Is playing God - 'human cloning' not a dangeroues game?

Twins are different, they are at the same time and are two different people.
Why does the mere fact that they are born at the same time mean that twins are both people, while clones are not? You haven't explained your reasoning here.
If you go through life, then decide to make a clone of yourself, that's different. That clone is your property to do whatever you want with it. Regardless if it has its own expereience, its still just a piece of technology, to serve mankind
Again, you keep just saying this without actually explaining it.

I'm just saying twins are two different people, born naturally like any body. They have their own identity

Ok, lets say there is a person named Moe. He is 21 and makes a clone of himself. That clone is technology, and the clone is Moe's property.

In other words, we can use clones to do a variety of things. A clone is like a robot

no obviously there is no law because we dont clone yet. But I am saying, if I made a clone of myself, that clone is my property, just like my X360 or TV or whatever. If I want to use him for labor, he must obey. If I want to use him for whatever reason, he must obey

They are not their own identity. The original person owns the clone.

Lol, communist hamster, this is coming from you? A communist?

no obviously there is no law because we dont clone yet. But I am saying, if I made a clone of myself, that clone is my property,
So if there's no law why should the clone be your property?

just like my X360 or TV or whatever. If I want to use him for labor, he must obey. If I want to use him for whatever reason, he must obey
You were "made" by your parents, so they can use you for whatever purpose?

They are not their own identity.
And how did YOU become your own identity?

The original person owns the clone.
By what logic?

So if there's no law why should the clone be your property?

You were "made" by your parents, so they can use you for whatever purpose?

And how did YOU become your own identity?

By what logic?

Because I'm a completely different person than my parents. I am me. The clone of me is the same copy of me. Because of this, it is logical that you own it.

I see a potential for clones in the military, or perhaps in factories, etc.

Because I'm a completely different person than my parents. I am me. The clone of me is the same copy of me. Because of this, it is logical that you own it.
Then you know nothing about logic, or the intellectual development of humans or the development of personality.
The genetic material will be yours, but the mind, experiences and memories that form the personality will not be.
It will become its own person.
Because it will not BE you.

I see a potential for clones in the military, or perhaps in factories, etc.
Yeah, same as humans.

But they are not created by God, they are not ''unique''. They are technology. The definition for technology is ''That of which is employed in order to serve a purpose''

Clones dying isnt as tragic as humans dying. I'd rather a clone of you die than you yourself;) , because you'd still be around

But they are not created by God,
And there are people who are?

they are not ''unique''.
Only genetically - intellectually they will be.

They are technology. The definition for technology is ''That of which is employed in order to serve a purpose''
And you make up your own definitions as well, however incorrect, to suit your own purposes.
Try the web:
tech·nol·o·gy (tĕk-nŏl'ə-jē) pronunciation
n., pl. -gies.
1. The application of science, especially to industrial or commercial objectives.
2. The scientific method and material used to achieve a commercial or industrial objective.
2. Electronic or digital products and systems considered as a group: a store specializing in office technology.
3. Anthropology. The body of knowledge available to a society that is of use in fashioning implements, practicing manual arts and skills, and extracting or collecting materials.

Clones dying isnt as tragic as humans dying.
Prove it - they'd still be individuals, with human genetics.

I'd rather a clone of you die than you yourself;) , because you'd still be around
And since a clone wouldn't be anyone other than himself he, of course, would rather that you die, since he'd still be around.

Okay, yes we are all created by God

And the application of science! We are applying science to make clones in order to SERVE us and our needs

He is not unique in any way.

The reason it wouldnt be as tragic is because: If it died, you could just clone yourself again and there we go. If you died, we cannot clone anyone

But if I die I cant make clones of myself. If my clone dies, I can just make another. They are disposable.

In your opinion.

And the application of science! We are applying science to make clones in order to SERVE us and our needs
And we apply science to make sick people better - does that make them property?
Do they then belong to the doctor that cured them?

His metal development would be unique.

