Islam, World's Fastest Growing Religion

Do you Know that Islam is now the Fastest Growing Religion in The World ?

• Really, I did not know that

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, I know

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, I did not know that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure if that is true.

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please explain how a conversion rate shows how it is the one true religion of God.

Could it not just as equally show that many people are deluded?

Come on, just admit it man, you lost the race .

Christianity is no longer providing any guidance for mankind, Islam is the only viable alternative.

Let us concentrate on this amazing news about those AMERICAN GUARDS who converted to Islam.......isn't EXTRAORDINARY !

Originally posted by Proud_Syrian
Come on, just admit it man, you lost the race .
When the race is defined as a contest between contending superstitions, some of us choose not to run. Sadly, the only winner of your race is ignorance. Congratulations.

Originally posted by Cris
Proud_Syrian,

Here are all the threads you have started. What are the names of the threads you claim are missing?
================================

I posted a thread called Islam is the world's fastest growing religion and it was deleted, i posted it again ( and this is why James was asking me not to repeat the same threads again, not knowing that when i repat posting it means the first ones were not posted or deleted ).

:confused:

Originally posted by Dr Lou Natic
Wow, I never noticed how much proud syrian talks about islam.
Speaking of islam, what a lameass religion, I mean really "islam", what the hell is that?
Go **** yourself islam.

Thank you, it only shows the level of your civility.

Proud_Syrian:

<i>I posted a thread called Islam is the world's fastest growing religion and it was deleted, i posted it again ( and this is why James was asking me not to repeat the same threads again, not knowing that when i repat posting it means the first ones were not posted or deleted ).</i>

But wait!

What's this thread you're reading right now? It certainly looks like it's about Islam being the world's fastest growing religion...

I have learned that you can't judge a religion by the bad things that the people do. You can't say that Christianity is false because it is the reason for the crusades. You may say it is false for other reasons, but to say, "The people are bad, so the ideas must not be important" is just faulty reasoning.

It's the same reversed. Just because these people converted, just because your religion is the fasted growing religion in the world, what does that have to do with me? I've known many people that have done "evil" deeds, just because they were doing it, should I? Please explain why I should read into your religion. And don't give me any of that "He's the greatest man" stuff. That, again, only stated that the man was good, not that the ideas were good. If you would like, I could give you my e-mail address, and we could talk about your religion. I don't care about website links or anything; it would be much easier to have a conversation about it than to read through pages of uninteresting-ness.

Thanks for your comments.

The fact is that we are living in an era of HYSTERIC islamophobia and the constant attack by the western media against islam and muslims make us muslims very wary of any new developments.

seeing our religion growing so fast despite all this hate and anti muslim propaganda means a lot to us.....I hope you can understand.

I would like to talk with you by E-mail, you can write a private message to me with your e-mail....thank you.

Originally posted by chalcedony
What does this prove?

I think it proves that the followers of Islam mainly come from third world countries where the ignorant masses fail to practice birth control. The children born to these primitives are Muslim by default, and they are never even offered an alternative. I'm not sure this is anything to boast about.

Originally posted by Nehushta
I think it proves that the followers of Islam mainly come from third world countries where the ignorant masses fail to practice birth control. The children born to these primitives are Muslim by default, and they are never even offered an alternative. I'm not sure this is anything to boast about.

Your comments show the level of you sheer ignorance about the WESTERN CONVERSTION TO ISLAM...

I live in Europe, when I walk in any European capital, I see so MANY WHITE BLUE-EYED WESTERN women wearing the Hijab ( the muslim headscarf), we have between 6-8 converts every week in our local mosque......which world you are talking about ?

take this for example:

Candice%20Vancraenenbroek.jpg

European Union president for research Candice Vancraenenbroek pauses before speaking during an International Women's Day Conference at the EU Charlemagne building in Brussels, Friday, March 8, 2002. Vancraenenbroek, born into a Belgian Catholic family, converted to Islam at an early age and has co-founded a group to help those women who also wish to convert.

Or this one:

Heather_Ramaha.jpg

New convert to Islam since September 11,
US Navy petty officer, Heather Ramaha.

for more about the westerners who are converting to islam, check this site;

http://www.islamfortoday.com/converts.htm#COTW

or this one about the JEWS who are converting to islam:

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/

or why not check the NEW YORK TIMES which talks about THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS WHO CONVERTED TO ISLAM BEFROE AND AFTER 9/11 !

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30D13FA345A0C718EDDA90994D9404482

Have a nice day !

So most of the growth you're talking about can be attributed to conversion rather than the unchecked birth rates in Muslim countries? And how many of those women converted because they were convinced of the truth of the religious tenets of Islam rather than, say, because of their interest in a Muslim man who will not marry outside of his religion?

Proud Syrian

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top but...

PS: We dont go around knocking doors preaching our Quran to the people like you guys do and yet our great Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world !!!

Members of your religion don't go around knocking on doors;
however, they most certainly preach. I have four Muslim friends
and they ALL very tactfully try to cram their religion down my
throat at any opportunity. I should note that one of them (my
closest friend out of the bunch) has stopped his preaching and
also appears to be the most open minded amongst the group.

Proud Syrian

You forgot one, Proud Syrian

story.scarf.ap.jpg

Nashalah Hern has been suspended from the sixth grade in Muskogee, Oklahoma, because the hijab violates the school's dress code, which bans headgear. Ironically, young Ms. Hern has been suspended from the Ben Franklin Science Academy; sickeningly ironic, Hern was summoned to the school office and informed that she was forbidden to wear the hijab ... on September 11. (CNN)

Originally posted by Nehushta
So most of the growth you're talking about can be attributed to conversion rather than the unchecked birth rates in Muslim countries? And how many of those women converted because they were convinced of the truth of the religious tenets of Islam rather than, say, because of their interest in a Muslim man who will not marry outside of his religion?

