, Lori claims to have conversations with him - all I'm asking for is a simple eMail.

yeah, guys like you are going to bitch either way. god's just not good enough for you right? no, it's that you're afraid.

i have a disciplined mind and good judgement, and i live in faith. i have no doubt because i know things you don't know. rather, i know things you don't want to know.
Quite judgmental up there on your little pulpit aren't you.

I'm not asking for much, just a clear definition of what he wants from us - if anything. Would you sign a contract without reading the fine print?

Hell, Lori claims to have conversations with him - all I'm asking for is a simple eMail.

wouldn't that be nice..
but then it would be about 'do as your told'..

i seriously do not think God is a Dictator, man makes him out to be that way, usually for their own ends, not Gods.
I think of him more as a guru, he teaches you how to make your own decisions.

Back