Is it wrong to have sex for fun, knowing it might possibly lead to an abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you marshalling an argument in support of your repulsive opinions, SetiAlpha. Is this the best you can do?

Here's a pointed question to get you started, if you want to re-engage more honestly on this topic.

A woman is raped, and wants to terminate the resulting pregnancy. You are the judge appointed to decide whether she should have permission to terminate her pregnancy. Your word is law.

Tell us what your decision is in this scenario.​

No problem, It would be illegal to deliberately kill your own children at any age. The way it used to be for decades in the US! Done!

You know very well that the Child inside her is innocent, just as you were at that time.
And so...?

No problem, It would be illegal to deliberately kill your own children at any age. The way it used to be for decades in the US! Done!
Done indeed.

You're saying that, given the power to make a binding decision, you personally would not, in the case of rape, allow a woman to terminate her pregnancy. In other words, you would force her to carry the child to term against her will.

At least we cleared that up. No more pretending that you would not force women to do what you want rather than what they want. Agree?

Now, how about you try to respond to my posts above, in which I have asked you a number of specific questions? You felt compelled to say "No" and "wrong on multiple levels" to what I posted, and to claim that I have somehow misrepresented facts, but you have not pointed to any specifics of your claims or accusations.

Are you going to let us all in on what I'm wrong about, on multiple levels, exactly, or do you just plan on flinging mud and running away?

Good to see you marshalling an argument in support of your repulsive opinions, SetiAlpha. Is this the best you can do?

Here's a pointed question to get you started, if you want to re-engage more honestly on this topic.

A woman is raped, and wants to terminate the resulting pregnancy. You are the judge appointed to decide whether she should have permission to terminate her pregnancy. Your word is law.

Tell us what your decision is in this scenario.​

Ben Shapiro does a better job at arguing than I can!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/9768...bortion-argument-no-more-amanda-prestigiacomo

While we're at it, is it your argument that a past history of oppressive harmful patriarchal laws justifies the retention or reimposition of those same laws? Are you saying that because it is "traditional" to fail to acknowledge the basic rights of women to bodily autonomy, that therefore that's the right thing to do?

And so...?

Done indeed.

You're saying that, given the power to make a binding decision, you personally would not, in the case of rape, allow a woman to terminate her pregnancy. In other words, you would force her to carry the child to term against her will.

At least we cleared that up. No more pretending that you would not force women to do what you want rather than what they want. Agree?

Now, how about you try to respond to my posts above, in which I have asked you a number of specific questions? You felt compelled to say "No" and "wrong on multiple levels" to what I posted, and to claim that I have somehow misrepresented facts, but you have not pointed to any specifics of your claims or accusations.

Are you going to let us all in on what I'm wrong about, on multiple levels, exactly, or do you just plan on flinging mud and running away?
While we're at it, is it your argument that a past history of oppressive harmful patriarchal laws justifies the retention or reimposition of those same laws? Are you saying that because it is "traditional" to fail to acknowledge the basic rights of women to bodily autonomy, that therefore that's the right thing to do?

Nope, only because it was right!

Are you really a woman “James”?

Have you been lying to everyone this whole time?

You think?

This is the first time I've heard of Ben Shapiro. It seems he edits some kind of right-wing pseudo-news site. One of the first items I came across with a brief search was an altercation in which he lost his temper at a BBC journalist who dared to ask him some basic questions about his support for the recent extremist anti-abortion laws.

You want to make this guy your poster boy on the topic of abortion?

I'm guessing that you probably source most of you "news" from sites like this "Daily Wire". I can see how that would give you a completely skewed view on a whole range of issues, abortion being just one.

Tentatively, I'd suggest you might try thinking for yourself, instead of just adopting the talking points of the kind of people who write the sort of dross you just linked to.

If you must adopt his talking points, at least try to put the ideas into your own words, if for no other reason than to show that you've actually digested the arguments the guy is making.

And so...?

Done indeed.

You think?

This is the first time I've heard of Ben Shapiro. It seems he edits some kind of right-wing pseudo-news site. One of the first items I came across with a brief search was an altercation in which he lost his temper at a BBC journalist who dared to ask him some basic questions about his support for the recent extremist anti-abortion laws.

You want to make this guy your poster boy on the topic of abortion?

I'm guessing that you probably source most of you "news" from sites like this "Daily Wire". I can see how that would give you a completely skewed view on a whole range of issues, abortion being just one.

Tentatively, I'd suggest you might try thinking for yourself, instead of just adopting the talking points of the kind of people who write the sort of dross you just linked to.

If you must adopt his talking points, at least try to put the ideas into your own words, if for no other reason than to show that you've actually digested the arguments the guy is making.

Wow!

You really have been lying to everyone all these years!

And, have you stopped beating your wife?

Yes or No?

Nope, only because it was right!

Are you really a woman “James”?

Have you been lying to everyone this whole time?
Interesting.

First, I note that you're not evidencing any intention of honestly addressing the points I've put to you in previous posts. I assume it is because you have no good answers of your own to my objections to your position.

Second, I am intrigued as to why you think my gender is at all relevant. Suppose I am a woman, for the sake of argument. What then? "Well, she would be pro-choice, because she's a woman!" Is that how it would go?