I am not saying Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world because of conversion mainly, of course the high rate of birth in the muslim world plays a vital role as well, but your ignorant comments about Islam generated my response.

and what's wrong with the high rate of birth ? Europe is dying out because of chronic low rate of birth, so muslims will make up the difference.

;)

And to suggest that these Western women converted because of muslim man is AN INSULT to these western independent liberal women, muslim man can and is allowed to marry girls who are not muslims, you see, you again shows sheer ignorance of islam and its culture.........

Please, Get some education about islam..!

This site might help:

http://www.islamworld.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Proud Syrian

Originally posted by tiassa
You forgot one, Proud Syrian

story.scarf.ap.jpg

Nashalah Hern has been suspended from the sixth grade in Muskogee, Oklahoma, because the hijab violates the school's dress code, which bans headgear. Ironically, young Ms. Hern has been suspended from the Ben Franklin Science Academy; sickeningly ironic, Hern was summoned to the school office and informed that she was forbidden to wear the hijab ... on September 11. (CNN)

Thank you, I forgot this little sister...May Allah bless her.

her cause only shows the pathetic level of discrimination and racism directed at muslims.....it is ok for christian girl to come to the school with CROSS on her chest or jewish girl with the star of david on her chest but it is not ok for muslim women to dress the hijab ( the head scarf) which is basic requirement in islam !!

SICKNING HYPOCRISY.

Her case remind me of another case in Germany where a German school struck off a muslim teacher for wearing the hijab, the teacher took the matter to the German high court after 5 years of legal battle and SHE WON THE CASE.....those American bigots who banned this little muslim angel should be taken to court of justice and be tried for discrimination and racism.

Dont worry, muslims are suffering now, but the future is GREEN....no doubt about it.

Re: Proud Syrian

Originally posted by Crunchy Cat
Sorry to bring this thread back to the top but...

Members of your religion don't go around knocking on doors;
however, they most certainly preach. I have four Muslim friends
and they ALL very tactfully try to cram their religion down my
throat at any opportunity. I should note that one of them (my
closest friend out of the bunch) has stopped his preaching and
also appears to be the most open minded amongst the group.

Hang on a second !! There is a big difference between going knocking doors and preaching and between 'wishing' our dear friends and beloved ones the same sweetness we feel in Islam !

I will offer Islam to my friends simply because they are very dear to me and i want them to be saved, what's wrong with that ?

I think you should be grateful for these friends, they really CARE about you.

Re: Proud Syrian (Oh yeah almost forgot).

Originally posted by Crunchy Cat
This is your thread:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28987

and you explicitly 'sell' (preach) Muhammad AND you state that
he himself was a great preacher.

No my lady, I did not post to preach but to counter the pathetic christian lies against Islam and its great prophet....

When someone attack islam and spread false lies, then they must be challenged and stopped.

Re: Re: Proud Syrian

Thank you, I forgot this little sister...May Allah bless her.

I am shocked and appalled that this happened to this little girl! This defies our constitutional protection of separation of church and state.

When I was a child growing up in the deep South, we said prayers in school, we had church ladies come in and tell us Bible stories, there was no protection for us under the constitution at that time. Of course, that's before I understood the concept of separation between church and state. Also, the parents in the community were WASPs, so they didn't protect us from these personal religious invasions. It was the accepted practice. When I was seven I went to a Baptist Sunday School with my friends. The Sunday School teacher asked us to say something nice to Jesus for dying for us. I said, "Jesus I'm sorry you died." Just then, the old bat of a prude came up and slapped me across the face for saying that I was sorry Jesus died! Now, I'm not sorry, nor do I believe Jesus died, but I hope the old bat did. It took me a number of years to escape from their clutches, but I did, and I'm free of their lies.

God Bless this little girl in Oklahoma. That reminds me of NAFTA. Texas is going to slip right off into the Gulf of Mexico, but don't worry. Oklahoma sucks!

I am not saying Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world because of conversion mainly, of course the high rate of birth in the muslim world plays a vital role as well, but your ignorant comments about Islam generated my response.
and what's wrong with the high rate of birth ? Europe is dying out because of chronic low rate of birth, so muslims will make up the difference.

;)

Apparently my assumption that Islam is the fastest growing religion due to the higher birthrate in Muslim countries is correct. So please let me know which of my comments were ignorant.

And to suggest that these Western women converted because of muslim man is AN INSULT to these western independent liberal women, muslim man can and is allowed to marry girls who are not muslims, you see, you again shows sheer ignorance of islam and its culture.........

Please, Get some education about islam..!

Where did I say that Muslim men are not allowed to marry girls who are not Muslims? What I was talking about were men who will not marry outside their religion - there is a difference. You seem to assume that I live on an island and have never been exposed to Islam. The fact is, the company I work for employs a high number of Muslims, and the ownership of the company was originally mainly Muslim men. I am friends with most of the Muslims who work there, so I do know something about their religion, given that they don't hesitate to share it with me.

Although I like most of the Muslims who currently work there, as well as those who have worked there in the past, this does not mean I like their religion. I respect their right to believe as they choose, but I also feel that if they had been exposed to a smorgasboard of religions when they were young, and allowed to freely choose a different system of beliefs if they wanted to, many of them wouldn't necessarily be Muslim today. Most Muslims are Muslim by default rather than by free choice. Is that an ignorant comment as well, or do you concede that this is the truth?

By the way, I am truly sorry for the little girl who wasn't allowed to wear the hijab to school. I'm all about religious freedom - not about limiting religious choices, as you seem to think. I don't like Islam at all, and I particularly dislike it since 9/11, but then I don't like any of the Abramic religions. You needn't feel special in this regard.

Back