Jesus Failed

Thanks. So morals are relative to each and everyone. Some people have empathy for example, some cold hearted killers don't. I guess the foundation of most peoples moral codes came from the Judea/christian teachings. Another win for God.
Another win?

I don't think so

Morals existed long before Mr Invisible was conjured up

:)

Another win?

I don't think so

Morals existed long before Mr Invisible was conjured up

Unfortunately for you He isn't invisible. Have a holiday in Africa with a tribe of cannibals(try their moral code for size), or Egypt with its oh so rich history.

No, the personal take each person had on "Mr. Invisible" did.
But "Mr. Invisible" is reflected in our culture whether we go to church or not, whether you accept him or not. You can't escape him. Many people's sense of right and wrong are a derivative passed down to them. You're a Christian by default.

But "Mr. Invisible" is reflected in our culture whether we go to church or not, whether you accept him or not. You can't escape him. Many people's sense of right and wrong are a derivative passed down to them. You're a Christian by default.

The bible mentions some interesting philosophies... or truths. I vote Truth.

Applicable to Jews:

Jeremiah 31:33

Everyone else:

Hebrews 10:16

The bible mentions some interesting philosophies... or truths. I vote Truth.

Applicable to Jews:

Jeremiah 31:33

Everyone else:

Hebrews 10:16
I apologize for not having the motivation to pull out my bible and look those up. Maybe you can quote them here and simplify my life today so I can respond properly.

My point is that most people are good, a product of their social environment, which was (in our culture) infused with Christian principles. It's been diluted and morphed over the years, but I believe people still strive to be good people. The way they express that desire has changed.

I apologize for not having the motivation to pull out my bible and look those up. Maybe you can quote them here and simplify my life today so I can respond properly.

My point is that most people are good, a product of their social environment, which was (in our culture) infused with Christian principles. It's been diluted and morphed over the years, but I believe people still strive to be good people. The way they express that desire has changed.

I look around, and people don't strive to be good people only a chump would think otherwise.

Crap. Most people are just borderline ethical and will dive over the line blythely.

And I have no religion, never had, never will. Your pathetic and desperate projection is utterly absurd.

Wouldn't that be something if he was/is? Considering his influence over time, wouldn't that be something?
As far as I understand bible "history" and standard history and the records of population available from the time there is no record of jc existence

Given the time frame I would be surprised even some records still exist

Thought bubble - who would Mary put as the father of jc? She has two options, god or Joseph

If the birth record was found and dad was recorded as god case closed. If Joseph I doubt they would be the only married couple with the names of Joseph and Mary

And I suspect given the movement of the birthdate of jc, around the calendar, until the church decided to steal a very active pagan celebratory day, 25th December, even the year would be suspect

Back