If you think that being a woman makes you more likely to be pro-choice, who knows? Maybe you're right. If it does make it more likely, then you have some thinking to do about what women might understand about abortion that you, as a man, haven't cottoned onto yet.

On the other hand, maybe you're saying that if I'm a woman, then my "bias" on the abortion topic is a given, and therefore my views should be discounted as hysterical ranting from the weaker sex. That would be consistent with your opinions so far, which seem to consider women to be people who should not have a voice, even when it comes to control over their own bodies. Because men, being superior and all, know what's best for the little ladies - far better than they know themselves. Is that how it goes?

Do you imagine that if I am woman that you can safely ignore anything I have to say about the topic? Would that be more convenient for you that to assume I'm a man, like you? Do you feel more obliged to listen to what men have to say?

Or maybe you assume I must be a woman because no man would willing cede the power to control women's bodies to women themselves? That's a crazy idea - treating women as other than subordinates to men. Is that how it works for you?

Finally, it occurs to me that you actually think I'm a man, but you think that I will be insulted if you call me a woman. That, again, tends to suggest that you regard women as inferior creatures.

Here's what I suggest: you're making a very poor show in your failure to respond to any of the substance on this topic of discussion. Therefore, you should assume, for now, that I'm of whichever gender makes you more likely to actually attempt to make an argument of your own to support your position. You should also understand that I won't be in the least insulted if you assume I'm a woman, so if that's your intent you can take it as just one more failure that exposes your moral vacuity.

Last edited:
Interesting.

First, I note that you're not evidencing any intention of honestly addressing the points I've put to you in previous posts. I assume it is because you have no good answers of your own to my objections to your position.

Second, I am intrigued as to why you think my gender is at all relevant. Suppose I am a woman, for the sake of argument. What then? "Well, she would be pro-choice, because she's a woman!" Is that how it would go?

If you think that being a woman makes you more likely to be pro-choice, who knows? Maybe you're right. If it does make it more likely, then you have some thinking to do about what women might understand about abortion that you, as a man, haven't cottoned onto yet.

On the other hand, maybe you're saying that if I'm a woman, then my "bias" on the abortion topic is a given, and therefore my views should be discounted as hysterical ranting from the weaker sex. That would be consistent with your opinions so far, which seem to consider women to be people who should not have a voice, even when it comes to control over their own bodies. Because men, being superior and all, know what's best for the little ladies - far better than they know themselves. Is that how it goes?

Do you imagine that if I am woman that you can safely ignore anything I have to say about the topic? Would that be more convenient for you that to assume I'm a man, like you? Do you feel more obliged to listen to what men have to say?

Or maybe you assume I must be a woman because no man would willing cede the power to control women's bodies to women themselves? That's a crazy idea - treating women as other than subordinates to men. Is that how it works for you?

Finally, it occurs to me that you actually think I'm a man, but you think that I will be insulted if you call me a woman. That, again, tends to suggest that you regard women as inferior creatures.

Here's what I suggest: you're making a very poor show in your failure to respond to any of the substance on this topic of discussion. Therefore, you should assume, for now, that I'm of whichever gender makes you more likely to actually attempt to make an argument of your own to support your position. You should also understand that I won't be in the least insulted if you assume I'm a woman, so if that's your intent you can take it as just one more failure that exposes your moral vacuity.

No, none of that!

I love women, and I think they are God’s greatest creation.

I just think that you are lying to the world when you present yourself as a man.

Why did you decide to deceive everyone?

No, none of that!

I just think that you are lying to the world when you present yourself as a man.

You mean James is not a stuffed dog?

Flinging mud. Next comes the running away, right?

I want you to imagine, James, that once upon a time there was an atheist.

One day, that atheist says he has converted to Christianity.

Now, the thing is, as you and I both know, that among Christian diversity, pretty much anyone can find a place for their version of the faith.

To the other, sure, there are times it just doesn't look right.

And maybe if you have enough examples stretched over time, it might eventually occur to you that the convert's expressed Christian faith kind of still looks like an atheistic parody.

Meanwhile, have you not noticed the trend, lately? Just make it up as they go?

Relax and enjoy the softballing.

• • •​

You mean James is not a stuffed dog?

Well, he's certainly not a renegade AI networking the stars themselves and teaching alien women to love.

and how would you force the father to pay for the childs food, shelter and health care and education ?

would you put the father in a forced labour camp ?

You said you "cannot force or stop" a woman who wanted an abortion from getting that abortion; you would instead try to talk her out of it. Now you've proven yourself a liar.

Why do you love them?

More to point: do you respect them? Because, from where I'm sitting, I'm not seeing respect.

Suppose I am. Does that somehow make your anti-abortion argument more morally valid, or something?

Why are you so concerned about my gender? Why don't you respond to the points I made regarding your repulsive views around abortion?

This isn't about me.

This is a thread you chose to start to preach your religiously-inspired version of morality regarding abortion. That morality turns out to be one in which you, a man, are entitled, for some reason you can't explain, to dictate to women what they can and can't do with their own bodies. You've told us unequivocally that, had you the power, you would force raped women to bear their rapists' children.

And you're worried about whether I'm a man or a woman? Really? Fix your own house first.

I did not know Gromit was a female!

Did Wallace know?

I do love Gromit!

Perhaps she was impersonating a male dog all along.

Just perhaps?

She sure was brilliant!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back