Is playing God - 'human cloning' not a dangeroues game?

Well no doubt in the future, we will somehow be immortal and spread our reign across the universe, and even create new life forms. God creates Man. Man replaces God. Man's creation replaces Man, and so on

How can you say this? Did you develop intellectually as a baby and child?

A human clone does not walk out of a machine fully grown.

Do you think a clone is born out of a machine with a blank mind, fully grown?

Even if a way was discovered to make/grow a clone to physical maturity, as soon as s/he started to have experinces, Bam! independent development.
The only possible way around it would be to keep a clone in stasis. Even then, I'm not convinced the brain/mind would not develop.
Stated in the obverse, I still think there would be some brain activity.

Go Jordan. Go.

We can also breed clones, then. We breed dogs, horses,etc, so why not breed clones to do special jobs? Clones bred especially for the military, or especially for farm/factory life. Clones bred to be elite special forces troops. There's a whole range of possibilities

If we can find a way to farm clones for their body that we should be able to transfer our brain directly into them that would be awesome. Gotta find a way first to make them live similar lifespan to us. That aside clone army would make good strategic frontline fodder.

"Human Cloning" is the creation of a genetically identical copy of an existing, or previously existing human or growing cloned tissue from that individual. The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_cloning - [cache] - Wikipedia, MSN, Wisenut

Italics mine

Hey Norsefire, Fugu dono, There's this fun little book you might want to check out. It's called "Brave New World". (You do know what books are, right? They're made from wood pulp & ink; and instead of hyperlinks they sometimes use things called 'references'.)

Go Jordan, Go!

Um yes I know what a book is.

and yes great for what a clone is, but nonetheless we can breed clones to do jobs that we ourselves could not, or to explore lands so that we ourselves dont have to risk our necks

^lol, they would not be slaves because they would not know that they could be what we are. Instead, steady propaganda at youth and breeding would make us able to use clones for a variety of jobs that are otherwise dangerous or unenjoyable

Hey Norsefire, on an unrelated topic: "Syria will prevail" Against...?

"Human Cloning" is the creation of a genetically identical copy of an existing, or previously existing human or growing cloned tissue from that individual. The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_cloning - [cache] - Wikipedia, MSN, Wisenut

Italics mine

Hey Norsefire, Fugu dono, There's this fun little book you might want to check out. It's called "Brave New World". (You do know what books are, right? They're made from wood pulp & ink; and instead of hyperlinks they sometimes use things called 'references'.)

Go Jordan, Go!

Are you suggesting I don't read 'books' Tht1Gy? That's a pretty rude assumption friend. Is there something that suggest I don't read 'books'? Yes, I have already been through that book youmentioned thank you. I can think on my own too you know!?

Cloning is a relatively unexplored on possibilities due to damn ethical problems when faced with many religious zealots. Can you honestly tell me apart from what we know of cloning that there is nothing more we could do in that field of research? Are you upset over potential to apply clones for military use as frontline fodder?

Tell me what are you getting at mentioning my username and accusing my of not reading books. This topic talks about clones in regards to ethic, morality and justice. Perhaps I just don't feel there's any moral or ethical problem with cloning people and using them to serve selfish purpose. I can't speak for Norsefire as he has his own opinion on the matter. I don't agree with him on many things too ne.

Sonnyjim you must feel foolish for your comment. To be honest I really don't care what you think. :shrug:

I dont feel a problem with using clones to serve our needs either. After all, they are technology, and technology serves Humanity.

I dont feel a problem with using clones to serve our needs either. After all, they are technology, and technology serves Humanity.

You have already demonstrated that you have no idea what a clone is, so of course you wouldn't see problems.

No, I know what a clone is. A copy of a human being, not the original being. Therefore, it's just a created piece of equipment

And would it be better to send you or a clone of you into a dangerous place? A clone, because if it dies, we can send another, and another, and another

Are you suggesting I don't read 'books' Tht1Gy? That's a pretty rude assumption friend. Is there something that suggest I don't read 'books'? Yes, I have already been through that book youmentioned thank you. I can think on my own too you know!?

Are you upset over potential to apply clones for military use as frontline fodder?
Sonnyjim you must feel foolish for your comment. To be honest I really don't care what you think. :shrug:

First off don't take it too seriously.
The suggestion that you don't read books is a reference to, well, too much time in front of the monitor.
Also, religion aside, there have been many Sci-Fi books on the technical, and social pit-falls of cloning. And, well your posts seem oblivous of any potential problems.
And about frontline fodder...?:eek:

As far as pure research goes, I have no problem. Clone specific tissue? Great! Organs? Good Idea!
But, whole people, canon fodder, dangerous work? No thanks, no slaves for me.
I'm kinda new to the board thing, is there a problem with my using your name?
And if by 'SonnyJim' you mean me, no, I don't feel foolish for my post. Why should I?
You certanly didn't make any debate points.

Back