The reason it wouldnt be as tragic is because: If it died, you could just clone yourself again and there we go. If you died, we cannot clone anyone
Or alternatively we could clone him, since he shares all of my genetic material, and create another individual.

But if I die I cant make clones of myself. If my clone dies, I can just make another.
See above.

They are disposable.
Wrong.
They would be individuals.

In your opinion.

And we apply science to make sick people better - does that make them property?
Do they then belong to the doctor that cured them?

His metal development would be unique.

Or alternatively we could clone him, since he shares all of my genetic material, and create another individual.

See above.

Wrong.
They would be individuals.

No, oh my gosh arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall.

The God issue-lets lay that to rest, shall we?

Anyway, we make the sick better, but the property is the medicine used, the routine and procedures taken. It is SERVING the sick.

I was assuming that you had no clone, and you died, we could no longer make more of you.

No, because if a clone dies you make another, so its disposable.

No, oh my gosh arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall.
Beacuse you don't listen.

The God issue-lets lay that to rest, shall we?
Well since you believe that humans are god-made and clones are human-made it's pretty hard to lay aside, neh?

Anyway, we make the sick better, but the property is the medicine used, the routine and procedures taken. It is SERVING the sick.
Which differs how from cloning?
The property would be the routines and procedures taken - the basis would be human genetics.

I was assuming that you had no clone, and you died, we could no longer make more of you.
And since a clone would be an individual unique intellect then if he died that would be a tragedy.

No, because if a clone dies you make another, so its disposable.
By that logic:
If a human dies all it takes is sex (far less involved than cloning), and nine months later - another human.
So humans are disposable too, no?

Ok, for your first two I wont answer

But as for your third:
The property is the procedures and technology used, in order to produce the Clone, which then SERVES us

Not really, because if a clone dies, he is not an individual. If a person dies, you cannot replace THAT SAME invdividual with sex. If a clone dies, clone the host and then you have another

Humans are invdividuals, unique in nature. We can't be replaced. Clones are like disposable cameras, they are ALL THE SAME. Does every disposable camera differ? Are they individuals? Nope, they are objects.

The following is an interesting argument:
But if I die I cant make clones of myself. If my clone dies, I can just make another. They are disposable.
How about the following:
If you die, your clone an make another clone of himself. You are disposable.
Once born and allowed to survive for a while, a clone has consciousness, a functioning brain, ambitions, emotions, a knowledge of its own mortality, et cetera. Your clone would be basically as intelligent as you. What makes you somehow better than your clone and gives you the right to own him/her?

Perhaps you are a theist and believe that a clone has no soul. If that is your rationale, please say so.

The following is an interesting argument:How about the following:Once born and allowed to survive for a while, a clone has consciousness, a functioning brain, ambitions, emotions, a knowledge of its own mortality, et cetera. Your clone would be basically as intelligent as you. What makes you somehow better than your clone and gives you the right to own him/her?

Perhaps you are a theist and believe that a clone has no soul. If that is your rationale, please say so.

But your clone has no IDENTITY as a Human Being. He shares my identity, therefore I am his master ( a Host I suppose)

Wow, that is ridiculous and preposterous rationale. A clone is still a living being and no matter what your intention for it, it will still have a brain able to understand and have a sense of self and that sense of self has a right to make decisions for it's own welfare. You essentially cannot really own another viable life but oppress it because it has the same needs and desires to be free and happy just like you. You are no different than those who would use others through slavery or any form of oppression for your own benefit. That is just terrible.

Slavery is wrong. You should not bind a human being, or any living life form. So, because you dont want and shouldnt bind living beings, simply make a few clones of them. AFter all, the Host (the true Human being) is still enjoying his life.

But your clone has no IDENTITY as a Human Being. He shares my identity, therefore I am his master ( a Host I suppose)

You are not his frigging master, it's a clone of you asshat. He doesn't share your identity and if he did share your mental makeup whereby he agreed to give up his life for you then maybe it would be okay but if he disagreed, it would be no less than murder.

Back